Forum: Arts / Movies & TV

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Movies & TV
The Walking Dead
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Sat Oct 19, 2013 08:36 PM

I didn't see any posts for this so.. let me be the first. I am obsessed with this darn show. Who is your favorite? Love Darrell and Carol (hey that rhymes).

Po

26 Replies to The Walking Dead

re: The Walking Dead
By MonkeyStepsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 294, member since Wed Dec 15, 2010
On Sat Oct 19, 2013 09:13 PM
Daryl for me too, though I do like most of the others as well! I'm having a temporary soft spot for Shane because I high-fived the actor who plays him (Jon Bernthal) a couple of weeks ago :P
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:11 PM
Love this show! It took me a while to get into it but now I really like it.

I like Daryl...who doesn't? I don't think he's all that attractive like a lot of other people, but he's a good leader and has a great heart. And I also love Maggie and Glen!

Can't wait til tomorrow's episode...
Spoiler: Show
because I'm dying to find out what happened to the guy who died in the shower. Some people are saying their water is bad, some are saying it's ebola...we'll see.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 02:02 PM
I LOVE The Walking Dead. Love it. Last Christmas break, my roommate said "Hey, let's check out this show. We'll just watch one episode." Haha. The rest is history. It was actually a huge accomplishment for me because I got so badly traumatized by a zombie movie as a child that I couldn't ever even watch comedic zombie movies or commercials or anything.

Glenn and Maggie are my favorites. I love Maggie. I also love Rick. I miss Shane because I loved the dynamic between the two of them. They were SO similar before the apocalypse, both kinda-sorta decent guys. Yet, Rick stepped up and has become a great leader and good father, and Shane...well, :P

Krystal wrote:

Love this show! It took me a while to get into it but now I really like it.

I like Daryl...who doesn't? I don't think he's all that attractive like a lot of other people, but he's a good leader and has a great heart. And I also love Maggie and Glen!

Can't wait til tomorrow's episode...
because I'm dying to find out what happened to the guy who died in the shower. Some people are saying their water is bad, some are saying it's ebola...we'll see.

Haha, I was one that thought it was ebola, but now I'm second guessing myself. I don't ever remember reading about ebola in the US when I studied diseases, and with literally nobody traveling, how would it be spread? My mom thinks it is swine flu but that doesn't explain why he was bleeding out of his eyes and feet. Apparently we're supposed to find out tonight what it is! I'm also curious as to why nobody else is sick. Patrick was noticeably ill in the afternoon, during story time. We saw the other characters throughout the day and well into the night, not so much as a sniffle.
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Tue Oct 22, 2013 08:45 PM
I love the baby too- hahha I guess we all forget about sickness when zombies are running around.

Does anyone also think what type of weapon they would like to have? Me personally, would want a sharp pole or a bow :)

Po
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Tue Oct 22, 2013 09:36 PM
I have been obsessed with post-apocalyptic stuff, including zombies, way before TWD came out. But once it hit the mainstream I was beyond excited!

I don't know how far everyone is in the show so I am going to try my best not to spoil anything.

Anyway, I love Daryl, hate Lori, frustrated/annoyed with Rick and BEYOND sick of Andrea.

I already have my Walker contingency plan ready ;) but really, I do haha

I can't say that I was happy to see Lori die, but her character was just done in general. Rick needs to get over himself. He WANTED things to be a Ricktatorship and now he is being a giant idiot. Carol, who has finally gotten less whinny and weak, needs to go up to Rick and tell him what she told those little girls "you're weak".

Andrea needed to go. Even sooner than she did. She was just a ridiculous character and I couldn't stand her and her stupidity.

Before Sunday's episode I thought that maybe someone was harvesting the virus from the Walkers. Maybe through their blood or saliva or something, and poisoning the pigs.

We've already seen that Walkers will eat animals, but the animals don't turn. So it really would be a good way to poison people. But it would be impossible to know how much to give the animals so that they are infect enough to poison humans who eat them, but not enough that they show signs of being sick and/or dying.

Also, I feel like they are just being absolutely stupid in a lot of ways. The smartest thing would be for everyone to lock themselves in their cells at night.

That way if there is an outbreak, like the one that happened, it would be contained. If walkers got in from the outside, it would actually be really easy to pick them off as they tried, and failed, to get in through the steel doors. It would be tedious, but it could be done.

Also, outside of the prison they should have set up traps like the one that that guy from the 1st episode set up. When Rick, Carl and Michone went back he had put rats in cages and set up spikes around the cages.

The Walkers try to get the rats and impale themselves on the spikes and get stuck so they are easier to kill. Why the heck hasn't this been done at the prison!? It would take care of SO many problems!
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Wed Oct 23, 2013 09:00 AM
Haha Kayla, yes I remember seeing your facebook post about it! A few people on twitter thought that too. Pretty interesting.

Sunday's episode was SO sad! I had a friend texting me when Rick was throwing the pigs to the walkers, and she's all "I'm sooo gonna cry right now!" I really was on the verge of tears. It broke my heart and you could see the pain on his face as he did it.

I just don't know what they're going to do. Basically now everyone can die at any second, they have no pigs for food anymore, and they're obviously going to be overrun by walkers at the prison. We all know they're going to have to get out of there, but HOW?

I just know someone important is going to die and probably soon.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Wed Oct 23, 2013 09:14 AM
Can we talk about the preview for next week? They gave us an exact count of how many walkers were on the road!

7,600 walkers! When they pan out it is so intense! Those walkers could level the prison so easily.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Thu Oct 24, 2013 01:59 PM
Edited by Brittany (36942) on 2013-10-24 14:00:53
I didn't have any internet last weekend so I've got to get caught up. The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows, been watching it since the beginning.

Side note - A lot of the episodes are filmed around my hometown. The scene in the previous season where Shane and and Otis go to get supplies is at my old high school. A lot of my friends on FB who still live there talk about seeing the actor that plays Daryl around quite often. Think one got to interact with the woman who plays Carol as well.

I had a soft spot for Meryl when he came back around.
On Sat Nov 02, 2013 07:10 PM
My best friend lives in Atlanta and went to Walker-Stalkerthon. He knows Steve Yeun is my be-all, end-all crush, so he got the first comic and had him sign it for me!!!!!!

Image hotlink - 'http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/KaylaBeanie/TWDcomic_zpsd08a6c84.jpeg'
On Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 PM
So what did everyone think of to nights episode?
I feel like Rick made the wrong choice with Karen. more and more I am seeing that she has a better grasp of what needs to be done.

Rick is soooo concerned with being the good guy that he is going to get them all killed. At the start of the series he was amazing, but now I am just to sick of him. :/

It's like she is the ONLY one who learned anything from the first outbreak. Those who are infected need to be quarantined in LOCKED cells. If they get better great, if not they need to be taken care of right away.

I hope we see Karen again soon.

I loved the interaction between Daryl and the drunk who almost got them all killed.
On Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:17 AM
Spiorad wrote:

So what did everyone think of to nights episode?
I feel like Rick made the wrong choice with Karen. more and more I am seeing that she has a better grasp of what needs to be done.

Rick is soooo concerned with being the good guy that he is going to get them all killed. At the start of the series he was amazing, but now I am just to sick of him. :/

It's like she is the ONLY one who learned anything from the first outbreak. Those who are infected need to be quarantined in LOCKED cells. If they get better great, if not they need to be taken care of right away.

I hope we see Karen again soon.

I loved the interaction between Daryl and the drunk who almost got them all killed.

Do you mean Carol? :P

I agree with you, but I don't think Rick is necessarily trying to be a hero. I think he may ultimately be protecting her. Tyreese is going to be furious. I completely think Carol did the right thing, but I also don't necessarily think that Rick was wrong, if that makes sense.
On Mon Nov 04, 2013 07:56 AM
Edited by Krystal (73000) on 2013-11-04 07:57:08
I completely think Carol did the right thing, but I also don't necessarily think that Rick was wrong, if that makes sense.

Agreed.

I wasn't expecting for Rick to leave Carol behind. I'm so nervous for her. I know she's a strong, tough lady but come on. She's going to be completely alone. I do see why it had to be done though. It just makes me sad!

By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Mon Nov 04, 2013 05:00 PM
I guess I will follow the trend of putting everything behind spoilers, lol.

I have this feeling for some reason that Daryl is going to be really upset about the whole Carol thing. I don't know why, but I always just felt like Carol and Daryl understood each other on a deeper level in some way. Or is that totally in my head?

And ok, I am just going to say it... I am bored with the show right now and find myself just super annoyed with almost all the characters. The only ones that I like aren't getting much screentime or they seem to be trying to get rid of... but certainly Glenn will not be killed off, right? They aren't following the original comics so I really have no clue. I guess that is one good thing about the show, I don't know what will happen

Also, I have had it with the terrible product placement.
On Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 PM
I guess I will follow the trend of putting everything behind spoilers, lol.

I just don't went to get yelled at for ruining it for somebody :P

But what you said about Carol and Daryl...I totally agree.
On Tue Nov 05, 2013 07:40 PM
I cant wait for this weeks episode. I love Daryl. That man has some guns I would like to squeeze. He is really not all that handsome, but he has a nice set of arms :)

[spoiler ] I feel like all of you in regards to what happened to Carol. I also feel that Carol and Daryl are going to get together :) Or maybe Michone and Daryl?? My thinking is Carol with probably meet up with the Gov. and ?[/spoiler ]

Po
On Sun Nov 17, 2013 08:13 PM
Thoughts on tonight's episode?

Without using spoilers, I'll give my thoughts!

1) Lots of people were hating it...I kept reading the twitter feed throughout the show.
2) I thought it was fairly interesting. It gave a good insight to what goes on in his mind.
3) Governor with a beard > Governor without a beard.

Okay one spoiler:

It was pretty hilarious when The Governor fell into the walker trap...that he made.

Kayla, where are you at?! :D
On Sun Nov 17, 2013 09:42 PM
Haha, I had company and we always watch The Walking Dead, Talking Dead, then the episode again :P

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this episode. I loved the pace of it. I loved the character development. This was absolutely, without a doubt, the very last direction I expected them to go. In the beginning, when he woke up alone in his tent and the music started, we were like "Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? As if!" And by the end, I did feel bad for him. I feel like David Morrissey did a great job explaining it on Talking Dead. If what the Gov did at the end of last season wasn't premeditated (he said it wasn't), it makes total sense that he would have had what was akin to a breakdown.

I'm very curious to see what happens. I have no idea what direction they'll take this, for maybe the first time ever.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Sun Dec 01, 2013 07:47 PM
NOOOO !!!!

Hershel :*(
By Rosiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4094, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:22 PM
Wow, I think that tonight's episode was one of the best, if not the best of the season! So dramatic and emotional.

I am so sad about Hershel! He's such a father figure and a source of stability on the show. :( It'll be super interesting to see where they end up living now that the prison is done with. Such a twist to add in on a finale.
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 01:10 PM
Last night's episode made me cry. That is all. Well, except for this:

THANK GOD the Governor is dead. It's about time.
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 03:16 PM
... I don't know why the heck I put "Karen" all over my last post, way on up there, instead of "Carol"... I was in shock from the episode? lol

So sad about Grandpappi :( but I saw it coming. I am glad the kids are finally stepping up. I know, I know, they should be kids and all that junk. Well its the Zombie apocalypse. They are liabilities if they cant hold their own. Sucks about Little Ass Kicker, but once again they're better with out her.

There are just so many things that I don't understand about how things were run at the prison.

Rick SAW how that guy from season 1 (the black guy from the first episode) hunkared down and made his area safe.

He put rats in cages and put spikes around the cages. The walkers got stuck & were no problem to take care of. So WHY didn't he do something like that at the prison!?

When people started getting sick I just wanted to scream "DID YOU ALL LEARN NOTHING FROM THE LAST PLAGUE!?"

I am so glad the Governor is finally dead. Its about dang time.

I am kinda sad though because if all goes well with my study abroad I wont be here to see the next half of the season!
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 05:49 PM
Ok, so now that I can speak more coherently... I totally started tearing up while watching The Talking Dead, did anyone else watch it? Seeing the actual actors get emotional totally made me sad.

Maybe I should have seen the Hershel thing coming, but I didn't. In the comic I believe he dies quite a bit before where we are right now in the show, so I guess it makes sense. However, I believe that the character Dale in the comics lasted until almost the end, so I was hoping that Hershel was sort of taking on that role. I am not super familiar with the comics, but I just had kind of figured that since the writer of the comics is the head writer of the show that they would follow it kind of closely. I guess when you have different actors and personalities you kind of have to go with the flow. I think that is what happened with Dale, something didn't work out with the actual actor, which sucks because I loved that character. I am just really glad that something has really changed to get me excited about the show again. I was getting really bored and sick and tired of all of the arguing without anyone really doing anything. I can't wait until we find out who all got split up and if they all find each other! Like Lauren Cohan (Maggie) said "Everyone kept getting off the bus, it was really annoying!"
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 09:18 PM
It was mentioned that the prison is located off of Highway 34 which is the highway the road I grew up on was directly off of. =)

Definitely the best episode of the season and it's got me anticipating the hell out of February. So glad the Governor is dead and I enjoyed the meaning behind what's her face killing him but I really wish Michone would have been the one to finish him off. I was scared for Rick for a second and should have remembered to have faith in her. Herschel's death killed/s me...I saw it coming because he is such a relief character and he's going to be a hard loss for the group in their rebuilding. I'm wondering if they all had some escape plan that the bus and the rest will meet up somewhere or if they are all getting split again. Can't wait to see where they end up and figure out the story with Judith.

The two little blonde girls? What badasses.
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:17 PM
Below spoiler.

I think we'll see them reconvene at the farm. It seems like they had a plan in place, and it's the only place they know other than the prison. Driving around is just too dangerous. I also think that we'll run into Carol there, since the only real places she could have gone (feasibly) would be the farm or to stay in that neighborhood Rick abandoned her in.

I loved the episode because it was so emotional and so close to the comics. This may make me a horrible person, but a part of me hopes that Judith is actually dead. That was such a bold move in the comics and came into play later on, emotionally speaking. It would be a cheap shot if they made us think she was dead for two months and then said "LOL JK!" Not to mention, a close up of the carseat shows a LOT of blood. This is a dark, dark show/comic series and I think that if we're going to go ahead in the story, viewers have to be able to deal with the dark deaths that comic readers are used to. It would be doing a disservice to candy coat the TV show.

I wish Lilly hadn't offed the Gov. Michonne got him well enough that he would die. I was hoping the walkers would get a few painful bites in before someone shot him.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch