Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Page:
Page 12 of 151 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
re: What's for dinner tonight?
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Mon Jan 27, 2014 08:43 AM
Last night I made some yummy stuffed peppers. I hate green peppers! I think they are bitter. We have some shelves in our supermarket for the stuff that is starting to go in the veggie dept. They had 3 stuffed peppers in a package and they looked really good. They were at a good price. What you do with this recipe is you steam the peppers in the microwave and you make the filling in a frying pan. It was sausage, some chicken broth but we didn't have any so we used beef, diced fresh tomatoes but at this time of year we used canned, rice (we had leftover rice pilaf) basil and smokey cheese. I took out the wrong cheese as we had the smokey one but it was still good. Some went into the mixture and some went on top. Throw it under the broiler to melt the cheese and it's done! It was so good! None of us finished ours so we have some yummy leftovers.

Tonight will probably be must-go. My sister is coming over and we seem to have enough left over for all of us to eat something.
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 PM
Spinach and crab manicotti with swiss cheese and dill.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:32 PM
Couscous with sultanas, cranberries, grated apple, nuts, and natural yoghurt.

Yum!
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:13 AM
Chicken, black bean and corn enchiladas.
On Thu Jan 30, 2014 06:22 AM
Edited by SoloJazzDancer (98263) on 2014-01-30 06:23:06 I forgot to add something.
Last night we had a herb crusted and panko breadcrumb crusted pork roast. I couldn't find the panko breadcrumbs and I know we bought them so I had to use regular Italian breadcrumbs. I think our oven is on the fritz. I know you can have pink pork and it's okay but this looked raw! The thermometer in the pork said it was the right temperature also so I don't know what the problem is. We had Cowboy Mashed 'Taters and mom & dad had some yellow squash too. We are going to have to check the temperature of our stove with an oven thermometer and check all of our meat thermometers too. We just nuked a few of the really pinker pieces. Everyone liked it. That recipe is a keeper.

I don't know what we are having tonight.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:26 AM
Last night I made pizza- whole wheat crust with artichoke hearts, mushroom, peppers, and sirloin. And I made some focaccia bread with the extra dough I ended up with.
On Fri Jan 31, 2014 08:30 PM
Last night my dad had some left over soup. My nephew came over because my mom & his mom go knitting together. I cook for him, which he loves. He had some of that pork roast but I really had to nuke it. It was really pink. He had some cowboy mashed 'taters and part of a Sloppy Jane. I had some of the roast and 'taters too.

Every Fri. at our Super Stop and Shop they have 2 rotisserie chickens for $10. One Fri. we went down and got 2 chickens and froze one. We ate part of it tonight. We also had cowboy mashed 'taters. Mom & dad also had some of their stuffed peppers that were left over. I had mine for lunch.
On Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 PM
Country style pork ribs with basmati rice and asparagus.
On Sat Feb 01, 2014 06:47 AM
Tonight at around 6 I am going down to our local theater to help out my sister. She is doing the follow spot for Evita and setting up her booth and selling her purses & other things that have her photography on them. When she has to do the follow spot, I stay behind the booth and continue to sell her stuff. Then I get to see the play for free. I hope it's good. We will probably have left overs or must-go because we have quite a bit of stuff to eat like the chicken from last night, sloppy jane's, pork roast, cowboy mashed 'taters, squash, a little soup, and I can't remember what else. I doubt I will cook tonight. Maybe tomorrow?
By MovinTooFastPremium member Comments: 1344, member since Mon Aug 22, 2005
On Sat Feb 01, 2014 09:50 AM
^ do you happen to have a recipe for those sloppy joes? They sound delicious and I'd love to try them!
On Sat Feb 01, 2014 09:30 PM
I'll send that Sloppy Joe's or Janes as these were called for you.

Tonight we had must-go again. I had chicken and cowboy mashed 'taters. My sister had some of the pork roast and cowboy mashed 'taters and something else but I don't remember what it was. We left before mom and dad ate so I don't know what they ate.

Grands Unsloppy Janes

Ingredients
lb lean (at least 93%) ground turkey
can (15.5 oz) Manwich® sloppy joe sauce
can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits
1/2
cup shredded Cheddar cheese
egg, beaten
Sesame seed
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook turkey over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sauce; simmer 5 minutes.
2 Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 6-inch round. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture and about 1 tablespoon cheese onto center of each round. Fold dough in half over filling; press with fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Brush tops with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
3 Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Sat Feb 01, 2014 09:43 PM
I made Baja-style fish tacos tonight like the ones you get for 99 cents in Southern California. I bought Mexican crema and masa de maíz as well as some chilis and battered and fried the fish for the boyfriend. You can't go out and get street tacos where we live so it was a fun change of pace.
On Sun Feb 02, 2014 07:26 PM
Tonight, since it is Super Bowl Sun. we decided to have pizza. Pizza Hut had a deal with their stuffed crust pizza for $12 so we bought one. I had one slice and was still kind of hungry as I didn't have a lot of lunch. My sister had 3 pieces! My mom and dad each had one. I decided to have the second piece and only ate half. Now I feel sleepy and bloated. I should have only had one piece. I love the stuffed crust though. I know it's bad for you but it's not like we have it all the time. We have a piece and a half left over.
By seannettaPremium member Comments: 2312, member since Fri Jul 28, 2006
On Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:31 AM
I've been continuing to experiment with an Israeli cookbook I got for Christmas. Today it's a pasta with a yogurt, garlic and green pea sauce, and sprinkled on top are green peas, basil, crumbled feta cheese, and pine nuts that have been toasted in oil and chili flakes.
On Mon Feb 03, 2014 04:28 PM
Tonight I made a meatloaf. Here is what I used. We had one ground turkey patty left so I mixed it in with a lb. of ground beef. I added an egg, a bread crumb mix that I had left over, some Wow Awesome spices which is a blend of 21 herbs and spices, some sauteed diced carrots, celery, and red peppers, and 2 garlic cloves that I put through a press and some beef broth since we are almost out of milk. It smells yummy! Oh yeah, I added some powdered Cabot cheese that I bought at The Big E to the mix. On top we are going to have sausage gravy with some mushrooms in it. The rest of the Cowboy Mashed 'taters and my dad is having the rest of the yellow squash as there is only enough for one.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Mon Feb 03, 2014 09:36 PM
Tonight is lentil curry pies.

Using leftovers from last nights coconut, spinach and tomato lentil curry.
On Mon Feb 03, 2014 09:46 PM
My meatloaf was very moist and juicy. I have to write down what I did so I can make it again just that way. The sausage gravy (it was in a can from Libby's) was also very good on the meatloaf. Guess this recipe I invented is a keeper!
On Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 PM
Tonight we had Mac and Cheese soup. It had elbow macaroni but the one I bought had carrots and squash in it, frozen mixed veggies, diced celery and onions, cheese and milk to make a sauce and some chicken broth. It was yummy and very filling. Dad and I had half of a half of the last Sloppy Jane with ours. Mom had a piece of Pizza Hut's stuffed 3 cheese crust pizza with sausage and mushrooms on it.
On Wed Feb 05, 2014 08:10 PM
We had must-go again. There are only 3 of us in the family and dad doesn't eat much and eats such a late breakfast (2 in the afternoon today.) He sleeps really late and he's 90 so we let him. I'm not a big eater either but I eat more then dad and have 3 meals a day. So when I cook, we usually have a lot of leftovers.

Dad ate the rest of the Sloppy Jane filling, some mac and cheese soup and some of his stuffed pepper. Mom had some rotiss chicken, some stuffed pepper filling and some frozen corn. I made some cubed potatoes sauted in butter, with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and some rosemary that I had with some rotiss chicken, and some frozen corn. We still have some stuffed pepper filling left over and I'll have the rest for lunch tomorrow.
On Thu Feb 06, 2014 09:12 AM
I made fresh spinach pasta last night. Boyfriend had it with bacon, shrimp, tons of bell peppers, fresh tomato, basil, and a light white wine sauce. I skipped the bacon and sauce and tossed it with a bit of balsamic vinegar, which is the greatest condiment of all time.
On Thu Feb 06, 2014 09:59 PM
Tonight we all had potatoes and hotdogs. All it really is is cubed, browned, potatoes, hotdogs, and scrambled eggs. Whatever else you add is up to you. My parents had salt, pepper, rosemary, Celestial Sky seasoning, yellow and orange diced peppers, and dice onions and grated parm cheese. I like mine more plain and I don't know why because I love a lot of what was in my parents but not in this recipe. Mine was smokey salt, pepper, and hotdogs with cheese in them. Usually I like bacon in this recipe too but I didn't go get any and chop it up.
On Fri Feb 07, 2014 09:50 PM
Tonight I went to Evita and helped my sister sell her handmade jewelry, and her photos on cosmetic cases and pillow forms and necklaces and the shawls and ruana's that she buys. I didn't cook anything for any of us. I ate some more of my Mac & Cheese soup and made one of those tiny grilled cheese sandwiches with hot ham on it. Yummy! I left for the play so I don't know what everyone else ate.
On Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:02 PM
On Sun. we got Chinese food. My mother was due to have some minor surgery on Mon. and she was afraid the pasta we were going to have would give her heartburn. Mon. we ate leftovers. Mom wasn't really hungry. Last night we had something that I know you guys will say you hate but it was Hamburger Helper Taco with corn chip & cheese topping. The corn chips tasted really stale. I don't think i'd buy that one again. Tonight we had Chinese food. Mom had me take out some shrimp we bought that was frozen on those re-sealable bags. We added it to the Chinese veggies with brown sauce and sliced beef. Dad had the rest of the meatloaf and egg fu young and I had part of a Chinese fried chicken wing. Mom had Low Mein with hers. I wasn't very hungry so what I had I didn't even finish. Mom ate my leftover shrimp saying they aren't so good when you re-heat them. She's right. Tomorrow is a huge snowstorm so I have no idea what I will make.
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 PM
I keep neglecting this thread! I do eat every night, promise.

Tonight it was chili. It's probably our last really cold spell of the winter (yay!!) so, we marked it with what is likely to be the last pot of chili for a while. Spring is near!

kk~
On Fri Feb 14, 2014 08:34 PM
We had 13" of snow yesterday and then another 5" so today there was no school. We didn't go anywhere. I made a Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie. The filling was very good but the crust, which was in the fridge because it had to be refrigerated, was outdated. It was terrible! I had to throw it out. It was on top of the pie and not on the bottom. Mom said it was good but it wasn't. I think she's loosing her sense of smell and taste. Also, our oven is off on the temps so the crust burned. I'd make it again for sure.
Page:
Page 12 of 151 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

ReplySendWatch