Forum: Advice / GLBT PG-13

GLBT PG-13
Anti-Gay Group Exodus International Shuts Down, Issues Apology To LGBT Community (karma: 1)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Thu Jun 20, 2013 01:23 PM

HOLY CRAP! Anti-gay group Exodus International closes - issues apology to LGBT community. President admits he's been gay the whole damn time.

tinyurl.com . . .

Half of me wants to call him a douchebag, but the other half just feels incredibly sorry for him. I can't imagine being SO filled with self-loathing. Tragic. I mean, have whatever religious beliefs you want. But don't let your beliefs turn you into a douchebag. That's the gospel according to Christ(opher).

2 Replies to Anti-Gay Group Exodus International Shuts Down, Issues Apology To LGBT Community

re: Anti-Gay Group Exodus International Shuts Down, Issues Apology To LGBT Community
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 PM
I actually didn't think things like this happened in the real world. Like - that people like this actually woke up one day and went "You know what? I was wrong about ALL that".

And I like his apology. It's an actual apology, not one of those "I am sorry you were offended" non-apologies.

It'll be interesting to see where Exodus go from here, since they say they're remaining open as a ministry, but just cancelling that whole "pray away the gay" thing.

And I completely agree with you. I feel really sorry for the guy. I can't imagine what it's like to go around with that much internalised homophobia. But yes, I also kind of think he's a jerk too.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
re: Anti-Gay Group Exodus International Shuts Down, Issues Apology To LGBT Community
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Sun Jun 23, 2013 07:43 AM
In my own life, people who hated gays tended to be gay themselves. At my church, there were several people who were SO outspoken about gays burning in hell, how God hates gays, and they would even mock gay people. Every single one of those people came out as gay in their later years.

I feel that some people are uncomfortable with homosexuals because they were either brought up that way or they just don't understand it. On the other hand, the people who are sooooo outspoken about gays living in horrible sin....that seems odd to me that they are so defensive about sexual preference.

ReplySendWatch