Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Page:
Page 2 of 151 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 14 15
re: What's for dinner tonight?
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:48 PM
Tonight I did golden beets for me, carrots for the hubby, basmati rice and pork chops with apple butter sauce (apple butter, mustard and cumin) and apples and onions softened with the sauce that was left in the pan and a little bit of cider vinegar.
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:48 PM
Tonight we're having Grandma's Chicken (drumsticks in the slow cooker with soy sauce, Worcester sauce, tomato sauce, barbeque sauce, honey, ginger and garlic), with peas, carrots and maybe mashed potatoes (though Krystal has made me feel like au gratin instead!)
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Thu Sep 12, 2013 08:34 AM
I am making a Japanese dish.

For the base you use soy sauce, water, splenda( or sugar) dash of saki, garlic, and ginger.

Tn you throw in a bunch of meat, vegetables and tofu.

The other night, I made chicken with a French Beurre Blanc sauce.
To make that you take 1 cup white wine, 3 shallots, and 1/4 cup lemon juice and let it boil to a syrup. Ten you add in 12 tablespoons of cubed butter slowly whisking, heavy cream to taste, some salt and white pepper.
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:35 AM
I went to visit my son and had cheap Chinese last night, per his request. Chimerican, as he calls it. The place made a crunchy, jalapeno sushi. Seriously? And it was pretty good, although bizarre. I put wasabi on it before I realized it was jalapeno, lol.

Not sure yet about tonight, perhaps some parmesan crusted tilapia? I will report back.

kk~
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Thu Sep 12, 2013 01:57 PM
Probably popcorn. Boy & I are going to a movie and won't have time between the time he picks me up & the start time to get real dinner.
By LizDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1140, member since Fri Jan 06, 2006
On Thu Sep 12, 2013 02:23 PM
Ooh, I like this thread! Tonight I'm planning on making tomato basil chicken with linguine, from this recipe: menumusings.blogspot.com . . .

As a college student I mainly cook for myself, so it's fun to share what I'm cooking over the internet, even if not with someone else in real life!

Unfortunately, though, I probably won't be cooking all that much in the next few weeks. I'm going to be out of town the next three or four weekends in a row, which makes it really hard to find time to get to the grocery store every week and buy fresh ingredients. So I just stocked up on frozen and pre-prepared stuff, even though I don't usually like to rely on those things.
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 AM
Last night it was tomato basil pasta:
Saute garlic and a chili in a pan until just starting to colour, place a hand full of tomatoes cut in half cut side down in the pan, cover and cook on medium until the tomato skins wrinkle. Remove skins, add a handful of fresh basil and some cooked pasta (I used spaghettini) and toss until the pasta is well coated. Sprinkle with black pepper and Parmesan. Soooo good.

Tonight it's slow cooker chicken taco bowls.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:26 AM
Per my husband's request, he wants a frozen pizza. The kind that comes with the chicken wings. Blehhhh. I'll live though. He's on pre-deployment leave so I'll give him whatever he wants since soon he'll be eating at the dining facility in Afghanistan (which I hear is actually pretty good).
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:06 PM
We're driving to my parents' place tonight, and I think my mom is making lasagna. I'm excited that I don't have to cook!
By Josianemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1643, member since Sun Nov 06, 2005
On Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:40 PM
-Tempura shrimps with some kind of spicy mayo
-My boyfriend also wants onion rings or deep fried pickles but I think it's too heavy with the shrimps so I won't probably eat much of it.
- Spaghetti squash with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
On Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:10 PM
Slow cooker beef stew and homemade corn bread. Despite it being 34 degrees today, stew turned out to be an excellent choice as the cold my nephew has been passing through the family finally caught up to me.
By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 04:57 PM
Baked steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 PM
I made cauliflower-potato-garlic mash and fresh homemade pretzel buns for fancy sandwiches with avocado and pancetta and tons of vegetables tonight, but my boyfriend decided he needed never ending pasta bowl from Olive Garden tonight. Just gross in every way but we went. I had Venetian apricot chicken and he had...all the pasta. And breadsticks with Alfredo. And salad. I can't believe we actually ate there but he craves it once a year or so and I have to acquiesce. Ick. We both worked there when we were 18-ish so it's extra gross, haha.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Mon Sep 16, 2013 09:43 AM
Can I just say I went out for sushi with some friends from church and I am now IN LOVE with sushi?! Oh my gosh. I have never tried it before, but it was so much different and WAY better than I expected! I found out one of the rolls had eel in it, which grossed me out at first but man it was good.

Anyway!

I just spent $200 on 2.5 weeks of groceries, and my husband decided this morning he wants to grill steak. So..he went to the store again this morning and came home with everything he wants to cook tonight. Ughhh. I don't like when he does that...but whatever. He can have what he wants these next two weeks. :P

So tonight it will be grilled steak (kabobs with peppers, I think), homemade bread, baked beans, and asparagus! Mmmm.
By Josianemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1643, member since Sun Nov 06, 2005
On Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 AM
Hockey (pre) season has started so we are going to a sports bar. I'm probably gonna have a burger and beer.
By seannettaPremium member Comments: 2312, member since Fri Jul 28, 2006
On Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:18 AM
Quinoa is kind of my fallback food these days -- I like the nutty taste and how it fills you up, and you can throw pretty much anything into it. Today there's chunks of mango, torn-up pieces of mint, some jalapeno, feta cheese, toasted almond slivers, baby spinach and a curried dressing.
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:49 AM
Daughter and I hosted a baby shower yesterday, so we brought home the leftover finger sandwiches, fruit, veggies and cake and it made for an easy supper by the pool. Good thing cause I was pooped!

kk~
On Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 PM
I swear I normally cook almost every night and we rarely go out to eat, but tonight I went out with a friend. We had a wedge salad with bleu cheese, wasabi-crusted ahi tuna (super rare but seared and crisp on the outside, amazing), and truffled mac and cheese with house made hot sauce, our favourite. She had a caesar, I had a glass of Pinot Noir, and I brought home another piece of ahi tuna for my boyfriend with a pea-shoot salad with vegetables and a ginger dressing,
On Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:49 PM
Chicken and sausage gumbo. Heaven.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Tue Sep 17, 2013 05:45 PM
My parents picked me up some egg salad from Hy-Vee today. We don't make it there often because it is almost 2 hours away but they went up into Missouri to buy a new car... well anyway, anyone else here from the midwest that has had the egg salad from Hy-Vee? It is the most amazing thing ever and I do not want to know how many calories is in it. I was going to make ham salad tonight, but screw that, this is way better.
On Thu Sep 19, 2013 09:09 PM
Tuesday- Homemade pizza with hot Genoa salami, green peppers and broccoli.

Wednesday- A bowl of cereal.

Tonight it was rotini in a slimmed down Alfredo sauce with tuna and peas.
On Fri Sep 20, 2013 08:21 AM
Last night we didn't get fancy because I have rehearsal and my guy has an insurance course for work, so I made a big stir-fry type thing (steamed in broth though, not fried) with farmer's market broccoli, kale, sweet peppers, purple cauliflower, and some soy sauce and chilis. Boy had shrimp, I went vegetarian for the evening.

Had an oatmeal cookie at rehearsal though. Bad Megan.
On Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 AM
Last night we had roasted tomatoes with garlic and asiago, slices of apple spread with cranberry-pepper Boursin and topped with balsamic dressed greens, and grilled chicken breasts. I felt like making fiddly stuff.

Then I got a little out of hand and baked a massive fruit crumble with some strawberries and nectarines which needed to get used. With oats and a touch of spiced rum.
By celestia836 Comments: 2006, member since Tue Dec 02, 2003
On Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 PM
^All of that sounds amazing!

I've just been on holiday for a week where we ate out every night, so I'm trying to eat lightly and cheaply now that I'm back home. Tonight was tomato, lentil and chilli pepper soup (tinned - too tired to cook!) with buttered wholegrain toast. Maybe tomorrow I'll have more energy to put something together!
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3906, member since Fri Jul 25, 2008
On Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:23 PM
We're moving this weekend and packed up the kitchen yesterday, but before we did, I made some tuna noodle casserole and pasta with marinara sauce. So I'll be alternating between those pretty much all week. I had some of the casserole for lunch, so I guess I'll have the pasta for dinner.
Page:
Page 2 of 151 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 14 15

ReplySendWatch