Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Professionals

Jazz - Professionals
Auditioning and Dancing at Busch Gardens
By DayandNight Comments: 116, member since Wed Nov 24, 2010
On Wed May 29, 2013 12:17 PM

Hello,

I am looking into auditioning for the Busch Gardens Williamsburg theme park, and I was wondering if there were any other performers or ex-performers who could share some information on auditioning and working there.

Thanks!

2 Replies to Auditioning and Dancing at Busch Gardens

re: Auditioning and Dancing at Busch Gardens
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Wed Jun 05, 2013 03:39 AM
I have tons of friends who worked for the Tampa park. Theme park jobs are very similar to cruise line jobs. They're usually intense, well-paid, and short-lived. You need to be willing to devote your entire life to the job, and you should expect either to quit or to be fired within 5 years. Almost everyone I know who worked there loved the experience. But keep in mind that you're not just selling your talent - you're selling them a whole image. Go to the park and see what the entertainers look like. Hair, makeup, clothing, attitude, SMILES... all of it. And from the moment you walk in the door for the audition, you need to already be a Busch Gardens performer. Even before you start your proper audition. If you can't smile the ENTIRE TIME you're in the audition space, don't even bother. Your look and demeanor during the audition are just as important as your skill.

That said, what do you have to lose? It's a great job. If it doesn't work out, pay attention to your experience, and try again next season. A lot of people don't get hired the first time they audition. But do it.
re: Auditioning and Dancing at Busch Gardens
By corinnabee Comments: 26, member since Wed Jul 22, 2009
On Wed Jun 05, 2013 04:10 AM
Working for Busch Gardens or Disney is a great job. Go for it!

ReplySendWatch