Forum: Arts / Movies & TV

Movies & TV
Netflicks or hulu recommendations please?
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:05 AM

Can you guys recommend a TV series to start at Netflicks? I just watched all of gossip girl, and I want something " fluffy" like that.

10 Replies to Netflicks or hulu recommendations please?

re: Netflicks or hulu recommendations please?
By IvoryCiaramember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 267, member since Sat Nov 20, 2004
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 02:52 AM
Parks and Recreation is my go-to happy show.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 08:30 AM
I don't know what a "fluffy" show is and have never seen Gossip Girl..but I just got through Orange is the New Black. Loved it! It's way more raunchy than shows I usually watch but it had a good story line and interesting characters.

Also, not recommending it, but a ton of my friends are in love with Army Wives...I refuse to watch because I know how inaccurate of a portrayal it gives military wives. So...meh. If you like drama then go for it ;)

I'm also looking for a new series so I'll be following this thread.
By slice Comments: 1247, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 09:03 AM
IvoryCiara wrote:

Parks and Recreation is my go-to happy show.

Yes yes and a thousand times yes. Parks and Recreation is hilarious. It's now up there with Seinfeld as my favorite and funniest shows, which is no small feat. Funnier than The Office even imo. Warning, the first season does take a while to get into. The second season is where it really gets good. 30 Rock is great. I've heard good things about Arrested Development. I've been re-watching episodes of The League, which is hilarious, but it's very much dude humor.

You might like New Girl. It's kind of deadpan like the above shows, but there's more romantic happenings. Same with How I Met Your Mother. Also The Mindy Project has gotten good reviews (it should be on Hulu).
By Claritinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2100, member since Tue Aug 30, 2005
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 AM
Krystal wrote:

I don't know what a "fluffy" show is and have never seen Gossip Girl..but I just got through Orange is the New Black. Loved it! It's way more raunchy than shows I usually watch but it had a good story line and interesting characters.

Ooh Orange is the New Black is so good and definitely worth being checked out, but not fluffy in the least lol.

I've also never never seen Gossip Girl so I don't really know what it's like/what your definition of "fluffy" is. What other shows have you seen and liked?

Ditto-ing Parks and Rec. Slice mentioned Arrested Development which is also really funny, but the material is fairly dense. It's one of those shows that is good the first time, but even better upon rewatching because there is so much more you'll catch the second time through.

If you can find the pilot for The Mindy Project, I'd say that's a pretty fair representation of how the rest of the show is. Her character is similar to her character on The Office (Kelly) which made hesitant to watch a whole show centered around her, but she is a lot smarter and has a lot more depth on this show. I'm glad I gave it a shot because it's pretty funny.

I just finished watching Ugly Betty on Netflix, which I enjoyed. The plot lines can be pretty absurd, but I actually thought that kind of added to the comedic element. Scrubs is funny and pretty goofy. I'd probably call it pretty "fluffy" although since it's set in a hospital, it has the right amount of heavy, too. Malcolm in the Middle is pretty light and goofy, but not for everyone.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 02:22 PM
Is the Vampire Diaries on Netflix? Because that is totally like Gossip Girl and I have a couple friends who are totally obsessed with it.
By slice Comments: 1247, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 02:33 PM
Megan wrote:

Is the Vampire Diaries on Netflix? Because that is totally like Gossip Girl and I have a couple friends who are totally obsessed with it.

It is! Which I'm just finding out now and have just lost so much productivity for the week already lol.

Vampire Diaries would definitely be up your alley as a Gossip Girl fan.

How about 90210? That's also on Netflix. Not my cup of tea at all, but it seems like it's along the same vein as GG.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 03:36 PM
I haven't watched Gossip Girl, but my newest favorite show I started on Netflix is New Girl with Zooey Deschanel. It's such a fun quirky show. I'm also into How I Met Your Mother, and watching the last few seasons of 30 Rock. I haven't gotten into Parks and Recreation, but maybe I'll give it another try eventually.

My very favorite show Leverage just came on Hulu Plus...seasons 1-5. I am in heaven.
By jazzpanda Comments: 36, member since Fri Aug 31, 2012
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 04:19 PM
I've been watching Psych and I think it's hilarious! I'm not sure what you mean by fluffy though, but I would try it!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 04:22 PM
^I love Psych!
By UnderwaterBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2378, member since Mon Jun 09, 2003
On Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 AM
I third the Psych vote - funny, easy to watch and only has a mild plot line throughout the series so you don't have to follow anything too closely. Not as much of the drama side of things though.

ReplySendWatch