Forum: Highland / Highland - Theory

Highland - Theory
SDTA members/associates/teachers theory exam
By dancing_deva Comments: 156, member since Tue Jul 20, 2004
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 01:46 PM

I am looking to do my teachers but am currently not with a dance school. Is it possible to sit my teachers independently or do I need to be a part of a dance school?
If I am able to sit it independently how do I go about this?
Thanks in advance.

3 Replies to SDTA members/associates/teachers theory exam

re: SDTA members/associates/teachers theory exam
By LingScot Comments: 1036, member since Sat Apr 09, 2005
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 09:19 PM
I only know the BATD system, but my guess is SDTA is similar. Many events (competitions, big workshops) will offer professional exams as part of their program, so you'd just need to go through the event organizer. (It will often say on the entry form that such a thing is available.) Or, if there's an examiner in your area, you can even arrange a private exam. But, the main issue will be whether you're prepared adequately to *do* the exam if you don't have someone around to study with who has done the exam themselves. There's a Facebook highland theory group (www.facebook.com . . .), but you do want to know that you're adequately prepared. Do you have someone who can work with you (e.g. over Skype) to prepare you?
By booverly Comments: 1980, member since Fri Jul 02, 2004
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 PM
If you're currently not with a dance school or associated with a teacher who can sponsor you, you should probably contact SDTA directly and ask them what the procedure is.
By dancing_deva Comments: 156, member since Tue Jul 20, 2004
On Mon Sep 16, 2013 05:43 AM
Okay, perfect! Thank you both for the help. And yes I will have a study buddy once I'm near the end of the book!
Thank you.

ReplySendWatch