Forum: Irish / Irish

Ideas for a fun evening for my adult dancers? ID related.
By rosalinde
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 02:45 AM

Last weekend my adult dancers did a show. We got paid for it, and I want to share the profits with them. But if I just split the money between them, it would come to a negligable amount per person. So they suggested having a fun evening together with the money.

Instead of just going out to dinner together or bowling or something, I'd love to organise something creatieve and Irish Dance related. But I'm clueless as to what I could do.

The dancers range from Beginner to Open Champion. Most do competitions, some do not. Only a few do (or will ever do) Oireachtas. Ages range from 19 to 48.

Does anyone have ideas for a fun Irish Dance related activity? Preferably at someone's house and doable in the evening (due to some having children).

4 Replies to Ideas for a fun evening for my adult dancers? ID related.

re: Ideas for a fun evening for my adult dancers? ID related.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 06:49 AM
Our go-to girls' night is dinner together, watching Jig and doing nails together (I'm the one who schleps over 100+ nail polishes, but I'm sure you could pool your resources if there isn't a polish hound in your number). It's a nice way to unwind and do something for our bodies when we're so used to beating them up in class :)
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:22 AM
Is there an Irish pub and/or a Celtic music group in your area? We enjoy going to McNamara's in Nashville, for example. We also enjoy going to the weekly/monthly jam sessions held at area coffee shops or restaurants. It is fun to eat, talk, and dance.

The JIG, nails, and dinner night sounds fun, too.
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:23 PM
What about a relaxing "spa" night. You could hold it at someone's house and give yourselves face masks, put cucummbers on your eyes and, like was said earlier, do each other's nails.

I don't know if you have a WalMart where you live but they have different types of face masks for under $2 and you can probably get 2 or 3 faces done out of the package.

While it's not necessarily an Irish dance theme, as Irish dancers we're all stressed and could use some relaxation!
By califeisgirl
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 01:57 PM
We've done a couple meetups at our local pub, because it is way more pub than American Bar. The dance school performs there regularly on Sunday, and about once every other month I dub it "Adult Class" Sunday and we perform. It is great because they can bring families to the event, enjoy some irish music and get some dancing (and sometimes drinking) in.

ReplySendWatch