Popular Irish

Teaching in Muskoka by bree_dancer
I am going to be opening a dance school in Muskoka with an opening date of September 2015. I am...

Forum: Twirling / Twirling

Twirling
Majorette Hair en>fr fr>en
By CaitlinSparkle Comments: 2, member since Mon Jul 01, 2013
On Tue Jul 02, 2013 04:15 PM

I'm a choreographer for high school majorettes and color guard. I normaaly would have them do a bun with a curly hair piece, but they aren't really interested in doing that anymore. I don't like twirling/ spinning with hair down (curly or straight).
Are there any hairstyles that are in or does anyone have any hair ideas?

2 Replies to Majorette Hair

re: Majorette Hair en>fr fr>en
By twirlgirlsbaton Comments: 97, member since Mon Jul 07, 2008
On Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:07 AM
If they don't like the bun, how about a french braid? That wouldn't swing around like a plain ponytail. Although as the coach, you should have the final say, and they should do what they are told to do. I can't imagine, as a coach, having the team think they are in charge of what looks nice or is appropriate. Personally, I think the curly hairpiece looks very dated, and you don't see twirlers using them as much anymore. A plain bun, with the front part of the hair fashioned either into a "pouf", or parted on the side and secured back by the bun, rather than pulled straight back, is a look you see more often now.
re: Majorette Hair en>fr fr>en
By TwirlSportJunkie Comments: 445, member since Wed Nov 13, 2002
On Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:01 PM
There are a ton of tutorials on u tube for french braids. I think it looks softer and not as severe. Little more glam too.

ReplySendWatch