Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Competitions

Ballet - Competitions
Song for Contemporary Ballet solo
By Taylorroselw Comments: 3, member since Sat Jun 29, 2013
On Sat Jun 29, 2013 06:47 PM

Hi everyone! I'm about to start choreographing a contemporary ballet solo for competition. I have a couple songs in mind but I want some other input. I prefer songs with words and I'm really looking for something not too out there but not too overdone. Even if you think of some that are overdone, list them anyway because I may be able to find a cover/remix/acoustic version :) Thank you!

3 Replies to Song for Contemporary Ballet solo

re: Song for Contemporary Ballet solo
By DanceHeart99member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 200, member since Mon Nov 21, 2011
On Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:16 PM
I love the song Never Tear Us Apart by Paloma Faith, but a lot of her songs are great.
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2214, member since Thu Dec 20, 2007
On Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:21 PM
I know of very few choreographers who make dances to words that they would self-classify as "ballet."
By IceDancer94member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 46, member since Tue Feb 12, 2013
On Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:21 AM
Usually contemporary ballet is done to songs without lyrics, and at all the competitons I've been too, it's required that contemporary pointe/ballet is purely instrumental. You may want to check with the guidelines of competitions/performances you plan to use this piece in and make sure lyrics are allowed!

I've done a few contemporary pieces, I'll share the music I have used (note, none of them have lyrics.)

www.youtube.com . . .
www.youtube.com . . .
www.youtube.com . . .
www.youtube.com . . .

Hope this helps! Good luck!

ReplySendWatch