Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 4 of 121 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
re: Soundwave Superior
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Mar 15, 2014 06:57 PM
Books Read So Far (2014):
1. Death of a Kingfisher
2. Death of Yesterday
3. The Hobbit
4. I am Pusheen the Cat
5. The Thin Executioner
6. Speaker for the Dead
7. Side Jobs
8. Bad Luck and Trouble
9. Xenocide
10. Nothing to Lose
11. The Chase
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Mar 15, 2014 09:48 PM
Working on a paper due tomorrow night. I don't like when teachers give vague prompts. I like to know exactly what to write about. Nothing I can do about it and I know they do this because it encourages us to think more in depth and independently about the subject. But I'm not sure if what I'm writing about is something that really fits the subject, but I already have two pages out of five, so I'm just going to go with it.

I just really wish that all of these papers were more evenly spaced out and not three in the same week.
On Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 PM
I applied for a promotion. It is not what I had been trying for before (working with teens), this one is working with children. The location is a great opportunity and I do have the right background for it. I do connect well with children, but my issue is I'm more on their level...don't really like having to be authoritative with them. But I think it would be different in a library than a dance studio. Their parents will be there to keep them in line. I would really have to practice reading out loud (in that really captivating and wondrous way that teachers and librarians and parents do, you know what mean? Making everything sound so exciting!) if I got the spot. It would be a full time supervisory position.

I have talked to my friend who had worked at this location and there are some definite downsides due to the transient population. He's told some pretty great (or terrible, depending on your view) stories about things that have happened there.
On Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 PM
I have a paper due tomorrow night at midnight. I just have no motivation right now, I wrote about 300 words so far out of 1500. I'm so distracted, we are moving in one week. We are down TWO people at work. I didn't realize that I had a paper due until a few days ago. Last week was spring break. I'm going to be working every Friday and Saturday for the next four weeks. The person I rotate them with is out. I have three Sundays in a row. I'll have one day off a week, except new week, I took vacation for the move. But that isn't really going to like having time off.
On Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:08 AM
1. Death of a Kingfisher
2. Death of Yesterday
3. The Hobbit
4. I am Pusheen the Cat
5. The Thin Executioner
6. Speaker for the Dead
7. Side Jobs
8. Bad Luck and Trouble
9. Xenocide
10. Nothing to Lose
11. The Chase
12. Children of the Mind
13. Death of a Policeman
re: Soundwave Superior (karma: 1)
On Sun Mar 30, 2014 05:32 PM
Well, good thing we are moving. Our kitchen sink broke and our ice machine in the freezer broke. Soon. Wednesday is the day we move.
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 05:55 PM
The new place is really nice. We got everything in alright. Still have a few boxes to unpack.

But I have to share this:
We left our cat in our empty house all alone, while we were unpacking the Uhaul. We came back to get the rest of the stuff that didn't fit and we could not find the cat. I knew that he was in the house when we left (he was lying behind a toilet). Well, we looked all over and could not find him. The laundry room door was open. We looked in there twice. There is a slight hole in the floor next to the water heater. We called his name and heard him meow. Then after a few seconds he crawled out of the hole. So, since we weren't ready to take him yet, we locked him in my room with the litter box and his food and water. When we came back to get him he was nowhere to be seen, at first. He was in the bathroom cabinet, on the middle shelf.

When we brought him to the new place we shut him on the bathroom with the litter box and food and water while we put up more stuff. We opened the door after a while, but he stayed in there for a few hours. Later he got out and hid under a bed. As of this morning he hadn't eaten any of his food or drank any of his water yet.
On Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:41 PM
I have an interview for that promotion next week. The only thing I am worried about is that I might have to read a children's book out loud at the interview.
On Wed Apr 09, 2014 06:49 AM
Went to a Kings of Leon concert last night. It was awesome. This morning is my interview. I talked to my friend yesterday and got some good tips.
On Fri Apr 18, 2014 01:17 PM
1. Death of a Kingfisher
2. Death of Yesterday
3. The Hobbit
4. I am Pusheen the Cat
5. The Thin Executioner
6. Speaker for the Dead
7. Side Jobs
8. Bad Luck and Trouble
9. Xenocide
10. Nothing to Lose
11. The Chase
12. Children of the Mind
13. Death of a Policeman
14. Enders Shadow
15. A Game of Thrones
On Sun Apr 20, 2014 09:01 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2014-04-20 21:10:15
Did not get that promotion. Probably for the best.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
On Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:36 PM
I don't know why it took me so long to read A Song of Ice and Fire. Probably because I was 6 when the first one came out. Reading A Clash of Kings and I LOVE it.

Supposed to have a 15 page paper due on May 7th. A group project due on May 7th (we still haven't decided on what we are doing). A 3K word paper due on the 4th, but we won't be given the prompt until the 1st.

Then as soon as all of that is over I have a few days before by summer class starts. Competitive Intelligence.
On Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 PM
Ugh. Co-worker made me cry at work. She's a manipulative bitch and a bully. She doesn't follow policy at all. I try to follow policy and to not cut corners with anything. There is a manual and I've read it more than once. I know what is what. She and I hold the same position, she has been there longer but that doesn't make her superior to me at all (and actually I know more about the circ module and policy than anyone in the branch save for the manger). We are supposed to be equals.

How dare she take materials away from me and tell me to not to do something by the book... IN FRONT OF A PATRON.

I went in the work room and cried. She apologized but it wasn't a real apology.

My mother told me that next time I should just say: "I'm sorry that I follow the rules." or "Well, it's on you if you get in trouble." or "Let me ask the manager because that is not what I was trained to do." Of course the manager is out so I could not do that one. The supervisor got her to apologize but there wasn't much she could do because this lady bullies her too.
On Fri Apr 25, 2014 05:58 PM
majere wrote:

Ugh. Co-worker made me cry at work. She's a manipulative bitch and a bully. She doesn't follow policy at all. I try to follow policy and to not cut corners with anything. There is a manual and I've read it more than once. I know what is what. She and I hold the same position, she has been there longer but that doesn't make her superior to me at all (and actually I know more about the circ module and policy than anyone in the branch save for the manger). We are supposed to be equals.

How dare she take materials away from me and tell me to not to do something by the book... IN FRONT OF A PATRON.

I went in the work room and cried. She apologized but it wasn't a real apology.

My mother told me that next time I should just say: "I'm sorry that I follow the rules." or "Well, it's on you if you get in trouble." or "Let me ask the manager because that is not what I was trained to do." Of course the manager is out so I could not do that one. The supervisor got her to apologize but there wasn't much she could do because this lady bullies her too.

I reported her to HR. I've seen her do this to other people too. and this isn't the first time shes bullied me, but the first time it was something big. I'm not going to take any of her crap. Today I talked to another co-worker about it and learned this is behavior has been going on for at least five years. I guess no one wanted to do anything about it?
re: Soundwave Superior (karma: 1)
On Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:21 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2014-04-28 00:48:52
I guess I have to thoroughly explain every single thing I post on here and indicate that I have understood every reply, and always indicate when I'm joking?

I've known for years that I don't come off the right way online. For that reason, I don't post very often. I start more posts than actually end up posting.

---
I got full points on a paper I thought I did terrible on. Whoo!
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6819, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Mon Apr 28, 2014 06:36 AM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2014-04-28 06:41:32 typo
majere wrote:

I've known for years that I don't come off the right way online. For that reason, I don't post very often. I start more posts than actually end up posting.

Sweetie, I always enjoy your posts. There is some kind of change in the wind here lately. Many people don't post as often as they used to and the tone has gotten a bit harsh. Maybe it's just me, but I too find I post less than I once did because if I'm not very careful in my choice of words, it is an invitation to some to hijack the intent of the post and focus on one poorly phrased thing or another. I'm just too old to defend my imperfections for hours on end.

Please keep posting. The post I think you are referencing was loaded with remarkably introspective wisdom. Better said... you are remarkable. It is a rare thing on these boards that someone your age can be as contrite and self aware as you were after other members kind of gave it to you with both fists. I don't think they meant to be as harsh as they sounded, either. There was lots of misunderstanding and I think it escalated needlessly. I thought it was nice of you to post annon, which gives other members free reign to really let go, yet you did identify yourself ...but it was unfair to bring up past posts unrelated to the problem you were discussing. I do not think it was fair to blame you for any other member's loss of reputation due to anything they posted....(and I don't think there was any actual loss of reputation, I for one still love that member) as I said... there was lots of misunderstanding, which seems to be part of the internet experience even on a good day.

Written communication is never as easy as face to face conversation where you can detect tone of voice, body language, or facial expressions. Sadly, we are all flawed.

I hate to give karma for "annon" posts because Guy Fawkes creeps me out.... but several of your posts were karma worthy. (I'll find a way to make it up to you.....) Hang in there. We all love you. And the posters who seemed kind of harsh are well loved too.... we humans have our ups and downs, I'm afraid.

xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Mon Apr 28, 2014 02:50 PM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2014-04-28 14:53:55
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2014-04-28 14:58:20
I'm sorry if I came across a bad way. I didn't mean to come off that way and I was just trying to offer you another perspective on why the lady was so mean. I posted under my real name because I didn't want you to feel attacked.

I really like you and what you post. I was just concerned because you said you got bullied in numerous places and the same thing happened to me. I just offered advice to look inwards because sometimes we give off the wrong "vibe" to others without noticing.

I don't come across very well at times either and I think I can across very harshly to you. Sorry about that.

I guess my point is that I enjoy your posts and I think I am have gotten a bit carried away because I was getting a bit frustrated and maybe it came across that I disliked you or something.

Sorry about that.
On Mon Apr 28, 2014 04:32 PM
Lauren, you were fine. :) I think I know you well enough to know how you intend something to come across.
On Thu May 01, 2014 12:10 AM
I don't know why I am awake right now...

I really need to re-organize my closet. When we unpacked I just hung everything up with no consideration of how to organize it. I usually organize by sleeve/pant length then by color. It's all haphazard right now.
On Thu May 01, 2014 11:17 PM
In the morning I will attempt to purchase tickets for the Thunder game on Saturday. If I succeed, I will have to write the majority of both papers tomorrow because I have plans to go see Spiderman Saturday morning and I have ballet tickets for Sunday. I have one page written of my 15 page paper that is due on Wednesday and nothing written of my 3k word paper that is due on Sunday (to be fair I just got the prompt today). I can't do my part of the group project until the other group members do theirs.
On Fri May 02, 2014 09:58 AM
No luck getting those Thunder tickets. Unless I want to pay 138$ for 36$ tickets - that is so unfair. I tried on the official site for 30 minutes.
On Fri May 02, 2014 11:42 PM
These papers are sucking the life out of me. Why am I such a procrastinator? I feel like my brain is plotting against me.

One I haven't started writing yet. I can't make up my mind if I want to write about the CIA or the FCC. Any opinions?
On Sun May 04, 2014 10:59 PM
So, at the ballet today, my brother and I were in our seats when a lady came up to our spot and asked if we were in the right seats. I said yes. She named the section and row and seat number. She said those were her seats. She showed me her ticket and I looked at mine and pointed out hers was for next week.

I did my paper on the CIA. I'm not sure I really wrote what he wanted us to write, but it was a very vague prompt.

One more paper and my group project. Both due on Wednesday. Then I have a few days before my summer class starts.
On Tue May 06, 2014 03:03 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2014-05-06 15:03:36
I broke my glasses again. This morning I woke up put on my glasses, rolled over to pick my phone up off of the window sill and totally hit my face on the wall. I was closer to the wall than I thought I was. I duct taped them back together. It just re-broke in the same spot as before. I've had these frames for 3 years. I just got new lenses after a year and then last year my prescription didn't change too much so I didn't bother and just got contacts.

I got a optometrist appointment on Monday. I was going to wait until I was down to my last pair of contacts (I have two pairs left). Insurance covers the exam. I get 35% off of the frames and 15% off contacts. This will be expensive.
On Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 AM
Nine pages out fifteen down. Due Wednesday night (today, technically) at 11pm. Wednesday is my late day at work and I'll need to put together the group project due the same time - I'm the designated turn-in person.

I really need to get the procrastination thing under control.
Page:
Page 4 of 121 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

ReplySendWatch