Forum: General / Contests

Contests
7th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest (karma: 1)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Oct 27, 2013 03:25 AM
Edited by panic (116436) on 2013-10-27 03:26:17 forgot to add the end date!

It's that time of year! By now, you know the drill. Sing something pretty or sing something funny and then shoot us a link in this thread. I will bestow awards for best performance AND for funniest performance. Plus, everyone who enters will get some well-deserved karma from yours truly.

Contest ends November 15.

Here's a link to the 2012 DDN Karaoke Contest
www.dance.net . . .

Don't be a douche. Sing.

11 Replies to 7th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest

re: 7th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest
By LeSoulierVertmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1392, member since Sat Feb 05, 2005
On Mon Oct 28, 2013 04:12 AM
Hey, I'm super excited for this! Do we have to sing with a karaoke backing track or can we sing a cappella as well?
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:31 AM
Well, until now, the rules required a backing track. But if you want to record something acapella, I say go for it.
re: 7th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest (karma: 1)
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Wed Nov 13, 2013 08:36 PM
Edited by AlwaysOnStage (90901) on 2013-11-13 20:39:09 Technical Problems
Edited by AlwaysOnStage (90901) on 2013-11-13 21:15:31
I've been working on this all week!

www.youtube.com . . . <---Old, sucky link.

Edit: Oops, it cropped funny, and only has the first half. I'm working on fixing it.

WHOO! Shiny new link! Click it, you know you want to hear!

www.youtube.com . . .
On Thu Nov 14, 2013 01:24 AM
Awesome, AlwaysOnStage! That song has been stuck in my brain for the past two weeks for no good reason. Now I'll never get it out of my head. SUPER-great job though. The bar has been set, ladies and germs. And it's a pretty high bar! But remember the goal is just to have fun so don't be intimidated.

OMG, I just realized I said the competition ends Nov 15. Crap, I meant Dec 15. I haven't even had time to record anything yet, and I know how everyone looks forward to my recordings every year. Right? Right? Right?
re: 7th Annual DDN Karaoke Contest (karma: 1)
By LeSoulierVertmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1392, member since Sat Feb 05, 2005
On Thu Nov 14, 2013 06:54 AM
Here's my first. Think I might do a few more. That was fun!

soundcloud.com . . .
On Thu Dec 19, 2013 08:00 PM
^That was amazing.

OK, I have a song picked out, but I haven't had time to record it. I'm going to leave this contest open until after the new year because I have done a TERRIBLE job of promoting it. And I think we should move next year's contest to June or July instead of during the holiday season. Thoughts?
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Fri Dec 20, 2013 06:14 AM
Seconded. I always start preparing stuff right before October because I know it's coming, and then October hits and it's Busy-busy-busy-busy forever.
By Sumayah Comments: 6945, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sat Dec 21, 2013 07:56 AM
June or July. Definitely! And Panic, you owe me a Dr. Horrible duet! Here's the question... do I get to be Dr. Horrible or Penny?
On Wed Feb 12, 2014 01:52 AM
Wow, I've neglected this contest like nobody's business. And I didn't even record an entry this year. That makes me sad. :( I have ALWAYS entered the DDN karaoke contest. And most of the time, I either won it or everyone agreed that I SHOULD HAVE won it. I think we all agree this contest needs to be moved to June instead of December. And my goal is to put together a committee (of past contest winners maybe?) to officiate. Oz_helen did SUCH a great job of running this contest for so many years, I want to make sure it continues.

OK, but since we only had two entries this year, I can't really pick a winner. Both entries were AMAZING. So LeSoulierVert, I'm buying you a premium DDN membership. Congratulations. You have a beautiful voice.

And AlwaysOnStage, you're already a premium member, so we'll have to work something out. I owe you ten bucks. I loved your song too. I'll send you a PM, and we'll work something out.

So this year's karaoke contest sucked, but it was 100% my fault. I totally dropped the ball. We're going to fix these problems, and we're going to start fresh in a few months. Thanks to everyone who participated.
On Wed Feb 12, 2014 01:59 AM
Interesting. AlwaysOnStage has blocked me so I can't send her a private message. I was going to mail her a gift certificate, but now I guess I won't bother. Congratulations anyway, AlwaysOnStage. And enjoy your premium membership, LeSoulierVert.
On Thu Feb 13, 2014 03:30 AM
Wow! Thank you so much panic. That's awesome!!

We should have an open practice thread.

ReplySendWatch