Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Page:
Page 14 of 151 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
re: What's for dinner tonight?
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Sun Mar 16, 2014 02:23 PM
Vegetarian "picadillo." I swapped the meat for quinoa, but think next time I'll try using something else. Still delicious, though. Satisfied the craving. My mom says she likes it better than real picadillo. My brother thinks it's an affront to every last Cuban in the world.

Can't win 'em all, can you?
By Live_on_Broadway Comments: 2538, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Sun Mar 16, 2014 04:09 PM
Tonight I made Chana Masala (from a kit, because I'm lazy) with basmati rice. I roasted some broccoli and Brussels sprouts to have on the side.
re: What's for dinner tonight? (karma: 1)
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sun Mar 16, 2014 07:23 PM
I went to school the other day. I got a whole bag of food that the kiddlets didn't eat. If I didn't take it, it would go in the garbage. The lady who works in the kitchen took some home and gave me the rest. They must not have liked the soup at all because there has never been that many leftovers. I got a huge ziplock bag of mixed veggies, stuffed shells which we ate already, a huge ziplock bag of canned peas, a bowl of chunks of turkey w/gravy, 3 big plastic yogurt containers of vegetable soup, 4 apples, 3 tuna sandwiches & 4 rolls. Tonight we ate the turkey with some mashed potatoes and some baby carrots which were also from school. We ate some of the soup yesterday along with some of the tuna sandwiches. We froze a lot of the stuff because there is way to much for the 3 of us to eat. Now we have some meals for another day!
On Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 AM
Last night I made a Hamburger Skillet. It was really good and had diced tomatoes, celery, onion, carrots, hamburg, beef gravy, water, spices, ricotta cheese, and bow tie pasta which had carrots and squash in the pasta. We had the healthier kind so it just added more veggies. It was yummy! Everything was made in a frying pan on top of the stove, including adding the uncooked pasta! I love one pot meals!

Tonight mom and I are having steaks with leftover mashed 'taters and some mixed veggies. Dad will have a hamburg. He can't eat steak cause of the bridge in his mouth. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:36 PM
This Beef stroganoff- which is probably my favourite stroganoff recipe ever www.ricardocuisine.com . . .- and some steamed veggies because I felt like there should be vegetables.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Apr 14, 2014 07:26 AM
I'm making octopus again- a version of pulpo a la gallega.

I attached a photo of last week's octopus because it's adorable.
By miss_anna_dance Comments: 637, member since Fri Oct 21, 2005
On Mon Apr 14, 2014 08:38 AM
Salmon, Garlic Mashed Cauliflower, and a salad...

I hate dieting lol All I really want is a cheeseburger!
On Mon Apr 14, 2014 08:47 AM
Okay, you guys are more adventurous then I am. Octopus? I've never seen that in any of our supermarkets and sorry, but I couldn't look at the photo. I didn't like seeing "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" when I was in grade school because of the up close and personal scenes of the octopus. I know they weren't real, but still.

Tonight we are going out for dinner. We are celebrating a very late birthday for my sister and my nephew. One was in Dec. and one was New Year's Eve. We could just never get together to go and this is the first chance we are able to do that. My sister hates that her birthday is in Dec. We are going to Appleby's and I have no idea what I am going to have. Mom is treating.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Apr 14, 2014 09:28 AM
^ I buy my octopus at an Asian grocery store. They always have killer seafood sections, fresh and frozen both, and mine has a great woman behind the counter who will clean everything for me better than I can so I don't have to remove the beak or anything.

We eat a ton of seafood so I guess I don't think of octopus as especially adventurous...plus it's easy to prepare (I buy baby octopus, which are pretty tender already- just boil for ten minutes, marinate for an hour, and then throw them on the grill for a minute or two) and a great low-calorie but protein-rich meal. But we'll eat pretty much anything if it comes from the sea.
On Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:48 AM
We used to have an Asian market but it never sold anything fresh. This was in the 70's or 80's. It's gone now. We like some seafood but are always worried about what has to much mercury or what is way to expensive. We live way inland so our sea food is not that fresh anyway. My dad likes Salmon but it's way to expensive to buy and then there is one kind I saw on-line that a doctor says never to eat. Also, my sister has been telling us that our favorite sea food, Tilapia, is really bad for you. She says, and don't ask me where she reads this on-line, that the fish sits in its own poop for quite a while before it's shipped out so we shouldn't eat that. I have an amazing recipe for it too. If I didn't have parents who are 86 and 90 maybe I wouldn't be so concerned because I know fish is good for us. I take fish oil pills so I'm not to worried about me. It's my parents I worry about.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Mon Apr 14, 2014 08:08 PM
Last night was smoked salmon, chilli candied almonds with Moroccan spiced quinoa and brown rice.

Tonight I'm thinking parmesan baked broccoli and pumpkin soup.
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Mon Apr 14, 2014 09:36 PM
I just moved into a new apartment so I have to up my availability of ingredients to get more creative. Pasta, Chicken and Mahi Mahi are my main meals on hand right now.

Today I had Mahi Mahi (individual frozen filets from Cotsco) cooked with balsamic vinegar and oregano on the stove. And I had a sweet potato with sour cream to go with it. Super fast meal to cook actually (by microwaving the potato lol).
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:52 AM
Tonight was roast vegetables (kumera, potato, carrot and pumpkin) with falafel, hummus and fresh bread.

Tomorrow night is wholemeal pasta with cherry tomatos, canneloni beans, chick peas, mushroom and spinach.
On Sun Apr 20, 2014 08:01 AM
It's Easter! Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans with shallots and slivered almonds, some pineapple thing my sisters is bringing along with her popovers and an appetizer, baby ruth brownies, ice cream and I think that's it. As usual one sister will complain that the other sister didn't bring as much, which for my house is normal. And how was your Easter? LOL
On Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:08 PM
Tonight was my 60th birthday. On our birthday we get to have a favorite food for our special day. My fave, or one of my faves, is fried chicken and nobody does it as well as KFC at least for me and what's available in my town. I got an extra crispy breast and wing. We had plenty of sides left over from Easter so I didn't need any of them. It's not hard to please me and I was in hog heaven eating my chicken. I have left overs so more for me tomorrow or the next day!
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Tue Apr 22, 2014 05:10 AM
I've never tried octopus, but I would if it didn't look like octopus when it's served. If I end up liking it I might become more adventurous haha. I had eel in sushi once and almost flipped out when I found out, but now that sushi roll is my favorite! (it has eel, asparagus, avacado, spicy tuna, and tri-colored tobiko)

Dinner tonight is still leftover Easter food! My parents and sister came to visit me and left all the extras in my fridge. It will probably take me a week to eat it all.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Tue Apr 22, 2014 05:40 AM
Lamb with feta, and orange and fennel salad.
On Sun May 11, 2014 08:43 PM
Tonight i'm having salmon with quinoa, which is pretty much the same thing I have every Monday.

Tomorrow night is home made corn fritters with cranberry, spinach feta and walnut salad.

Wednesday will be creamy rice with kale and mushrooms. Nom!
On Sun May 11, 2014 09:54 PM
Today because it's Mother's Day my mom got Chinese food, take away. I can't remember everything but let's see, we had broccoli and snow peas, fired chicken wings, house Lo Mein, Golden Fingers, Egg Foo Young, Chinese Fried Rice, 2 kinds of ribs (one boneless, one with bone), and some kind of veggies with some kind of meat in them. Maybe there was something else as there were 7 of us and 2 really big eaters but that's what I remember. We have some ham steaks in the freezer, maybe I will do something with them.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Mon May 12, 2014 04:12 AM
I had planned a lovely creamy chicken and veg casserole, but I had an oven malfunction. Dinner ended up being homemade vegetable and barley soup for me, and vegetables and rice for M.

Note to self: don't use purple carrots in vegetable soup unless you want it looking really bad. (Tastes great; looks horrible!)
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 967, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Mon May 12, 2014 09:36 PM
This was actually lunch but I'm off school/ home for the week so I have time to cook and I made a super yummy stir fry today. Sauteed garlic and onion, threw in some cooked farro and and peas, and cracked an egg into it. When the egg was all cooked I put in soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, golden syrup, and lemon all mixed together and then cooked it until all all the liquid was gone. So so good. I'm having it tomorrow too.
On Mon May 12, 2014 10:10 PM
Tonight we had those ham steaks. Mom wanted more chinese food because she said she didn't eat much yesterday. Dad and I had the ham steak and I made a ham gravy courtesy of The Pioneer Woman. I made it once before but because we had something sweet on the ham the gravy was so bad, at least to me and my mom that we threw it out! Tonight I sauteed the ham in some butter so when I made the gravy it was yummy! I didn't make the whole recipe, I just eyeballed it. I'd make it again. I found a box of Mediterranean couscous in the supermarket and I made that. It was yummy! We also had mixed veggies. Very good supper if I do say so myself.
On Thu May 15, 2014 08:12 PM
Tonight dad had some chili I took out of the freezer. At 90 and depressed, he doesn't eat much. He has no favorite foods and a lot that he says he can't eat. He didn't eat much. Me, I had the last of the chicken noodle soup and some of the crescent roll pizza that I made last week. It tasted so good!
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Fri May 16, 2014 09:37 AM
I've been having a lot of summer salads for dinner lately. Baby spinach, dried cranberries, almonds, feta and balsamic. Not much to it, but I usually have a big lunch to get me through the work day.
On Fri May 16, 2014 12:31 PM
Tonight we are going to have leftovers. Our fridge is full so we need to eat some of it. We have lots of chinese food even though we gave some to my cousin Darren whose house is for sale and he's looking for somewhere to live. He needs to eat and we gave him a lot of it. We have something called Kentucky Hot Brown and that pizza I said I made. We have a ham slice with ham gravy that is supposed to be used for biscuits but it's yummy on ham too! Part of a chicken pot pie and some veggies. Its like a buffet! If you read some of my other posts it may seem like some of that food is pretty old but it's not. We keep things in our fridge way past when it says its safe. I am a super taster and a super smeller so I know when stuff is spoiled or not. No one in my family has ever had food poisoning from anything they ate in our house. My sister had it twice from 2 restaurants in CA when she was on vacation! Mom is 86, dad is 90, I'm 60 and my youngest sister is 53 and we've never been sick from any spoiled food. We may have to freeze some of it tomorrow depending on what's leftover.
Page:
Page 14 of 151 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

ReplySendWatch