Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competitions

Jazz - Competitions
Need some suggestions for a prop!
By HeyRedPremium member Comments: 1567, member since Wed Jul 02, 2003
On Sat Jun 01, 2013 08:07 AM

One of my seniors is doing a routine to "Everlasting Love" by Natalie Cole. We are creating a bride-inspired costume for her.

We are looking to enter it into a Specialty/Prop category at a competition in a few months. We are required to utilize a prop in the routine, but we're having difficulty coming up with something. We don't want anything large - so something simple and easily transportable.

We considered a top hat, a bouquet... Chairs and stools are overused. Any suggestions?? We're drawing a blank!

Thank you :)

2 Replies to Need some suggestions for a prop!

re: Need some suggestions for a prop!
By J1ll Comments: 2344, member since Wed Oct 14, 2009
On Sat Jun 01, 2013 09:09 AM
A small bouquet seems like a natural choice. But other ideas could be a ring pillow, cake cutter, camera, mock bible or a locket.
re: Need some suggestions for a prop!
By CaraRose Comments: 3, member since Sat Jun 22, 2013
On Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 PM
The very first thing that came to my mind (but it might be too big) is a light wooden or even cardboard arch that people stand under in outdoor weddings. You could spray paint it white and put fake flowers on it. You could also do the same with an altar. Someone could roll out a long white isle carpet for her to walk down the isle on. Or you could do all three!!! I think just think that using nothing but flowers is overdone.

ReplySendWatch