Forum: Advice / Guys Only

Guys Only
What type of male dance shoe is this?
By jsmith198328 Comments: 33, member since Thu Jul 04, 2013
On Fri Jul 12, 2013 09:23 PM

hello there. I'm trying find out what type of dance shoe this is.

This clip here is from the 80's show called "fame." I have downloaded all the episodes and i love show. The lead dancer on the show "Leroy" would always wear these cool dance shoes during his jazz dance sequences.

www.youtube.com . . .

they look like sneakers but as you can see they're not really sneakers. They're interesting i wish to own a pair. Does anyone here know where I can get a pair of these? or at least what type of shoes these are? do they not make them any more? are they extinct?

i founds some pics that resemble the shoe he seems to be wearing but i don't know anything about men dance shoes.

i01.i.aliimg.com . . .

1 Replies to What type of male dance shoe is this?

re: What type of male dance shoe is this?
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Jul 14, 2013 02:55 PM
That photo is a jazz boot. I can't tell from that video, but it does look like he's wearing sneakers. Personally, I don't remember dance sneakers until some time in the 90s. And those don't look like dance sneakers to me. They look like a suede upper with a tennis shoe tread? Weird. But it's hard to tell from that video.

ReplySendWatch