Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Page:
Page 3 of 151 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 15
re: What's for dinner tonight?
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Mon Sep 23, 2013 01:00 PM
Tonight my boyfriend gets white-washed "tacos" (whole grain tortillas, ground beef sautéed in cumin and chilis and stuff, grilled peppers and onion, and misc veg and avocado...with sour cream and maybe shredded cheese) and I will have an egg white omelette with cottage cheese, some of his peppers and onion, tomato, jalapeños, and maybe some artichoke hearts if Boyfriend wants homemade chicken/spinach/artichoke pizza tomorrow and makes it worth opening the jar and finding room in our overstuffed fridge for them. Total white whine, but living with three twenty-something dudes means my fridge is constantly full to bursting with the amount of groceries they require to get through the week. Endless eggs and milk and cheese and lunch meat and beer and so many freaking condiments. They don't really eat convenience food and are all big vegetable eaters, luckily, but all their food still takes up a ton of space that I could fill with, like...kale, haha.
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Mon Sep 23, 2013 08:05 PM
Chicken Korma with naan.
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 03:20 PM
Tonight it's just me so it's simple; Greek salad with fresh tomatoes from our garden and grilled chicken breast.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 03:34 PM
Who knows when will will get dinner or what? Wife just left to take one grandson to hockey practice while his dad take the other grandson on that side to hockey at a different venue. Their mom (VP of big financial firm) is in Florida on a business trip. Later this week we have a similar drill with the other two grandsons (Daughter's boys) to lacrosse and T-ball. I think we haul kids around to sports even more than when our kids were little...of course there are twice as many of them.
It was all time well spent, we had none of the problems many parents had with their kids when they were teens. My son played hockey as well and was a local All-star. When my daughter was superannuated as a player (and did not make any scholastic teams) she was the commissioner for the girls soccer program in the local Boys and Girls Club. This was also a fine resume bullet in her college applications.

We tend to dine fashionably late. Tonight, probably lasagna leftovers, or maybe just a soup and sandwich as we went out for lunch today.

Jon
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 03:41 PM
I made myself a bastardised Thai green curry in a whim.

Red onions, chicken breast, green pepper, fine beans, bean sprouts, coconut milk, lemongrass paste, ginger. Garlic, chillis, bit of chicken stock concentrate, lime juice. Absolutely amazing taste wise but nowhere near hot enough, the chillis weren't cutting it.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 04:55 PM
Boyfriend gets the same taco-esque thing as yesterday. I am tempted to just eat a can of pumpkin pie filling. It's been that kind of day, haha.
By Live_on_Broadway Comments: 2538, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 05:12 PM
Tonight I made potato and leek soup, followed by home-made veggie burgers. It's the first time I've made veggie burgers from scratch, and they turned out alright. I burned myself on the pan, though -- ow!
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 06:51 PM
I let myself have breakfast for dinner once a week. I would probably eat the same thing day in and day out if I didn't force myself to eat a variety of things.

So I had 2 eggs over medium with 2 slices of bacon and asparagus. I really love dipping my asparagus in the yolks, that isn't weird, right? This dinner also allows me to have a snack later, probably an apple and popcorn or something similar.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 09:19 PM
i'm going out tonight, so its spelt pasta bake for the other half. My go-to 'leave it in the fridge and serve yourself' meal for such ocassions.
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Wed Sep 25, 2013 03:15 AM
Roast lamb in the Weber with roasted root vegetables and steamed broccoli. Then my daughter was bored and too sick to go to hot yoga so she made a chocolate self saucing pudding. Yummm!

My daughter is on doctor's orders to eat red meat 5 times a week. It gets really hard coming up with new ways to cook and serve it. The weather is warming up, slowly, so stir fries and barbecues will be more appropriate, soon. I can't face stir fry when it's cold outside.
By PHD_againmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 444, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 PM
Meat loaf with new potatoes and green beans.
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:05 PM
Baked chicken thighs, baked potatoes, steamed green beans and mushrooms with thyme. Easy night!

kk~
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Thu Sep 26, 2013 06:26 AM
Gnocchi with a veg-enriched matriciana sauce. Left over choc pudding from last night which tased even better tonight!
On Thu Sep 26, 2013 08:40 AM
I'm going out between work and rehearsal to my favourite Thursday spot. They make amazing prosecco cocktails, normally $12, for $3 on Thursdays, so I'll have a couple of those (one has fresh blueberries, SO GOOD) and they have a killer raw bar, so we'll share some beef carpaccio, tuna tataki, and oysters. Om nom nom.

My boyfriend will have to fend for himself, which means he'll either walk to Wendy's for a junior bacon cheeseburger or order pizza with our roomies.

I made him pretty excellent baked mac and cheese with bacon and smoked paprika last night though.
On Thu Sep 26, 2013 06:41 PM
Split pea and ham soup made with yellow peas and red lentils and grilled cheese sandwiches because hubby LOVES soup and grilled cheese.
re: What's for dinner tonight? (karma: 1)
By Naivohwmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1719, member since Mon Nov 17, 2003
On Thu Sep 26, 2013 09:22 PM
Tonight was one of my husband's favorite dishes, and I really like it too: Skillet Rosemary Chicken

Tomorrow is Beef Barley Stew in the crock pot.
On Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:55 PM
The deliciousness that is homemade butter chicken.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Fri Oct 04, 2013 07:00 AM
I'm treating myself to sushi for a change. My husband deployed yesterday and I'm depressed. So yep. Sushi.
On Fri Oct 04, 2013 07:59 AM
I made pumpkin soup with smoked paprika and garlic and I've been eating it with a bit of sour cream for the past two nights.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Fri Oct 04, 2013 08:08 AM
Ahhhh, dinner, I remember that, I think I made one long ago.... lol, the life of an entrepreneur has left me no time to cook!! Hubby has taken up the task and so while I often find myself coming home with a bag of bean burritos or potato taquitos from the local gringo-mex place, I do love coming home to find that he has made a lovely pan of roasted veggies. We can devour an entire roasted cauliflower and call it dinner, mmm, so good! He has been trying all sorts of veggies, my current favorite is tomatoes. He also has really mastered the crock pot and can make a fab batch of beans with onions, garlic and spices.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Oct 04, 2013 03:15 PM
I've been doing Nutrisystem for three weeks now, so for dinner tonight, I'm having rotini with meatballs, possibly a side salad from Wendy's, and a brownie. :D

The boys are having pepperoni pizza, and breadsticks from the pizza place up the road.
On Fri Oct 04, 2013 03:20 PM
I have been asked to make Mexican cornbread. It's basically a chili base with cornbread baked in a ring on top. And speaking of chili, it's almost time for that! I always make it for Halloween!

kk~
On Fri Oct 04, 2013 07:36 PM
I had grilled chicken, roasted red pepper, fresh basil, and goat cheese on multigrain bread. Boyfriend is having the same fillings rolled, breaded, and baked.
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sat Oct 05, 2013 04:51 AM
Tonight is our biggest gig of the Oktoberfest season, so it's sauerbraten, sauerkraut, apple strudel, dark beer, and most of all, gemütlichkeit.

Warning! All of these are heavy, TBD kg. When handling such equipment, be sure to use extreme care and proper rigging.
On Sat Oct 05, 2013 07:26 PM
Shrimp creole. And it's smelling pretty yummy!

kk~
Page:
Page 3 of 151 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 15

ReplySendWatch