Forum: Highland / Highland Photos - Misc

Highland Photos - Misc
Victorian Scottish Union Full Dress
By pogo Comments: 29, member since Sat Apr 03, 2010
On Wed Aug 21, 2013 05:51 AM

I don't usually post, but thought members might like to see the Dress Reverse Raspberry MacKellar as a full kilt as worn by us in Victoria Australia. We are officiated with SOHDA.

6 Replies to Victorian Scottish Union Full Dress

re: Victorian Scottish Union Full Dress
By kinsidhe Comments: 248, member since Fri May 14, 2010
On Wed Aug 21, 2013 06:28 AM
Just love it! Thanks for posting I am always wishing there were more pictures and videos from that part of the world. I love seeing the differences. Do you have a picture of the back of the outfit? If I could I'd wear it in a heartbeat!I love that the pom is made to match. Is that typical? It's a nice touch.
By Star77member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2018, member since Fri Jul 23, 2004
On Wed Aug 21, 2013 03:48 PM
Gorgeous! I saw a blue version of this tartan at a competition a few weeks ago and loved it! I wasn't so sure when I saw the pictures of the swatches on TartanTown's website... but seeing it made up into a kilt changed my mind.
By pogo Comments: 29, member since Sat Apr 03, 2010
On Wed Aug 21, 2013 03:55 PM
Thanks....we weren't sure about the colour either but made up it is even more stunning in real life. We do tend to make our pompon to match but it is not compulsory. We can wear the original red one that comes with the balmoral. I'll see if I have a photo of the bak as well.
By batd_teacherPremium member Comments: 2551, member since Mon Feb 23, 2004
On Wed Aug 21, 2013 05:20 PM
Our performance gear when I was a girl was the same, but wearing the loud McLeod. Comp gear was per SOBHD standard. Lovely outfit!
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1345, member since Tue Dec 17, 2002
On Thu Aug 22, 2013 09:23 PM
Wow! That is gorgeous.
By LiveLoveDance42 Comments: 11, member since Sun Sep 15, 2013
On Sun Sep 22, 2013 08:09 AM
Wow I love love LOVE that tartan!!! It's soo pretty!

ReplySendWatch