Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

i drink so much water
By lottiebud
On Wed Apr 24, 2013 04:40 AM
Edited by lottiebud (258190) on 2013-04-24 04:44:12

Is it normal to always feel thirsty?
I work in an office and during my 7.5 hour day I drink around 2.5 - 3 litres of water and then about another litre when I'm home.
I'm not just drinking for the sake of it, I am just thirsty! I've always been good at drinking water, making sure I enough but I've never felt this thirsty.
I'm quite small - 5ft 2 and inside 8-10.

I was just wondering if there is anyone else that drinks this much, or if it is dangerous or bad for me in anyway?

Thanks!

4 Replies to i drink so much water

re: i drink so much water
By Balleticmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 24, 2013 06:59 AM
Hi!

I would recommend talking to your doctor about this. Being thirsty all the time is actually a symptom of some illnesses, such as Diabetes. Not that I am saying that you for sure have Diabetes! Please don't panic :) But to be on the safe side, I would have a chat with a doctor about it. Good luck!
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Apr 24, 2013 07:09 AM
The usual recommendations about how much water you should drink are based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. In fact, no one has any idea how much water you should drink. That said, there are a few medical conditions that can cause you to feel thirsty. So this is a question you should really ask your doctor the next time you see him. It's probably nothing, but it's worth mentioning.

But no, drinking that much water is not bad for you. Water can be toxic, but you have to drink an ENORMOUS quantity. Also keep in mind that active people drink more water. So do people who sweat excessively. So do people who pee excessively. So do people who drink a lot of coffee. There are a lot of variables here, so if you're concerned, ask your doctor.
By majahayes
On Wed Apr 24, 2013 07:44 AM
I agree that its probably isn't anything to worry about, but you should still mention it to your doctor. Drinking lots of water is a sign of diabetes, but you would likely have other symptoms also. And everything panic said is true too, there are tons and tons of variables relating to how much water a person needs.
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 AM
It's sometimes triggered by eating a lot of packaged/processed/salty/sugary foods. I know I'm always significantly thirstier when I abandon my 70% raw lifestyle for pizza and cookies. :P

ReplySendWatch