Forum: Advice / Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself
Getting a zipper un-stuck?
By Ras Comments: 119, member since Sat Jul 10, 2010
On Sat Oct 05, 2013 06:48 PM

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but does anyone have a solution to getting a zipper unstuck? The zipper of my wallet got caught on a dollar...I think there are bits of it wedged in there but can't seem to pull them out. The wallet is now open and I can't get it closed. Advice?

3 Replies to Getting a zipper un-stuck?

re: Getting a zipper un-stuck?
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Sat Oct 05, 2013 07:18 PM
I've heard you can rub a candle on the stuck part and wiggle it loose. The wax lubricates it.

kk~
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sat Oct 05, 2013 07:25 PM
You also may have to grip the zipper handle with a pliers to get a better grip on it. It is pretty hard to hang onto a zipper handle with just finger power. Don't pull too hard though it is also easy to pull the handle off the zipper.

Jon
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Sat Oct 05, 2013 08:13 PM
I use grey lead pecncil. It's graphite and a really good dry lubricant. Or WD40.

Sounds like there are bits of fabric in the zipper pull itself, rather than in the teeth of the zip. WD40 sprayed into the pull might help.

ReplySendWatch