Forum: Ballet / Ballet Videos

Ballet Videos
my 1st video
By umbrellamanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 210, member since Thu Sep 16, 2004
On Thu Aug 01, 2013 03:35 AM
Edited by sashakirov (106536) on 2013-08-01 03:36:19

hi everybody

after being brave to post my pictures in the ballet member photo section, a video (it's not great as I am beginner)

feel free to critique,

ps. i started ballet recently, and i am 31 yrs old,

www.facebook.com . . .

Sal

5 Replies to my 1st video

re: my 1st video
By umbrellamanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 210, member since Thu Sep 16, 2004
On Tue Aug 06, 2013 01:02 AM
here is another recent video hope you like it

www.facebook.com . . .
By RosePremium member Comments: 9216, member since Sat Dec 30, 2006
On Tue Aug 06, 2013 02:39 AM
In your first video I see you really dance, well done! Some steps are a bit to difficult/hard for you right now. Save them till later, when you had more training.

In your second video you do steps that suits a beginner. Make sure you get the basics right. You will enjoy that with all advanced steps to come.
On Thu Aug 22, 2013 04:29 AM
Rose wrote:

In your first video I see you really dance, well done! Some steps are a bit to difficult/hard for you right now. Save them till later, when you had more training.

In your second video you do steps that suits a beginner. Make sure you get the basics right. You will enjoy that with all advanced steps to come.

Overall ?
As a new start what do you think ?
By pols Comments: 879, member since Thu Apr 26, 2007
On Sat Aug 24, 2013 06:42 PM
I think you're doing a great job. You clearly have a great love for ballet and that will help you to keep up the practising.

I agree that the first video has some steps you're not ready for yet. But in the second video I can see that you're properly focused on your technique.

Congratulations on your achievements thus far. I'm sure there will be many more to come!
By BarreStep Comments: 26, member since Thu Nov 29, 2012
On Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 PM
Edited by BarreStep (255308) on 2013-08-28 22:20:47
First I think its awesome you posted these videos. Second I am always in awe when people take up dance. Its a sad world because, it so fowned upon and for no real reason. Stereotypes ruin the world of dance, amongst other things.

Now for crtitque:
Its awesome that you are going through all of balletes movements.. but that is all I am getting from your performance. You need to focus more on the emotion behind each movement than on each physical representation of said movement.

All I see if "you acted out the parts" there is no feelings, no connection, no concentration or concern.
AS much as you have advanced, I feel you are seriously lacking this important part of dance, and almost want to cut the cords of insecurity or ignorance myself in order to view the breathtaking vibrant growth choking beneath it.

ReplySendWatch