Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competitions

Jazz - Competitions
HELP: I need Song Ideas for Solo Dances DESPERATLEY
By CaraRose Comments: 3, member since Sat Jun 22, 2013
On Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 PM
Edited by CaraRose (259635) on 2013-06-22 22:50:24 I thought it would make people click on my post
Edited by CaraRose (259635) on 2013-06-22 23:05:15 I want people to answer me, I have ZERO patience

WHY HAS NOBODY BEEN REPLYING THIS IS MY FIRST DAY ON THIS SITE DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?

I'm looking to choreograph 'character' dances. Mostly looking for solo music. I've always loved the idea of dancing as Alice from Alice In Wonderland or Little Red Riding Hood or Anne Frank or Amelia Earhart. Problem: I can't find any music to choreograph the routines to!!!!!

These dances aren't for me they're for my students. All girls (no guys unfortunately) that are between the ages of 9 and 12, all very talented. I'm open to any sort of character from any sort of media (books, anime, movies, music, real or fictional, doesn't matter!) not just the ones provided!

2 Replies to HELP: I need Song Ideas for Solo Dances DESPERATLEY

re: HELP: I need Song Ideas for Solo Dances DESPERATLEY
By FrozenGhillies Comments: 33, member since Mon Jun 17, 2013
On Sun Jun 23, 2013 09:40 AM
I don't know if it would work, but perhaps songs from movie soundtracks could be a good starting place? Just an idea.
re: HELP: I need Song Ideas for Solo Dances DESPERATLEY
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Wed Jun 26, 2013 02:13 PM
WOAH. Deep Breaths, it's all okay. This is a very busy site, however, there are so many parts of this site that even though thousands visit every day, not every thread gets lots of attention, and certainly not always within a day. I mean, there are dozens of forums that have hundreds of posts each--and if 100 people visit the site for an hour, not ever thread will be seen. We're not ignoring you or anything, it just takes a while for a thread to hit its stride.

If you don't have to have exact music, then I highly recommend looking at movie soundtracks first. You want to find movies with a similar time/look/feel as what you're going for. Don't look at the soundtrack for Mission Impossible if you're wanting a whimsical Alice in Wonderland song. Instead, look at fantasy movies. For Anne Frank, look for movies of similar subject matter or time period, so the music you're listening to is more likely to fit. Use Pandora, Youtube, And Amazon MP3 samples (does iTunes do samples?) to hear music you're unfamiliar with before purchasing it.

You can also look up trending artists, and give them a listen. You might discover someone that your area hasn't heard yet.

Good luck! I know music hunting can become tiresome.

ReplySendWatch