Forum: Teaching Assistants

Job Interview
By theresemarie
On Wed May 01, 2013 09:35 AM

Hey, I have a job interview coming up for an assistant teaching position. I was wondering what kind of clothing I should wear to the interview. Should I dress professional? Nice skirt, blouse, hair up?

4 Replies to Job Interview

re: Job Interview
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed May 01, 2013 10:51 AM
Try posting this is Work/Employment. :)

And, yes, you always dress professionally for a job interview.
By miss_anna_dance
On Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 AM
I would inquire with whom you are interviewing. Go with professional attire if you can't ask, but sometimes in these kind of interviews, they will want to see you dance/demonstrate/see what you teach in. But if unsure, dress professionally and bring a change of clothing just in case.
By theresemarie
On Thu May 02, 2013 03:52 PM
I usually wear dance tights and shorts under my skirts and dresses for modesty. I will just add the leotard or tank top as well. I can still look professional and be prepared to dance.
re: Job Interview (karma: 1)
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 02, 2013 07:27 PM
In my careers class in high school, the teacher said that for an interview, you should always dress one step above the job you're interviewing for. So, since the job would basically be yoga pants and t-shirts, a nice pair of pants and a nice top would be fine. Something that you might not necessarily dance in, but that you could if you had to - because I've been asked more than once to dance right on the spot. :O

ReplySendWatch