Forum: General / Success Stories

Success Stories
There's light at the end of a rainbow !
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Sat Jun 15, 2013 07:07 PM

I had a teacher in college for jazz who kept screaming at me for no reason . She Siad I frustrated her. So I had had enough ! I was quitting after the first year but then I released maybe that's what she wants . To ruin my dreams , my mam Siad look maybe she sees potential in you and wants to work you harder. My friends told me it because she knew I could do better . I'd be sweating so much in class doing my best to get put down without fail every time. I got that unconfident I felt I can't do it anymore . I'd dread going in to class . There was a fear inside me, so that summer after first year was a long one. Will I go back will I not is all I thought about. Then I decided you know what I will go back I won't let her put me down ill show her I can do better than anyone in my class . So that term she was out on maternity leave so I had a sub teacher . I loved jazz class again got great marks too with this new teacher. Then the old teacher came back . Still pushed me but didn't seem to put me to the back anymore I was getting moved up in routines bit by bit. Then finally in third year I was one of her favourite students . Don't know why ? She wasn't my favourite person . I think it was because I was one of the only students putting in the work and she found other people to pick on. She gave me the main role in the final dance show . I knew I deserved this a long time ago.
So head up , believe in yourself . Don't let anyone put you down and continue to work hard and enjoy your self don't loose passion in what you love for anyone ..
This experience has made me physically and emotionally a better stronger dancer

She then went on to tell me my choreography has inspired her !

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Never Give Up
:)

3 Replies to There's light at the end of a rainbow !

re: There's light at the end of a rainbow !
By camymac_dancer Comments: 96, member since Sun Jul 01, 2012
On Tue Jul 23, 2013 01:04 PM
Congrats! I'm happy to hear you kept trying! It truly inspired me to keep working at it! :)
By Amy4evax Comments: 14, member since Sat Feb 09, 2013
On Sat Aug 03, 2013 03:33 PM
Congratz, keep your head held high and show them what you got!
By Love2danceS Comments: 21, member since Sat Aug 17, 2013
On Sun Aug 18, 2013 02:55 AM
Well done sticking with it and believing in yourself. It's great to hear

ReplySendWatch