Forum: Adults / 20 Something

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Er. Boobs.
By glitterfairyPremium member
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 03:04 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2013-10-25 22:25:22 fixed!

I cometh back to DDN for a very important question (clearly).

I'm turning 27 soon, and I feel like my boobs are growing out of control *sheepish expression*. I haven't gained weight - if anything, I've lost weight over the past few years! I've also been off the pill for almost a decade.

Around my early 20s I was wearing a 36C but was fitted properly several ago as a 34DD...then last year as a 30E...but am currently a 30F. It's getting stupidly expensive, to put it mildly.

Will take myself off for a blood test soon, but was just wondering if anyone else's breasts are continuing to grow in their late 20s? Or are mine just severely overenthusiastic?

MESSAGE TO TEENAGE LURKERS:
I was an A-cup from 12 to 18 (6 years!), then a C-cup from 18-21. Yes! Boobs really do continue growing! :D

40 Replies to Er. Boobs.

re: Er. Boobs.
By hummingbird
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 08:14 AM
Mine did, I always put it down to having kids, I've had four, perhaps I was way off the mark in blaming them and it was all just me!

I was an 30 AA when I was 19, that went up to an 32 A when I was 25 (two kids later) and to a 34 B when I was about 35. I'm now in my mid forties a 32 C.

From my experience (I hate to say it) they sort of keep growing.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 08:23 AM
Mine have just kind of kept growing too. Slowly, at least, but yeah. And even weirder is this: I've been 5'3" since junior high, but sometime in the past year or two, I have grown an entire inch and am now 5'4". I'm 26! Too bizarre.
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 09:31 AM
It's nuts, but it's true.

I grew taller in college...I was already tall, now I'm even taller.

My build is tall, lanky, small boned...but somehow I ended up with curves. I graduated high school barely filling an 34A bra. About ten years later here I am in a 34DD. It has been a pretty steady progression, I gained a little weight, lost a little weight, definitely haven't been pregnant...the weight never seemed to affect my boobs though.

I was discouraged in high school about my small chest...if only I'd known! Clothes shopping is even MORE difficult now. :?
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 09:45 AM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2013-10-25 09:48:15
I am only 23 but mine seem to be getting bigger. I remember in sex health class in college, they said women go through a " second puberty" around 25 where some women got larger chests and put weight around their hips. I can't remember if there is an official term for it, but something about hormones and how fat distributes into different areas unlike in high school.

I had a 34 A cup in high school. Now I am a 30 DD. which means I lost all over fat, but somehow my cup size just grew bigger. I have bottom heavy breasts so they don't look large, but I do fill out my bra.

Not sure if this is a blessing. I am a thin thing with large breasts, which looks nice, but it is super uncomfortable running and working out without the proper expensive sport bras. Forget ever wearing those cute shirts without backs because I need a bra. I feel like I need a " boob job" to even out my breasts. They are so low on my body because they are bottom heavy, and they look like they are already sagging and I am only 23!
re: Er. Boobs. (karma: 1)
By HollieErin
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:51 PM
Yep- 27 and just had to go get fitted for new bras. I looked in the mirror one morning and thought that I was nuts, when my husband saw me later he was like 'ummm when did those get so big?', got refitted apparently not crazy.

I was about a 30-32AA/A when I was 18, now I'm a 32 C/D. Seriously ladies where were you when I was depressed about you all those years ago! Thanks for making an appearance now.
By MonkeyStepsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 03:28 PM
Edited by MonkeySteps (229051) on 2013-10-25 16:03:11
Megan wrote:

Mine have just kind of kept growing too. Slowly, at least, but yeah. And even weirder is this: I've been 5'3" since junior high, but sometime in the past year or two, I have grown an entire inch and am now 5'4". I'm 26! Too bizarre.

I'm still growing, heightwise, and I'm 25! I stopped growing at about 11, then in the last 18 months I've grown just over 2 inches and it's still slowly creeping up!

On the other hand, I was briefly a 34D at 16 and can get away with a 32C when not in my best dance shape, but generally it's more like 32B and they barely even look like an A most of the time.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 03:55 PM
Mine are still growing too. It's frustrating!

Can I suggest one thing: armour bra. It's a sports bra that's so comfortable I wear it most days. I got it for $50 on special and its saved me. I play a lot of sports and its AMAZING. I now wear it to work when I'm working event shifts!
By glitterfairyPremium member
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 08:27 PM
HollieErin wrote:

Seriously ladies where were you when I was depressed about you all those years ago! Thanks for making an appearance now.

ahahah this is EXACTLY how I feel, except as a teen I only ever wanted to be a C cup!

Thanks for all the comments, ladies. I am thrilled to hear I'm not alone, slightly terrified to hear they'll get bigger if I ever have children, and thrilled all over again to think that I might grow upwards in addition to outwards sometime in the future (I'm about 5'1", so I'll take anything in the upwards direction I can get).
By hummingbird
On Sat Oct 26, 2013 06:16 PM
HollieErin wrote:

I was about a 30-32AA/A when I was 18, now I'm a 32 C/D. Seriously ladies where were you when I was depressed about you all those years ago! Thanks for making an appearance now.

I only managed to get out of the 'My first bra' section just before I joined DDN and I already had four kids, imagine how depressing that was!
By dancin_til_death
On Sat Oct 26, 2013 09:35 PM
I want bigger boobs too!

Also it could be a side effect of change in medications, the pill is the usual suspect.
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 PM
Hormones have an effect but it seems random. Some people gain boobs with pregnancy and keep them, some gain but then they shrink back, or even shrink back smaller. Some don't gain much regardless and some just keep growing regardless. Menopause seems to have equally varying effects. Oddly, I've had about the same Dolly Parton body since I was about 14 or 15, though these days I sag more. Pushups do make a difference in chest and upper back muscles, therefore an increase in bra size, but that doesn't effect the boobs per se.

So if your body has been getting more toned and your boobs are continuing to grow -- count your blessings. Lots of women would love to have this problem.
By RifleBuddy
On Sun Oct 27, 2013 01:37 PM
Oh yes. I was a 34/36B (depending on the brand) from about 18 to 25. During that summer, my boobs shot up to a 34DD. And my hips got a size bigger despite my diet and exercise levels staying the same. This is not something they ever covered in health class!
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 27, 2013 02:44 PM
I'm glad it's not just me. I think mine grow daily. I have a co-worker who feels the need to let me know it, too. Jeez. I wish they'd start shrinking rather than growing. They're damn big enough at 36D. Mind you, I was a 36B til I started college.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:09 PM
I know I've posted about this before but as someone who has become REALLY passionate about correctly fitted bras I need to plug reddit.com . . ..
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 06, 2013 05:33 PM
^I'll second ABTF on Reddit, although I find it has some issues as well. I find them a little too militant about the "very snug" measurement on A Sophisticated Pair's calculator.

I think for women with fairly bony ribcages, they advise way too tight of a band and it really hurts. I measure 27" in my ribs and I'm seriously the most comfortable in a 30 band, not a 28. The ABTF recommendation of +0 really only works on women with squishy ribcages or very very heavy breasts; I do think a +2 works very well on bony ribcages and not so heavy breasts.

I'm collaborating with an ABTF member on a series of articles on bra fittings (unfortunately it's for a Chinese technology site so it's not in English) that combines findings and experience from both ABTF and Asian bra fitting forums. Maybe one day when I have time I'll translate the series and post it on DDN. :)

A lot of times I don't really think it's people getting skinnier with bigger boobs, but rather they find the correct size. I wore a 34D forever and I was fitted at a 30F(UK 30E) half a year ago. Now that cups are not too shallow for me, I found that I'm growing into a 30G(UK 30F) purely from not wearing too-small cups that compress.

Now to answer the OP's questions (and btw long time no see to glitterfairy), I was fairly flat until I was 18. During college I gained some weight all around and wore a 34D (although in retrospect I was probably more like a 34F). Over the past year I dropped a lot of weight (about 15-20 pounds) and got correctly fitted into a 30F and I already mentioned from the lack of compression I'm now better off in a 30G.
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Nov 22, 2013 02:08 AM
I spent over $100 on 34DDD bras and now apparently we've gone up a size AGAIN. Seriously, ladies, cut it out!!
By RifleBuddy
On Fri Nov 22, 2013 07:38 AM
I know, Heart! I wouldn't mind my breasts being so indecisive about size if it didn't cost so much every time they changed!
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Dec 08, 2013 01:41 PM
Still paying off my reduction, ended up costing 12K. Will be a long time before it is paid off. Dumb boobs.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 09, 2013 06:56 PM
At the beginning of October I was a 36DD.

However after two months of no BC, healthy eating, and daily workouts, they've gone down to a C cup (I'm guessing). I haven't measured myself since May, but none of my bras fit anymore. They're way too big.

I'm so hesitant to start replacing them because when I found out I was DD back in May, I replaced all my bras with ones that actually fit. They're freaking expensive! I've just been wearing sports bras lately until they settle down. :P
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 09, 2013 07:56 PM
Krystal, you are way too tiny to ever be considered a 36 band. I totally recommend measuring yourself on the subreddit reddit.com . . . using their measuring guide.
On Mon Dec 09, 2013 09:23 PM
^I might not be a 36" band anymore...I'd be curious to find out. I think it was you a few months ago who posted the link to the bra sizing, right? I measured myself in May and always thought I was a 38C but according to that website I came out to being a 36DD!

Now though I have no idea what I am. I need to go get a measuring tape and do this again!
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:33 AM
Krystal. For frame of reference, I think we are FB friends and you have seen my photos. I am a 30 band, and judging from your photos I don't think you are anywhere near a 36/38 band.

I would maybe have someone at a specality store measure you. Good fitting bras are amazing!
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Dec 10, 2013 07:10 AM
I agree, Krystal. You are definitely not wide enough around your ribcage to need a 36 band! Just comparison, there's a popular blog called Fuller Figure, Fuller Bust (which has tons of great reviews of bigger bras, many of which come in small bands too) and the blogger there is a 36 band: fullerfigurefullerbust.com
to see photos.

She's a very lovely girl but from your photos I think you are much smaller than she is around your ribcage.
On Tue Dec 10, 2013 08:55 AM
Wow, thanks guys! Does Victoria's Secret count as a specialty store? I know there's some debate about how accurate they are but it's the only place I can think of in this town that would measure.

When I tell people say what size clothes I wear they're always like, "REALLY?! Never would have guessed." I guess I don't feel I appear smaller than that because I definitely have a chest...and hips. I'll get sized again in the next few days and report back! :)
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch