Forum: Arts / Movies & TV

Movies & TV
Cory Monteith has died.
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:37 AM

Foul play is not suspected per news reports. He got into drugs heavily as a teen but as an adult had tried to shake them. Show business co-workers praised his professionalism and work-ethic and worth as a human being. He was only 31.

Myself, I'll miss him singing and dancing on "Glee".

4 Replies to Cory Monteith has died.

re: Cory Monteith has died.
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 PM
He was an amazing performer. I didn't know that in real life he was dating his co-star on the show. I thought that was just for the show. I've read a lot about him recently since he's passed away. I didn't know he had a drug and alcohol problem and then relapsed. They are saying it was an accident. Someone had to supply him w/what he got. Maybe others were partying w/him? Why isn't anyone saying anything about that and arresting those people? I hope that they do. RIP Corey. You didn't deserve to die that young.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Aug 03, 2013 05:54 PM
No one's been arrested because, outside of selling him the heroin, there's no verifiable proof anyone did anything against the law. No one strapped him to a chair and forceably injected him with a lethal dose. He did that all on his own.

As much as I'm uncomfortable with the increased pitch of the memorials for someone who by all accounts was VERY sick, and had been for some time, it's a crying shame he had to go out like this. To hear Ryan Murphy tell the tale, all Corey wanted in the world was to get well and go back to work. Unfortunatly, his demons got to him before he got the chance. :(
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sat Aug 03, 2013 07:39 PM
I know that nobody put a gun to his head and forced him, but how do we know he did it himself? Can they prove that? Isn't selling Heroin against the law even in Canada? I'm just wondering if others didn't play a role in this or if he was all alone when he did this and the want for the drug was stronger then anything? Or if he was w/a bunch of people who partied w/him and got him to take it somehow? They aren't saying that and I'm guessing no one will ever know. I just think they should investigate further. I just hope that others don't follow suit because he was famous and it was a cool thing to do.
By EarlSweatshirt Comments: 1, member since Fri Dec 16, 2011
On Sun Aug 04, 2013 01:32 AM
Still sucks.

ReplySendWatch