Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

Pilates/Yoga
Ab burning warm up belt?????
By balanchinefreak Comments: 58, member since Wed Feb 06, 2013
On Sat Aug 03, 2013 08:45 PM

I've seen loads of dancers wearing ab wraps around their stomach for warming up! Does anyone know where I can get one?

3 Replies to Ab burning warm up belt?????

re: Ab burning warm up belt?????
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Aug 15, 2013 08:31 AM
I'm confused about what this has to do with Yoga or Pilates and as to why anyone would want to burn their abs when they warm up.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Thu Aug 15, 2013 08:49 AM
You can usually find these at any "Big Box" sporting goods store or in the sporting goods sections of Wal-Mart/Target etc.

They don't "burn" anything. They will cause localized sweating (they are made of neoprene) and may temporarily reducing some water under them, but nothing permanent. You still have to exercise.

They are sometimes useful for back support and I've used them per the suggestion of a physical therapist to alleviate some minor lower backaches or back stiffness. They won't really reduce your waist measurements aside from the compression when you actually are wearing one (but I hear spanx does the same thing :P. )

Jon
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:21 AM
I don't know if you are talking about a "fat burning" belt or if you're talking about a back support. I do have dancers that wear a thin back support / compressor over their lower back / abs, but that has nothing to do with burning anything or warming anything up.

Could you be more specific about what you're talking about?

ReplySendWatch