Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

Pas De Deux
Lifts
By Erks Comments: 1, member since Thu Oct 24, 2013
On Thu Oct 24, 2013 04:56 PM

I am a high level ballet dancer still in high school. We are doing a musical called fame which has ballet in it. My teacher wants a nice big lift. My partner is very strong and I trust him completely but knows nothing about ballet. I'm looking for impressive a bit on the easier side lifts from a standing position. Lists of lifts would be greatly appreciated especially with pictures

2 Replies to Lifts

re: Lifts
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2214, member since Thu Dec 20, 2007
On Thu Oct 24, 2013 07:51 PM
Find a ballet teacher to teach the two of you pas de deux. It's OK he doesn't know much about ballet. He doesn't have to do the ballet himself, he just has to help you (and lift you) while you do it. The man's role in PDD is almost completely different from doing ballet yourself. And plenty of times, a complete beginner has made a decent partner, with a bit of training.
re: Lifts
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 PM
I concur. A teacher trained in pas de deux would help you both figure out the best and easiest way to do an impressive lift. Looking at pictures and figuring it out is a good way to injure your partner or put yourself in an unsafe or unstable position. Plus an instructor will show you how to finesse the lift to look either more impressive or easier than it would be with you trying to figure it out.

ReplySendWatch