Forum: Adults / Money Matters

Money Matters
Not getting paid
By Panda_Bear Comments: 410, member since Tue Feb 02, 2010
On Mon Sep 30, 2013 09:34 AM
Edited by Panda_Bear (219868) on 2013-09-30 09:54:16

When is it acceptable to call/ contact your boss about not getting paid? I was supposed to get paid yesterday by direct deposit and when I looked this morning on line it has not gone through. I've often had issues with my bank not putting payroll deposits in my account on a Sunday but when I called them they said that they have no record of anything being sent to be deposited in my account. I bank with the same bank as my work just at different branches. Would I be out of line to call my supervisor and ask? Being the last person on the list alphabetically my pay has been skipped before because it didn't make it into the system. When that happens my boss gets a paper cheque to me with in 8 hours of me letting her know.

Do I call my boss?I need the money in my account today because I have to pay some school fees tomorrow.

3 Replies to Not getting paid

re: Not getting paid
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:57 AM
Since your bank doesn't have a record of it and assuming you are somewhere in the U.S. or Europe and it's the afternoon/early evening I think it's fair to ask your boss. I don't think it's a big deal especially if it seems to just be an accident and not that they didn't pay you because they don't have the money (and even if that's the case, it is a big deal). Just say that you didn't get anything in today and could you please get it in ASAP because you have bills to pay. I had to do this before. At my old job, I started as an intern and they considered interns to be independent contractors. So they paid us with actual checks, not direct deposit, and there was no schedule. Sometimes we'd get paid every week, other times it could be 3 weeks before we got paid. Our intern supervisor always told us to let him know if it went over 3 weeks or if it was the end of the month and we needed to pay rent or anything. It was never a big deal and we usually got the money ASAP. The annoying would be having time to go to the bank to deposit it but you don't seem to have that problem.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Mon Sep 30, 2013 05:00 PM
Yes, you call your boss. If your payday is on Sunday (which is kind of weird) then the bank should have had it posted in some form or another Monday morning when their bookkeeping department receives those batches.
By Panda_Bear Comments: 410, member since Tue Feb 02, 2010
On Mon Sep 30, 2013 07:38 PM
By the time I called him at noon he had already called the bank. Their had been an error on the bank's end and I was paid by 3:00.

We're paid the 15th and 2nd to last of the month. If pay day is on the weekend they preset everything on the thursday or friday before.

ReplySendWatch