Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Page:
Page 13 of 151 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
re: What's for dinner tonight?
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:45 PM
Went out for VD. Splurged on coconut shrimp.

kk~
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Sat Feb 15, 2014 06:11 PM
Chicken pot pie, made with rotisserie chicken, potatoes, carrots, peas and pearl onions. So good on this snowy night! We're expecting 12 - 18" in our area. I think this is about the 5th snowstorm this month. Come on, Spring!
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sat Feb 15, 2014 07:37 PM
I hear you, Tansy. We had more snow today too and Spring can't come soon enough. I think everyone is tried of winter. We are supposed to have more on Tues. and then, although it's to far ahead to say for sure yet, on Fri. it's supposed to be 50!

Tonight we had ham slices sauteed in butter, leftover mashed potatoes, leftover mixed veggies, leftover baked beans, leftover warmed up chick peas with grated parm cheese and diced bacon. Mom had a little bit of everything and half a piece of ham. Dad had just the mashed potatoes & mixed veggies plus half a piece of ham that he didn't eat all of. I had everything but the baked beans & half a piece of ham.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Sat Feb 15, 2014 07:47 PM
My severely peanut-allergic boyfriend is away this weekend, so I just gorged on pad Thai with our roomie. Mmmmmmm.
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Sun Feb 16, 2014 06:16 PM
Scrambled eggs with onions, garlic, tomatoes, green peppers, spinach, and colby jack cheese with wheat toast. And "baked" apple (in the microwave) with cinnamon for dessert. Good comfort food :)
On Sun Feb 16, 2014 07:27 PM
Tonight we had pasta. Ziti with sauce to be exact. I am a preschool teacher, a sub, and a lot of the times we have plenty of leftover food. If I don't bring it home, it goes in the garbage. This was one of those times. We also had meatballs and sausages and some ricotta cheese that my mom fixed for the top of the pasta. We needed more sauce and we had a bottle of Paul Newman's Marinara sauce for it. It was pretty good. Now everyone is complaining of heartburn!
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 05:22 PM
Whole wheat penne with veggies and tofu sauteed with balsamic. Yum.
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 07:51 PM
Tonight we had leftovers. Dad had some chili, egg fu young, and potatoes and hot dogs. He left some of the potatos and hot dogs. Mom also had potatoes and hot dogs, baked beans which she finished and some mexican Taco with corn chips Hamburger Helper. I had some ham which is now finished, some mixed veggies which are now finished, and I cubed up some potatoes and browned them in butter, rosemary, garlic powder, and Yakima Smoked Salt. It's almost like a buffet when you eat like this.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 08:42 PM
We're gross and had donair. So good, so bad.
On Mon Feb 17, 2014 08:51 PM
What is donair? I've never heard of it.
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Tue Feb 18, 2014 02:27 AM
^ Doner kebabs. They're basically delicious. It's like a burrito, but it's middle eastern and the meat is spit roasted. However you can have them in wrap form or in a bread or in this pocket looking bread thing. It's just really nice. Common form is the wrap though.

Tonight I had mum's recipe for udon noodle soup with some fresh kingfish sashimi. Yummy!
On Tue Feb 18, 2014 08:13 PM
I think I have seen that on Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives, I just didn't remember what it was called. Thanks for letting me know what it was.

Tonight we had leftovers again. Dad had the rest of the potatoes and hotdogs which he didn't finish and the rest of the egg foo young which he did finish. I had the rest of the low mein and it's all gone. Mom had some chili which she mixed with some sausage gumbo canned soup. She didn't eat it all either. I guess I was the only one who ate everything!
On Tue Feb 18, 2014 08:30 PM
It's not exactly the same as doner kebab though...it's a specifically eastern Canadian version with beef and sweet sauce. And delicious.

I made steak fajitas for boyfriend and I had potato leek soup tonight.
On Fri Feb 21, 2014 08:21 PM
We've been eating very well lately. On Wed. I made the juiciest burgers ever! An egg, some milk, some salt and pepper and garlic powder. We steamed them with a cover and put cheese on top. We had some frozen crispy potatoes and frozen corn.

Last night my nephew came over so I took out of the freezer some of that chicken noodle casserole. He loves it and he also had a piece of baked chicken. Later on when he went in the fridge to get something to eat, he saw some hot dogs and bacon and asked if he could have some so he also had a hot dog and 2 strips of bacon. Dad some of the chicken noodle casserole and some mexican hamburger helper. Mom went knitting over someone's house with my sister.

Tonight I made a casserole with pasta, bacon, cheese, cream of chicken soup and chicken. We didn't have any cream of chicken soup but we had some frozen chicken gravy that had mushrooms and chicken in it. It wasn't enough for the casserole once I put it in so I made a roux and added some chicken broth that got very thick and sauce like and it was great in the casserole. It needed some veggies so I added some frozen peas and carrots. Everyone loved it! Now we have a ton of food so we will have to freeze some of it.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sat Feb 22, 2014 01:12 AM
Slow-cooked roast beef and vegetables, with brown onion gravy. Finally christenend the slow cooker I got for Christmas! :D
On Sat Feb 22, 2014 06:33 AM
Hey, Caffeine, good on you for using your slow cooker. Your recipe sounds amazing! Do they sell slow cooker liners where you live? They are a life saver! The inside of a slow cooker is so hard to clean because it's so heavy, at least mine is. In fact, my dad was cleaning the liner on the one we had before the one we have now (and it didn't snow 12"! LOL) and he dropped it and it broke. Since we bought the first one in the 70's, there was no way to replace the liner if you even can. We had to get a whole new slow cooker and except for a broken liner, it worked perfectly. Now we use those slow cooker liners and we don't have that problem anymore. God bless whoever invented those.

Forgot to mention that I melted 1 TBSP. of butter to add to my burgers to also make them moist. If dad eats them and says they are moist, then they must be.
On Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 PM
Tonight we had soup. It's still pretty cold out and we are getting that Polar Vortex again so it's warm everything! My sister made some soup with Cauliflower and mushrooms and I don't remember what else. She used one of those stick blenders on it so it was pretty thick. I don't like cauliflower so I ate Progresso Tomato Florentine with Italian Sausage. It was to spicy for me so someone else will finish the can. We wanted to try it because it looked so good in the TV commercials. Dad ate all of the cauliflower soup and I was so glad! Mom and I also had hot dogs with our soup. She liked my sisters soup too but she said it was to bland. She added some seasoned salt and some pepper and said that was what it needed. We grilled the hot dog buns in a frying pan and they tasted so yummy! Mom put some chili on her hot dog that we had left over and mine was plain. I love ketchup and relish on mine but because I was eating tomato soup I didn't want more tomatoes with my ketchup. Now to just decide what we will have for supper tomorrow night!

On Sun. night I made a casserole called Crazy Good Casserole. It had no veggies in it so I added about half a package of peas and carrots to it. It looked so pretty with the green and orange. It called for cream of chicken soup. I know some of you are going "Ewww!" Well, we didn't have any so I improvised. We had some chicken gravy in the freezer and it looked like Cream of Mushroom Soup but it said Chicken Gravy and it had mushrooms in it. I used that but it wasn't enough. I made a roue with butter and flour and some chicken broth. I made an amazing gravy which I added and it tasted so good! I think the next time I make this I will use chicken gravy instead.
On Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 PM
Last night my nephew came over while his mom & mine went knitting. I made talapia. Once when I was making some, my nephew said it smelled so good, could he try some? I said sure and he loved it. I made it that way again. It's crushed up Ritz crackers, and grated cheese & some salt plus an egg & flour. Dip in flour, egg and then the cracker crumbs & fry in olive oil for about 4 or 5 min. on each side. When I took it out of the pan it was such a great golden brown that I should have won a prize for how beautiful it looked. Both of is had one as there were only 2. We also had mashed potatoes & corn, carrots and baby asparagus. Alex dipped his in BBQ sauce! Ewwww! The fish is so tasty it doesn't need any kind of a sauce. Dad ate some chili that we had in the freezer.

Tonight we had leftovers again. Mom & dad finished up the chili. I ate part of my hot dog that was left over on a bun & then made another hot dog minus the bun. We don't have anymore buns. I had more mashed potatoes and more of the corn, carrots & baby asparagus.
On Sat Mar 01, 2014 08:22 PM
Tonight we had a really yummy soup but it was kind of a pain to make and I'm not sure why. I made Ham and Corn Chowder. It said to put the bacon in first, chopped up and then put in the minced onion and diced carrots and let the bacon brown and the other veggies get soft. The bacon took forever to brown and never really did. I had to try to pull it out as it still looked soft and raw and nuke it for a min. so it would cook all the way. That helped it. Next time I will cook it first and then add the onion and carrots. There was diced ham, heavy cream and diced potatoes. However, there was no corn in the recipe even though it's called corn chowder so I bought some organic frozen corn (no GMOs that way) to put into it. I guess they forgot to add the corn to the recipe. Guess what happened? I forgot the corn! I'm going to add some to the leftovers. It also had something odd in it that I couldn't find in the store called Basic Ham Stock. We substituted Veg. broth and it worked. This ones a keeper! In fact, I even think my nephew will love it so I will probably give some to my sister for him to have tomorrow.
On Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 PM
Tonight we had Gorton's Extra Large (and I don't think they were by the way) Fish sticks. Dad really likes them. We also had some kind of baked fries. They are kind of round and flat. Like you squished them down after you peeled them. Dad also likes them too. For a veggie we had some left over corn, carrots and baby asparagus and I thought we would finish it all but we didn't. It was pretty good!
On Mon Mar 03, 2014 07:12 PM
Tonight's dinner was pasta with sausage and peas and garlic. The sauce was heavy cream, butter and grated parm' cheese. I also added some pasta water to make it thick. The pasta soaked up all the sauce so I made more but with 1% milk since we were out of the heavy cream. It's not something you can eat everyday but once in a while it's really yummy!
On Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 PM
Tonight I made Cream of Mushroom and Barley soup. Boy, was that yummy! I didn't want to buy the dried mushrooms in the recipe because the last time I tried to buy them, they were mucho expensive. They also used fresh baby bella mushrooms so I just used those. I wasn't sure I had quite enough chicken broth so I also added some veggie broth. It was cold out so that warm soup tasted yummy! This one is surely a keeper!
On Sat Mar 08, 2014 09:57 PM
Tonight my sister is sleeping over as she is doing a show selling her purses and things that have her photography on them in our town. We had leftovers tonight. I went to work this last week at Head Start and they had white chicken chili that day. They gave me 2 containers of it to take home. They threw some of it away too, which I would have taken I didn't like it because it had way to many beans in it. Those kids, the ones who ate this, must have been burping in the tush all day! LOL My parents loved it. My sister ate a big bowl of it. I had some of my ham and corn soup and some of the pasta with white sauce and peas and sausage. Mom had some leftover tomato Florentine soup so she finished it up. She ate some crackers with tuna salad on them. Dad had some of my mushroom soup with barley and he also had some crackers with tuna salad on them. Since we need for him to gain weight, he also had a chocolate pudding.
On Tue Mar 11, 2014 08:46 AM
Sun. night I made a packet meal, the kind you make in aluminum foil all wrapped up and put in the oven. You can also make them on the grill but we have snow and cold out so no grill for me. Also, we have a grill, 2 of them. Charcoal and gas. My dad heard if you don't cook the food properly you can get food poisoning so he refuses to use either of them and I have no idea how to use either. Anyway, it was a chicken breast, rice, broccoli, diced carrots because we had some to use up and chicken gravy because my sister hates cream of chicken or cream of anything soup which is called for. It was very good but needed more gravy as the rice soaked up all the gravy.

Last night we had some frozen already prepared crab cakes and lobster bites which mom and dad ate along with mashed taters and carrots and corn. I'm not crazy about either, I know call me crazy, so I ate something I thawed out, a hamburg and rice-a-roni with peas and red peppers and probably beef stock. Since the rice again absorbed all the stock, I had to add more. No beef so I added veggie.
On Wed Mar 12, 2014 09:39 PM
Last night I made hamburgs. That's what mom & I had along with mashed 'taters and carrots. Dad had some meatloaf, mashed 'taters and a veggie that also had either apples or pears with it. Mom and my sister ate out and those were her leftovers.

Tonight we had stuffed shells & canned peas. Head Start, where I sometimes work, had these for lunch and they would have gone in the garbage if I didn't take them home. We rarely have fresh veggies at work so now I have a huge plastic container of peas. I froze them but we need to get some recipes for peas. My sisters refuse to eat canned veggies.
Page:
Page 13 of 151 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

ReplySendWatch