Forum: Highland / Highland - Guys

Highland - Guys
Help! Desperately Seeking Black (or dark navy) Prince Charlie for slim 14 year old
By Dancemom44 Comments: 492, member since Thu Oct 11, 2007
On Wed May 08, 2013 07:40 AM
Locked by Dancemom44 (186709) on 2013-06-12 11:54:54 No longer required

My DS is rapidly outgrowing his PC. Do any male dancers have one they are able to sell that might fit. Current chest measurement over a T-shirt is 32.5" so he likely needs the vest to be 34". Sleeve length on the jacket needs to be 24".

I have tried x-hire PCs and other standard "dress" PCs on the internet but the sleeves all seem way to short. I can convert a dress PC for dancing by having gussets put under the arms but I can't make the arms long enough on a standard off-the-rack size.

I would prefer to buy a used jacket from a dancer given he is growing rapidly, but alternatively, can anyone recommend professional PC maker who could do a custom PC for a premier dancer? I am in southern Ontario, but we are headed to Scotland in August so would consider ordering in advance and have it fitted there.

Thanks,
Lisa

5 Replies to Help! Desperately Seeking Black (or dark navy) Prince Charlie for slim 14 year old

re: Help! Desperately Seeking Black (or dark navy) Prince Charlie for slim 14 year old
By THREEHILLDANCER Comments: 18, member since Tue Feb 05, 2008
On Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 PM
I have a 14 yr old DS who needed a new pc so ordered a 34 L from Lochcarron with 24" sleeves. When it arrived he had already outgrown it. It cost 550 plus shipping and Gst. It is black. If interested let me know and possibly we can work out a price.
re: Help! Desperately Seeking Black (or dark navy) Prince Charlie for slim 14 year old
By heather4 Comments: 550, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Wed May 15, 2013 07:44 AM
Wings Designs in Burnaby BC makes beautiful PC jackets for dancers.
On Thu May 16, 2013 06:54 AM
Thanks for your replies. I managed to find an exhire jacket and vest that hould be able to be altered by our seamstress for dancing.
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Thu May 16, 2013 09:54 PM
Can you share where you found it? I need a 36 for my son with 23 inch arms.
On Fri May 17, 2013 08:11 AM
I got it from The Scottish Company in Toronto. They still have a size 36 exhire for sale. I think the sleeves are 24.5" on that one with a 1 inch hem.

But, if you are planning to have a seamstress alter it for a dancer you might want to talk to the seamstress first about whether to buy it a little bigger in order to allow for the alterations. Last time we did this our seamstress reset the sleeves to make the shoulders and the armhole smaller, put in gussets under the arms and narrowed the sleeves. These alterations allowed the jacket to hang properly when the arms are raised.

The staff at the Scottish Company were very helpful and gave me measurements over the phone of the jackets they had on hand.

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed