Forum: Arts / Diaries

I will dance all my life and then for God in Heaven part 2.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Fri Oct 04, 2013 09:37 PM
Bumped by Sumayah (204191) on 2014-04-05 10:30:25

Okay, I did it again! Will I ever learn? Probably not! LOL I let my diary go to long before I posted and it got closed. Darn it all! This is the second time this happened. I've gotta write more often but I also have to stop getting all the e-mail's I have! LOL

This has been a busy year for me. My dad seems to be getting better. Not a whole lot better but better. He seems to be eating a little bit more. He's not drinking as much Ensure as he should. He's supposed to have 3 a day. Sometimes he only has 1 and that's bad because he needs the protein. He is drinking a lot of coffee and that can't be good for him. The Ensure is much better for him. He gets up so late that he only eats 2 meals a day. He doesn't eat to much in-between meals either. Water? What's that? He drinks very little w/his pills and that's all he drinks. He is supposed to have a full glass w/his Thyroid pill but he doesn't. I hate to see him like this but I trust God will do what he has to for him. When it's his time to go, God will take him.

I spent some time up at The Cape this summer. This cottage was rented from a guy who lives not far from my sister! It was on a private road and was steps from the beach! You could hear the water lapping on the beach at night from the windows on the porch. I found some sea shells and some sea glass and even sea pottery! We bought some food at a really great small grocery store so we could cook stuff. I bought some great Mac & Cheese the store made and had corn on the cob! We did some shopping in some nice stores but downtown Hyannis isn't what it used to be. It's changed but then everything has, hasn't it? We did go to the bead store though and I got some really nice beads. I am a bead-aholic! LOL The stamp store is gone though. Darn it! We did a lot of walking on the beach too. I walked quite a ways one day. We actually went up so my sister could do some craft fairs. I went to help her out. A few days it was supposed to rain so we didn't do the show. I think it rained once. One day she took as a day to just spend up at The Cape and have a vacation which she never takes because she can't afford to. She can't remember the last time she was at The Cape for a vacation. It's been a while for me too but it's been longer for her. The few shows that we did we did really well at. It was nice to be away from home and what's going on here.

I'm going to write more but it's getting close to beddy bye time. I promise to write more often but that's what I said before. Let's hope I do what I say!

5 Replies to I will dance all my life and then for God in Heaven part 2.

re: I will dance all my life and then for God in Heaven part 2.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Thu Oct 10, 2013 08:14 PM
I liked being up at the Cape. We haven't gone up there in quite a while and it really was nice to get away. We were supposed to go swimming one night but the teeny, tiny bugs were out in full force that day. Someone told us it was because there was no wind. No swimming for us. We did get to put our feet in the water another day. I walked a long way on the beach and totally got my exercise. That was good for me. I met 2 adorable children on the beach w/their parents. The brother who was older then the sister but maybe 4 or 5 was catching hermit crabs. He caught a whole bunch of them in a bucket of water. He loved them and so did his 3 year old sister. Turns out the dad's mom lives near my sister! They were also from CT. It's so weird what a small world it is. We go on vacation and we meet people who live near us even though we aren't in the same state as where we live. The last 2 days we couldn't stay at the cottage because people were coming so we spent them in a motel. My sister hated it! She always has a complaint about things even when there is nothing to complain about really. I never did get to go swimming even though we had a pool. I didn't have my ear plugs and I can't go in the water without them. I can only swim underwater and I get ear infections so easily because water rushes in my ears. I have to put cotton in my ears to wash my hair!

After the Cape was the Big E. I love that fair! There are a whole bunch of people at the fair that I only see once a year because they do the fair. Most of them don't live in CT and the fair is in MA. There's Don Thomas who is a musician. I have all of his CDs. He plays instrumental guitar and his music is beautiful! He has 4 seasons of music, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Then he has 2 Christmas CDs which sound like the original songs, not all done over and rocked out. All of his music is soothing and it's what I wake up to when my alarm clock goes off and wakes me up. Most of the time I wake up before my alarm, sometimes an hour or 2 before and I can't go back to sleep. His newest CD is hymns from church which is dedicated to a friend who passed away. What they wrote about their friend made me cry. He lives w/his wife in upstate NY. He's a good friend. Another friend is Mark Billman. He designs earrings and ear cuffs. He also makes instrumental CDs. He plays all the instruments on his CDs too but not just guitar. All of these people are so talented! He lives in FL. I have dermatitis in my ears so they get infected. I don't have pierced ears for that reason. For some odd unknown reason his ear cuffs don't infect my ears so I buy one every year. The people who work at his booth and Mark are all good friends. We all hugged on the last day of the fair (my sister does all 17 days, I don't stay for all 17.) The people in the booth next to us do portraits of people. They are brother and sister and they are so talented! We've been doing the fair for 9 years, about 4 next to them. I am so bad w/names and I can't remember theirs! They live in PA. The woman named Katie who makes the jewelry. She is another really nice person. I don't remember where she lives but she works for the TSA and boy does she have a lot to complain about her job. She says because of the sequester they are so short handed and can't hire anybody so they are all doing a million jobs that more people then just the few they have are doing.

More next time, folks!
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:15 PM
More about the Big E. There is a man there who plays the harp and I have a bunch of his CDs. I think the harp is a beautiful instrument. This man brings his harp and plays on the grounds. Now he makes jewelry with semi-precious stones too. I like when people play their instruments and show people that you really can play. There is always music all over the place. The Big E has a free stage. The price of your admission includes a show on this stage. One year it was okay in CT but when we got to the Big E it was very cloudy. By the time the Osmond Boys, Alan Osmonds sons, came on stage, it was raining. Not many people were in the audience for the show and I felt sorry for the guys. They even came into the audience with microphones! Talk about a good way to get electrocuted! You never know what is going to happen with the weather and like that day, it can be doing nothing in CT and raining up in MA. They have another stage that is sometimes free. It all depends. They have seats that are free but the close up seats you have to pay for. $10 or $25 dollars I think. Close up being the first 5 or 10 rows from the stage and they are blocked off with yellow tape like police tape. Other times the whole show is a paid show. It depends on who the performer is. You can always hear songs playing at our booth. The songs just play while you are walking down that street. They sometimes have classic car shows there and you will hear 50's and 60's music playing around the cars. I love music although there is a lot out there on Top 40 radio that I can't stand so I am glad to hear all the music when I am walking around.

This year they had some good oldie acts. My favorite person that I got to meet and I'd like to say be friends with was Darlene Love. If any of you know me, you know that I will dance anywhere at anytime as long as the music is good. With 5 trophies under my belt, I am also a pretty good dancer. Darlene's music is amazing! She has sung on a ton of records for a lot of people and one of them was Phil Spector. She sang all her hits and I was in front of the stage dancing. I tried not to block anybodies view but still danced in front of the stage. The audience was much more animated then they were at other shows. I know Darlene enjoyed it.

Tomorrow I am going to finish my story. I have a ton of e-mail's to read so I am going to do that before I go to bed. Good night everyone and see you tomorrow!
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 PM
Want to see if I can post anything as it's been a while since I have. I didn't realize how long it's been. Where does the time go? Getting ready for the holidays I guess. Merry Christmas everyone!
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sat Apr 05, 2014 08:49 PM
More about the Big E. Darlene was an amazing performer and she's 72! I tried to attend every show but there was a show or 2 that I couldn't go see because I had to go home and be with my parents. I'm a caregiver and can't be away from them for 2 whole weeks.

I got in line to meet Darlene and she loved my dancing! I bought her book and she autographed it. I told her about being a caregiver for my parents and she told me that was wonderful. When she signed my book, she wrote more then she did for others. She was so nice! Having been bullied almost since 1st grade and beyond high school, it's nice to meet someone who just likes you and could be a friend if she wasn't traveling all over the country and didn't live so far away from where I do. We met after every show. It was fun!

After one show, I saw one of her back up singers, Baritone, (nickname because she sounds like that when she wakes up) sitting at one of the picnic tables where people sit to eat and watch the show. I walked over and we talked for 1/2 hour! She was also very nice. Darlene's sister also joined us and we talked too. I liked both of them. They talked about getting something to eat and I recommended some good places to get food. I also told both of them I would get them something if they didn't want to go out to get something. They said it was nice that I offered but I didn't have to do that. Hey, I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't going to do it. I also told both of them and Darlene about my sisters booth and how they should come and visit it.

One time the guys who worked selling her merchandise recognized me. How could they not? LOL They asked me if I would like to have a special tee that Darlene only gives to special fans? If was not one of the ones they were selling. Of course and of course, it's a night shirt on me so I can only wear it to bed. I was almost in tears when they gave it to me. People do such nice things for you sometimes. It amazes me how good God is to me although it shouldn't. It's just that stuff happens that I don't expect to happen. I am so blessed!

This time I wasn't the only one up there dancing, there were others. Some kids, some adults and some who were even sober! We were all having a good time but I think I was having the best time of anybody. The one thing I hate about the Big E is they serve alcohol. I have nothing against alcohol if you only have a few drinks. Most people don't. There is one guy who has been at the Big E for the past 2 years. At least that's how long I remember him being there. He goes to all the shows on the free stage. He starts drinking when the Big E opens at 10 and doesn't stop until he goes home which is probably 9 at night or so. He always has a huge beer in his hand. He is obnoxious and all he does is walk back and forth in front of the stage, snap photos of whoever is on stage, talk to me (and I don't talk back I just ignore him) and take photos of me too! It makes me so angry when he snaps a photo of me and then tells me he posted it on Facebook and I should see it. Ewww! Who knows where it is on Facebook and what gross, disgusting things it says or how he photoshopped it. Their have been times when people have told me to tell security about him and I have. He kind of scares me and even though I know God is with me all the time and will send Angles to protect me, the guy is drunk out of his gourd! Who knows what he could do? I don't know how far or close he lives to the Big E but I am so glad that we leave after everyone else because we don't have to be on the road with him going home. I feel so sorry for anybody who has to be on the road with him if he drives home because he isn't even fit to be standing up at the fair never mind driving. The performers must hate seeing him walk back and forth and not really paying attention to the show.

On that last night I got to see Darlene one of the guys working behind the merchandise table asked if I wanted to go backstage. Are you kidding me? Of course I would! I had gone backstage before and it was so much fun! Okay, before you say something about what happens backstage, none of that ever happened when I've been backstage. It was all very clean. This nice man took me backstage and we were talking to each other. I got to talk to Baritone again and Darlene's sister. I was in they're dressing room which was not as nice as some I have been in but it was like we were buds! It was much to cool and I kept thanking God for it. I know that he's the one who makes all of this happen. We talked and laughed for about 10 min. or so and then we had to go. I walked out of they're dressing room and saw Darlene one more time. We hugged and I thanked her and everybody for being so nice and for letting me do all the things that they let me do. No one else go to do it but me. Thank you, Lord! These are the memories I will have forever. Sometimes I wish someone was there with a video camera filming the whole thing so I could have it forever. I can't remember exactly what we talked about or everything that went on and it would be nice to have that memory.

I was in my sisters booth one night and who walks by but Darlene! I invited her in and she looked around. She was going out for food. She loved everything my sister had and said she would come back. I don't think she ever did but she does have my sisters card or did. I don't know if she kept it or remembers what it was for. She was quite impressed. For a gift I got her, Baritone and Darlene's sister key chains with my sisters photos on them. They all loved them! I hoped they enjoyed using them because I enjoyed giving the key chains to them. It was so cool to see them in my sisters booth! I wish I had taken a photo of her and the merchandise. She could have hung it up in her booth. I wonder who will be their next year and if they will also come in my sisters booth?

I ate a ton of food at The Big E. They have almost any kind of food you could want. A lot of the same things like hot dogs and hamburgs but they have other kinds of food and even a lot of international food like kangaroo and gator. Healthy food, not so much although you have to look and you can find some. Because the Big E is so huge and spaced out and you have to walk everywhere, even if you do eat a lot, it's easy to loose weight there. I always mange to loose something even though I don't need to. I am there from 9:30 in the morning till 10 at night so I do a lot of walking all day. I stay in the booth too but it's my sisters booth and unless she does really well, she can't afford to pay me for a whole lot of hours so I walk and dance and eat and depending on what I see, I buy things as Christmas gifts.

The last thing I saw that was pretty cool was a guy who played the piano for Elvis and was his director and Elvis backup singers. It was pretty amazing to see them perform. There was a singer who sounded a lot like Elvis but he wasn't an impersonator. He wasn't dressed like Elvis or anything but he sang almost like him. It was spooky how much he sounded like Elvis. It was a good show. The one problem was it had rained before the show so my chair was wet! I was trying to wipe it off but I couldn't wipe it all off. I had to sit on the tip of the chair so it didn't look like I wet my pants when I went back to the booth. What a great show and how cool was it when they talked about all the things they did with Elvis. It was a great show and I was glad it wasn't raining during the show. They were under a stage roof, I wasn't.
I can't wait to go to the Big E next year!
By SoloJazzDancer
On Fri May 16, 2014 08:48 PM
I can't wait to start my garden again. I bought lots of veggie seeds. Actually, I didn't buy them I stole them! LOL My birthday was April 21st and I turned 60. Happy Birthday to me! For my birthday I asked for seeds for my garden. I wanted to support a small business so I asked for heirloom seeds. They are all non-GMO and no pesticides. Yeah! You know, I never was concerned about GMO anything before. In the 60's and 70's, maybe even the 80's, no one talked about GMO foods. I don't know exactly when GMO started but the more I hear about it, the more I hate it. I don't know why I remember this but at the World's Fair in 1964 Monsanto had a huge exhibit. Their slogan was "Better living through chemistry." At the time I thought that was so cool! Had I known how bad they would become years later or were already becoming back then, maybe I wouldn't have thought that slogan was so cool.

It was pretty cold for a while even into April. To cool for me to start a garden. Then when I tried to order my seeds they told me the codes to put in for the gift certificates weren't valid. I just got the gift certificates, how can they not be valid? So, like my sister is always saying, I had to do everyone's job but not get paid. I called the company and found that if I had to do it over the phone it would cost more! I didn't want that. When I told the woman over the phone that I was having trouble with the codes even when I copied and pasted the code into the form, she asked how old the certificates were. When I told her they were from April of this year, she said there should be no problems, that she would do them over the phone but not charge me the extra for a phone order. I got my seeds this week but either I have somewhere to go or it's been raining so I haven't been able to go out and plant anything. I can't wait to start something! I love to watch things grow and dig in the dirt and eat what I grow. This year I am planting some new things too and I hope they grow. I am going to give some of my seeds to my niece so she can plant too. She doesn't have a garden but there are a lot of things you can plant in pots. When she goes to the grocery store to buy groceries, she can buy some dirt and some pots and have a ball growing veggies. I will let you guys know when I finally start my garden.

ReplySendWatch