Does your studio allow teachers to have tattoos or body piercings visible to students?
By kaylahpearl
On 08/27/2013 12:37:19
I do not have an employee handbook as of yet, but have tossed around the idea. Thanks everyone for responding.
re: Does your studio allow teachers to have tattoos or body piercings visible to students?
By cabrioleenhaute
On 08/27/2013 13:06:02
When my husband died I put the words "dancing through life" on my neck as his foundation was called LIFE and I have a dancer behind my ear, no one really knows I have it. I also have a white tattoo with the infinity knot and the words "let it be" on my wrist. All with major meaning. I have only had parents comment how cool they are. Nothing else. I don't see the problem as long as its not bad...
re: Does your studio allow teachers to have tattoos or body piercings visible to students?
By dancerxiv
On 08/27/2013 14:45:49
I have a sparrow on my foot and my other main instructor has dance written on her foot and palm trees on her side. A previous instructor had multiple tattoos, we live in a pretty conservative area and no one had a problem with it so we never had to make any adjustments to cover anything.
By bbdc
On 08/27/2013 16:56:24
I have a dancer on my ankle, and a large one on the bottom of my back...both of my instructors have visible tattoos. I have my tongue pierced...one of the other girls has a tiny nose ring. I think it is fine. I also am always changing my hair...sometimes it has pink tips sometimes its blue underneath.... I have only had one parent outright say she didnt want her daughter around that...she didnt stay. Probably better that way. I am an artist and I like to express myself...I dont put restrictions on my staff. Its totally up to you...its not a big deal to me but I live in a fairly big town :)
By BE_dancestudios
On 08/27/2013 19:44:35
I forget I have a tattoo until I wear a raceback top and all of my students remind me that its there lol! They are usually amazed that I of all people in the world have a tattoo. Tattoos are pretty standard now a days.
By buckeye2
On 08/28/2013 09:06:07
I have pierced ears, but that's it. Just one hole in each ear. I know, I really live on the edge. Lol! A few staff members have tattoos. They aren't offensive so I don't make them cover them up for teaching.
By hummingbird
On 08/28/2013 21:41:35
One of our teachers has the date her brother died and his name tattooed on her neck, I think I'd be quite offended for her if she was asked to cover it up. My own daughter, who is also a dance teacher has a nose piercing, she just wears a small ring, like a sleeper, it's nothing huge. Neither of these instructors has their teaching ability impeded by their tattoos/piercings, neither of them is anything offensive like a nazi flag pictured and I've never heard any parents complain about them, either directly or indirectly.
By JetQueen
On 08/31/2013 08:15:42
No, we ask the instructors to keep things under wraps. We are a ballroom dance studio with a very conservative clientele so the staff totally understands:)
By pasdebourretendu
On 01/12/2014 23:22:35
While I have recently had instructors with tattoos and piercings that showed they taught older kids. I did fire a girl my first year for going outside, taking out her spacers, putting hoops in her eyebrows and lips and coming back in after being asked to wear spacers. She was also teaching 3-5 year olds not teenagers and since she already agreed to it I felt the conservative parents (here in the bible belt) would remove their children from that class.
By NoCheesyHandles
On 10/19/2019 14:18:49
There are way too many other things to worry about. Character comes in all kinds of color.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/28/2022 05:01:41