Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Page:
Page 11 of 151 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
re: What's for dinner tonight?
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sun Jan 12, 2014 02:54 PM
I changed the recipe for tonight. Hasselback potatoes, pork chops and carrots. Sounds good to me.
On Mon Jan 13, 2014 07:55 PM
We had shake and bake pork chops last night. I went on-line to find a shake and bake recipe and I got one. We also had Hasselback potatoes and carrots. The pork chops were terrible! I wanted then to be baked and crispy and moist. The crust was soggy and stuck to the pan. The pork chops were dry. I was so upset! I love Hasselback Potatoes but they never quite look like the photo. They were good!

Tonight we cleaned up some leftovers again. Dad and mom had sweet potatoes (the kind with marshmallows). Dad had some of the chicken noodle soup casserole that has sausage, and the hash brown casserole with kielbasa & ham. I had both along with a chicken cup which is chicken, eggs, noodles, evaporated milk and mixed veggies made in a muffin tin. We froze the rest of the chicken cups. Mom also had the chicken noodle soup casserole with some baked beans. The only thing left is the chicken noodle soup casserole.

Tomorrow I am going to make an Italian Veggie soup I think. We have to buy a few things for it but I've made it before and it was so good! I can't wait to make it and if anyone would like the recipe, just ask. You will love it.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Jan 13, 2014 08:25 PM
I made what was basically fried rice with egg and stir-fry veg, except with some fancy fair-trade organic quinoa instead of rice because we're yuppies like that. And boyfriend got chicken in his.
On Tue Jan 14, 2014 09:12 PM
Tonight I made Italian Chowder. It rained all day and it was chilly and damp so a bowl of soup was just what we needed. It was so good! My sister got to try my chicken noodle soup casserole and she liked that too. We gave her some soup to take home and the rest is in a plastic container. Yum, more for us!
On Wed Jan 15, 2014 08:18 PM
Tonight we had hamburgs and dad actually had one! To the hamburg I added an egg, some light cream, some Kraft Fresh Take bacon and cheese that you can use as a coating on chicken or mix in hamburg, a few handfuls of a package of stuffing that we have that is opened, S&P, and some crispy onion strands. Mixed it all together along with a small pat of melted butter and boy, were those hamburgs moist and juicy! Everyone wanted cheese on top so I did that too. We had 2 bags of fries that only had small amounts left in them so we baked both of them and got rid of 2 bags. For a veggie we had some of my Dragon Tongue Beans that I froze from my garden last year. I put them in a frying pan with some butter and breadcrumbs and a cover but mom & dad said they were a little tough. I liked them.
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:37 PM
Yesterday was roast beef, roasted potatoes and green beans.

Today was a roasted chicken with basmati rice and asparagus.

I also turned the left over roast beef into a beef and vegetable soup that's going straight to the freezer in individual servings for future lunches and made apple oat muffins with coconut and walnuts.
re: What's for dinner tonight? (karma: 1)
On Thu Jan 16, 2014 07:46 PM
Tonight we were supposed to have scallops. Mom puts butter and breadcrumbs on them and bakes them in the oven. They were the tiny scallops because they weren't as expensive as the big ones. Seafood is so darned expensive where I live! My sister was coming for supper, but she didn't stay for supper so we froze them until the weekend. I can't wait to eat them.

We had must-go again. Mom had to go to the doctor and have something removed that they are going to send out to a lab to see if it is cancerous or not. Say a prayer for her please. She said we had enough stuff to eat must-go since we weren't having the scallops. I had some Italian Wedding Soup that my sister made and a small Hamburg. My mom had some chinese veggie soup and some wedding soup too. They were both small amounts. Dad was cold so he had some of my Italian Chowder, a big bowl! Yeah! He's not eating much so it was good that he ate all that. Him and mom each had a piece of blueberry toast and some Christmas cookies that we still have too. I am so glad that my dad is eating so good.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Fri Jan 17, 2014 01:39 AM
Take-away, of a yet-to be determined sort.

After a record-breaking week of high temperatures, it's just too hot in the house to cook.
On Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:48 PM
To hot in the house to cook? You live in Australia, correct? You said take away or I would have thought somewhere in the states, although I don't know where it's very hot anywhere in the states. We are freezing in CT and it is supposed to get colder!

Tonight for supper we had something really yummy! So yummy that dad said he wants to have it tomorrow night again! We have plenty of leftovers. That's unusual for him to say that so it had to be good. It's called Cheesy Baked Spaghetti. It has spaghetti, onions, diced peppers, butter, diced canned tomatoes, celery (we have a lot so I added it even though it's not in the recipe), sliced green olives, oregano, ground beef (I used ground turkey since we had 3 packages of it), shredded cheese, cream of mushroom soup and grated parm cheese. It's very filling and even though the cream of mushroom soup is not so healthy for you, all those veggies make up for it.
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:06 AM
Yesterday was chicken pot pie with a sweet potato biscuit top and shortbread thumbprint cookies filled with an awesome raspberry, disaronno and vanilla bean jam I made this summer....and a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip for the freezer.

Because my freezer is completely full and I'm now out of lunch containers I made not freezer friendly and very few leftover leaving soft tacos tonight.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sat Jan 18, 2014 02:40 AM
SoloJazzDancer wrote:

To hot in the house to cook? You live in Australia, correct? You said take away or I would have thought somewhere in the states, although I don't know where it's very hot anywhere in the states. We are freezing in CT and it is supposed to get colder!

Yup, Australia, where we've had a record-breaking week with temperatures over 41C (105F), and our poorly-insulated house doesn't have aircon. WAY too hot to cook. Salads wilted as they were being made. So it was take-away burgers instead.

Tonight was much cooler (hooray cool change, although would it kill you to bring a little rain, too?), so we had lamb with caramelised onions, potatoes and butternut pumpkin. And home-made passionfruit yoghurt for dessert.
On Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:11 PM
I read about how the tennis tournament had record heat in OZ which is why I thought that's where you were from. We had heat like that last summer. I don't like lamb. I had it once and was not a fan. Maybe it's because of the person who cooked it?

Tonight we had chicken mom and I. I tried to make it moist and juicy and I think I managed it even though I think we are having trouble with our oven. I think it's off temperature wise. I made some rosemary roasted potatoes but because we didn't have any rosemary, a substitute was oregano. They were very good. We also had frozen peas with it. Dad had more of that casserole we had last night.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Sun Jan 19, 2014 07:59 AM
tonight was fried rice and mock meat honey chicken from the take-out joint down the road.

Tomorrow its fajita strips with brown rice for me.
On Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 AM
Tonight we are having scallops with those rosemary/we used oregano because of no rosemary potatoes & maybe peas for a veggie. I haven't decided on the veggies totally yet.
On Tue Jan 21, 2014 07:34 PM
Tonight we had a stir fry recipe that I got on-line last night. It was a little dry though but it was good. Everyone liked it. However, it started with us having a fire! There was no damage thank the Lord but it was scary. We were playing Wii Frisbee Dog and I put the burner on under the wok (we have an electric stove) so I could brown the ground turkey. I went back to the game and was waiting for the wok to heat up when the oil in the wok caught fire! I grabbed the wok cover and put it over the wok and the fire went out. We didn't need to call the fire dept. and we found out the smoke alarm works. We opened the windows (it's snowing and it's below 10 degrees) and the front door and then the living room window to get the smell out. We used the wok after we cleaned it out. Talk about an exciting dinner.
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Tue Jan 21, 2014 07:53 PM
Last night was shepherd's pie. Tonight it was Chicken & Sausage Al Forno (tortellini with chopped up chicken breasts and sausage, in a marinara sauce with melted cheese). It was a good night for it, after a drive home from the office over icy roads.
On Tue Jan 21, 2014 08:52 PM
Tansey, your supper sounds good! I would love to make that. Do you have a recipe?
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 PM
SoloJazzDancer wrote:

Tansey, your supper sounds good! I would love to make that. Do you have a recipe?

Here you go. The only difference is I make it with those small cheese tortellini. www.food.com . . .
Enjoy!
On Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:42 PM
Oh my gosh! I have to make this! Thank you for the recipe!
On Wed Jan 22, 2014 08:18 PM
Tonight and today it was really, really, cold. Think Poler Vortex cold. Not much above 0 and now it is below 0. Perfect day for soup. I made Barley Soup from a mix. Everything is in the mix but if you want to add more veggies or meat, you can. I added celery as we had plenty and some cubes of ham. It was so filling! The company is from NY State and the web site is awesomespecialty.com With the cold, the really warm soup tasted really good! We also also had sundried tomato and basil wrap sandwiches. I put them in the microwave just to melt the cheese and warm the sandwiches. I can't believe I ate a whole bowl of soup and half a wrap sandwich! The wraps are so big I cut them in half. I am so glad that I am not a homeless person.
By Naivohwmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1719, member since Mon Nov 17, 2003
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 01:41 AM
Okay, it sounds really weird but I made Dill Pickle Soup tonight. If you like dill pickles it's really good. It has a sour taste, but in a good way. Here is the recipe: noblepig.com . . . I added a packet of pre-cooked bacon crumbles for a little protein, but I think cubed ham would be good as well.
On Sat Jan 25, 2014 07:05 AM
Last night we had mustgo again. There are only 3 of us living at home and dad isn't a big eater. He never was but now because of his depression, he eats even less. I've never been a big eater but that's always been me (I know when I'm full and don't eat anymore) and mom is a bigger eater then all of us but she's putting on weight so she tries not to eat much. When we cook, it seems even if I half the recipe, which I seem to be doing a lot, we still have a lot left over. Dad, mom and I had leftover scallops. They are all gone. I had some leftover mashed 'taters and they are gone. Dad had some of that casserole with the pasta and ground turkey or beef I can't remember which it was and the olives and veggies. If I eat it for lunch today that will be all gone. Mom and I also had some stir fry that I made the other night.
On Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:33 AM
Yesterday, which was Sat. we had Sloppy Janes, which are made with Grands Biscuits, Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce, ground turkey & cheese. You flatten out the biscuits, spoon in the filling, top with cheese, and fold over the biscuits. Use a fork to crimp the biscuits so nothing leaks out, then brush the top with beaten egg and add some sesame seeds to the top. They were good and not messy like sloppy Joe's used to be. The Joe's are made with ground beef. Dad and I ate 1. Mom had 1 1/2. I'd make them again (there are 8 biscuits in the pack so there were enough for all 3 of us to have more then seconds) but change up the fillings. After all, why couldn't you make it like a chicken pot pie or mac & cheese or pulled pork?
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Mon Jan 27, 2014 03:57 AM
Last night was soba noodles in miso soup with shallots.

Tonight its grilled soy fillets with spicy shiraz sauce and gluten free mac n cheese with cracked pepper.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Jan 27, 2014 08:32 AM
Went out for a belated Christmas/birthday dinner with a friend last night. We had tuna poke and fish tacos, a peanut-chocolate mousse, flights of craft beer and Lagavulin smoked cocktails. I still feel full (and possibly tipsy) this morning. Eek.
Page:
Page 11 of 151 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

ReplySendWatch