Forum: Adults / Children & Parenting

Children & Parenting
Question about someone else's baby
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Mon May 13, 2013 11:54 AM

I am having a bit of a dilemma. A girl that I kind of know (she was my roommate at this leadership forum thing I did in highschool so we're friends on social media stuff but I don't know her very well) recently got pregnant with her boyfriend and had the baby about a month ago. She's about my age (18 or 19) and living at home still. She posts lots of pictures on instagram of the baby and I saw one today captioned "trying to sleep" or something like that of the baby in a crib with tons of pillows/ blankets/ stuffed animals and stuff and even a clock/ radio with a cord in the bed with her.

I'm no expert on babies by any stretch of the imagination but I've done my fair share of babysitting and red cross classes and isn't that, like, one of those things that you're never supposed to do because the baby can suffocate? They're supposed to have an empty crib right?

I don't want to pry or be trying to parent other people's kids or anything, especially since I don't even really know the girl, but should I say something?

3 Replies to Question about someone else's baby

re: Question about someone else's baby
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 PM
Could have been a joke?
re: Question about someone else's baby (karma: 1)
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 PM
Definitely nothing soft in there! !! All that is linked to SIDS. I would just post an article (www.onestepahead.com . . .) or just google crib safety and sids and lots should pop up.. Anywya, I would post an article and just say that you heard that stuffed animals and soft objects in the crib can be bad for little babies! And leave it at that. I know a lot of people get offended when others step in with their parenting ideas and stuff, but I don't think we need to tiptoe around when it comes to child safety. If I saw a picture of a child in a moving car without a seatbelt or riding a bike without a helmet, I would say something.
re: Question about someone else's baby
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Mon May 13, 2013 12:27 PM
Teresa pretty much always slept with a blankie or small stuffie... Now that she is in the toddler bedthere is a zoo in there.

Mamma.bunny...
Baby bunny
Rainbow bunny
Too py/binoo
Patchy patch

ReplySendWatch