Forum: General / Computers - General

Computers - General
Firefox trouble
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:25 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2013-06-29 22:25:50

There was an update the other day and then this happened. If I click the down arrow to look at my most visited pages, the icons for those sites are there but it doesn't name the sites, it says random things. So in this pic it's facebook, but says google, the gmail one is correct, my libraries website, but says google maps... the peace sign is craigslist but says google translate etc).

I was trying to find a way to fix it. Should I reset ff?

2 Replies to Firefox trouble

re: Firefox trouble
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:53 AM
Some database has become corrupt. There's really no way to know what's causing it unless it happens repeatedly. But my advice in cases like this is always to scan your hard drive for errors. Just in case.
re: Firefox trouble
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Jun 30, 2013 09:21 PM
It's back to normal. I scanned with both avast and mcafee and they came up with nothing, so I restarted my computer and it stopped doing that. I won't question why it went back.

ReplySendWatch