Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance - General

Need help for modern solo!! Please Read!!!
By Makenzie414
On Mon Jul 15, 2013 07:24 PM

I have been doing a lyrical/modern solo at my studio since I was about 6. My one teacher Celeste (owner of the studio) always choreographed it. So, I thought she would choreograph it this year, as usual. A few days ago my other teacher Josh came up to me and told me that he really wanted to work with me on my new solo. I was really excited and told my mom about it, but she thinks I should do it with Celeste.

Josh is fresh out of college, and is a bit unpredictable, with not mush experience. He has done some phenomenal work in the past.

Celeste is something that I am used to, and she told me I could help choreograph it, but she is the same old teacher

I am so lost please help!!

Thank you :)

1 Replies to Need help for modern solo!! Please Read!!!

re: Need help for modern solo!! Please Read!!!
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 15, 2013 09:59 PM
Since Celeste knows you so well, is more experienced at creating choreography, and is more experienced at working with dancers to get that choreography created and produced, she might come up with the more appropriate and polished solo for you. On the other hand, part of your education is working with different choreographers and styles. So regardless of the sophistication of the solo, you might learn more from the experience of working with Josh regardless of how the final product turned out.

Ask your mother why she thinks it would be better to do the solo with Celeste rather than Josh. And ask Celeste what she thinks is best for you from the viewpoint of studio owner and teacher.

ReplySendWatch