Forum: Arts / Movies & TV

Movies & TV
The Twelfth Doctor
By saaammiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 440, member since Thu Apr 01, 2010
On Sun Aug 04, 2013 09:40 AM
Edited by saaammie (221634) on 2013-08-04 09:41:41

I know there are loads of other Who-fans here, so let's hear it! Are you excited for tonight's big reveal?
Who do you think it'll be?
What do you think about a female Doctor or a PoC?

7 Replies to The Twelfth Doctor

re: The Twelfth Doctor
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Aug 04, 2013 01:28 PM
I don't care because Tom Baker was the one and only doctor IMHO.
By IvoryCiaramember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 267, member since Sat Nov 20, 2004
On Sun Aug 04, 2013 06:36 PM
Disappointed but totally unsurprised to see yet another white dude in the role. I honestly don't think there will ever be a female Doctor, although I think there's a small chance that we might see a male PoC take over the role if the show continues long enough. That said, I'm interested to see what Peter Capaldi does with the role and will definitely be watching.
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Aug 04, 2013 06:50 PM
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Aug 04, 2013 09:04 PM
I'm glad they picked some one older. They need to get away from prospective romance and go back to how it was.
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Aug 12, 2013 07:40 AM
I thought this was quite an interesting article, particularly the reactions of the people who've left comments at the bottom of the page, some of them are extreme to say the least.

uk.tv.yahoo.com . . .
By slice Comments: 1247, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Mon Aug 12, 2013 08:56 AM
hummingbird wrote:

I thought this was quite an interesting article, particularly the reactions of the people who've left comments at the bottom of the page, some of them are extreme to say the least.

uk.tv.yahoo.com . . .

Sometimes I think the comments left on articles these days says more about our culture than the actual articles themselves...
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Wed Sep 18, 2013 08:39 PM
Take a look at Capaldi's prior acting. And if you don't want to find that-- just watch the Pompeii episode from Season 4. (Yeah, he was totally in a Who episode before this.)

I think he'll do an AMAZING job. The 9th Doctor had just come out of the time war, he was goofy-- but definitely jaded and a lot more BA. 10 was in love, and it showed... and it showed when he lost her. 11 got to start over entirely... and he followed Amy through her life... and losing her-- he's started to lose himself. I think Capaldi will perfectly show how the doctor is feeling now that he's gone to Trenzalore... and how he feels about the losses he's faced not only in the reboot-- but in the original series as well.

...but I'm not happy he's keeping the Scottish accent.

ReplySendWatch