Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competitions

Jazz - Competitions
Good song for a jazz duo?
By Tinydancersileno Comments: 29, member since Sun Jun 23, 2013
On Tue Jul 30, 2013 05:41 AM

My friend and I are doing are first jazz duo and get to pick the song. The problem is we don't have an idea. I love one direction but don't know of any of their songs would be good for a dance or if my teacher will allow it. Thanks so much ahead of time!!

3 Replies to Good song for a jazz duo?

re: Good song for a jazz duo?
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4773, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Wed Jul 31, 2013 08:21 AM
You want something that's not super popular or overused. It will make you stand out. I think we could help you pick a song if you answer these questions:

How old are you two?

What are your strengths? Are you good turners? Do you have a lot of personality on stage?

What kind of routine would you like to do: something upbeat, something dark, something girly, etc?

Have you already picked out a costume?
By Tinydancersileno Comments: 29, member since Sun Jun 23, 2013
On Thu Aug 01, 2013 06:04 AM
Thanks! We are 13. We where talking and think we want to dosomething diffrent for my studio. So one of the almost "chezzy" smile sweet yet sassy numebers. It may seem young but we are foing to make it look right for us. Also strenghts. We both arnt really good turns. Double and pencil turn. But she is really flexiblly. And I well can keep up to her for the most part with that and also I am pretty good with personality and things. Hope this is what you need trying to write quickly.
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4773, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Thu Aug 01, 2013 07:25 AM
So you want something kind of cheesy? But also sassy? Try one of these:

"Work Me Down" - Laura Hunter youtu.be . . .
"River Deep, Mountain High" - Glee's version youtu.be . . .
"We Got the Beat" - Glee's version youtu.be . . .
"Our Lips Are Sealed" - Hilary and Haylie Duff youtu.be . . .
"Jump (For My Love)" - cover by Girls Aloud youtu.be . . .
"Too Darn Hot" - Ella Fitzgerald (for something a little different) youtu.be . . .

ReplySendWatch