Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Hana Hou! (karma: 1)
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:12 AM
For my mother who only JUST found out she's referred to as Blasian!

Funniest conversation EVER.
Mom: So I got the calcium supplement for the osteoporosis so it should help they said.
Me: Statistically I heard Asian females have a higher risk factor for osteoporosis.
Mom: Yeah, I know.
Me: I guess it even affects Blasians...
Mom: :blank expression: WTH is that?
Me: What?
Mom: Blasians?
Me: Um, that's you, mom.
Mom: What does that mean?
Me: Black and Asian!
Mom: :blink blink blink: That word doesn't exist!
Me: It does so! (Now I'm laughing!)
Mom: It does not!
Me: Yes, it does!
Mom: Well that's racist! What do they call people who are white and Asian?
Me: Eurasian.
Mom: ...I'm not putting that on a census form!
Hahahaha!!!
re: Hana Hou!
On Tue Feb 18, 2014 07:09 PM
This might have some serious errors. I'm typing it out on my phone. I feel close to normal now and am no longer feeling 'weird'.

Sunday. I woke up feeling sick. Stomach was just totally off. I decided I wanted to run to the store to grab some stuff. Husband told me not to bring our son so I could concentrate to get what I need. Taking our son into any store is like a Black Ops mission. Get in, grab what you need and get out fast. Well he must have known my stomach couldn't handle the fast sprint needed to get through a store with our son. He asked me if I wanted him to go instead? I was like, nah I'm okay.

I go to the store. I get nearly everything I need in record time. I needed to go to another store I knew to get these particular GF products not carried in that store. I still needed one or two more things from that store...

Walking, trying to make up my mind about what else I needed to get walking up on the side of me is that guy that kind of stalked me the first year and a half I lived here. He walked right up on the side of me and is looking right into my face. My arms felt cold at the sight of him.

To paraphrase the conversation, he tells me I'm more beautiful than ever (ugh) and asks if I'm still married. Meanwhile I'm high tailing it to check-out!!!

I said yes, still very married and walk away to check out. He follows me telling me I should go to his gym and what he's doing in his life and bla bla bla... So he goes away... No, he didn't.

My stomach is bubbling as I stand at checkout because I realize he went to the checkout right next to mine. He has ONE product, I have like eight or nine. Why is he taking so long to pay the checkout girl?! (This is all observed out of the corner of my eye.)

I pay for my stuff and then he finally 'finds' his card and pays for his. I go to the front of the store and park myself right on a bench. My instincts tell me to do this. I'm glad I did.

I sit there, pull out my phone and wait. And then he waits. He's standing there looking at me. I pretend I'm engrossed in whatever I'm reading on my phone. My big thing at that point is staying in the public eye.

So he walks up the left side of the store but I know this guy and I decided to wait. He walks back again. He's waiting for me to walk to my car so he can follow me. It's happened before.

I wait another few minutes and he finally leaves the store. I wait five more minutes and I'm tempted to ask someone to walk me to my car. But I can't seem to get the words out. "I just saw my old stalker and I don't want to walk to my car alone." It sounds like one of those awful Lifetime movie of the week moments!

Anyway, I walk out of the store watching my back, jumping for the rest of my time outside if someone walks too close and I don't see them fast enough.

My husband doesn't want me to go to that store any longer since that seems to be the common denominator when I've usually run into that psycho.

I'm still a little paranoid when I go outside now!
On Tue Mar 18, 2014 07:50 AM
I'm afraid to type this...

I think we're closing on the house this week... I think... My stomach has become a Hurt Factory. My poor husband vacillates between hope, joy and nervous tension headaches that everything will fall apart again.

It's like when I had my wedding back in 2001, buying a house. I never ever want to do this again. Never.
re: Hana Hou! (karma: 1)
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 07:55 AM
This month, the beginning of March, was my wedding anniversary! I'm trying to upload a photo of myself and my li'l mama on my wedding day. I hope it does not come out sideways like the other ones did. I still cannot figure out how the heck that happened, lol!

Husband and I have been married 13 years.
By hummingbird
On Fri Mar 21, 2014 08:14 AM
Congratulations and many more happy years to you both. That is such a lovely picture of both of you.
On Wed Apr 02, 2014 07:05 PM
We closed on the house today. I'm still in shock. We are trying to move in this weekend. Wow. :O
By Tansey
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 02:01 PM
Congratulations! After all you went through for this house, I am so happy that it worked out for you in the end. May you have many, many happy years in your new home.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 03, 2014 05:12 PM
Congratulations! I'm so happy it finally worked out!
On Thu Apr 10, 2014 02:34 PM
Edited by Celebrian (127245) on 2014-04-10 14:37:44 Shoutout to Tansey and TheMidlakeMuse!!!
We'll we are fully moved out of the apartment and into the house. That was a hilarious ordeal I never want to have to repeat again!

I was emptying boxes at an alarming rate and today is the first day I took a day OFF.

It still feels surreal in some ways. We're now figuring out what the HOA fees cover and what days to put out the trash and my husband bought a lawn mower and is going to use it for the first time today. The man comes to measure our yard next week to give us estimates for a fence.

Beautiful neighborhood. Still in disbelief that two people from our background really did this. It is miles away from where we both came from. Still feel like bawling that we were able to do this for our son. Still wide eyed in shock...

People in our family keep asking if we're going to have a housewarming. Uhh... What's the etiquette for that? Mother in law is kind of pressuring me to make a wish list. I don't want to ask for gifts! If anything it'd be the most boring wish list EVER. It'd have like 15 items on it, tops, haha! It would only involve linens and blankets, hahaha!!!

What the heck is the etiquette for housewarmings? One more thing to google? LOL!

And thank you, Tansey and TMM for your well wishes!
On Thu Apr 17, 2014 03:07 PM
It has been a roller coaster of emotions this week.

My great aunt went into the hospital over the weekend and wound up in a coma. Them my cousin went into labor and have birth (aunt's granddaughter), then my aunt was pronounced brain dead and was taken off the ventilator. And now my best friend (relative via marriage) is in the hospital getting a c-section.

So many ranges of life in such a short span of time. Too much stuff too soon. I'm glad about the babies, but I really wish my great aunt could have been around for another decade. I know, that's ridiculous of me to say that. But I just can't help it. It's how I feel.
On Thu May 22, 2014 08:50 PM
Wow has it been a month since I've put an entry in here?

In some ways I've been doing great and in other ways I'm not doing so great.

Had fun today. MLM and I were writing buddies via FB today to make sure we buckled down and wrote. That helped me out big time!

But something has been bothering me lately. I feel like in the past eight months or so, people have been practically going out of their way to express their dislike of me or just their being judgmental in general about whatever about my life. Girls just being nasty and catty toward me. I never used to go through this. Or least maybe I didn't notice it. I thought as I got older this would happen less and less. I think I'm starting to understand social interaction more as I get older and now I'm starting to realize when people are being catty and snarky when I didn't realize it before?

So I'm starting to reach the crossroads of 'should I care?' and 'well -insert profane word starting with 'F' here- you too'.

My mother and my husband told me the dreaded 'you're nice looking and they're jealous' thing. I am sorry, no one is THAT fine. I think sometimes people just get something into their head about whomever and they run with it and forever after you're 'that woman' and they hate your guts. Fine, so long as no one steps into my space or gets in my face, go ahead and dislike me. When you start with the stupid looks and rolling your eyes though now we're entering High School territory. I mean, how old are we? Grow up already.

If I don't like someone, I'm not going to be around them or talk to them or hang out with them. If I have to deal with them for business I will always be a professional and smile and say 'good morning' and handle my business. But these people I've come across the past few months go out of their way to be where I'm at socially just to show their dislike of me or the ones who I have to deal with in a professional capacity go out of their way not to answer when I say 'good morning' to them. Being passive aggressive gets you only so far. Have an issue with someone? Be straightforward instead of looking at them and rolling your eyes or being unprofessional.

I am just so tired of the people on this planet. They yell at children for being kids and then become adults and don't act like they've grown up one bit.

Okay, Rant Over.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Thu May 22, 2014 09:36 PM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2014-05-22 21:38:36
^ But you are that fine!

In all seriousness, this one woman hates me so much that she yelled at me for making noise breathing( I breathe like a normal person....) . She said the sound of my breathing annoyed her and my voice is annoying.

I guess when you really hate someone, everything they do become annoying.

Next time someone rolls their eyes, you should smile and innocently offer them eye drops. " whenever my eyes get dry, I have to roll them to moisten them up again. I have extra eye drops, do you need some?" Hahha
( totally passive aggressive and stopping to their level...but wouldn't that just feel good?)

Misery loves company. You are doing well, you have a beautiful family, and they just can't handle someone who is confident in themselves like you are.
By hummingbird
On Thu May 22, 2014 11:19 PM
If people want to be catty and snarky then it's their problem and you just let them get on with it, carry on being your own beautiful self and don't you ever stoop to their level!

As life goes on you learn that people come and people go, sometimes we regret them going, with people like that they can make it very difficult to miss them.

I'm so glad you got your move out of the way and I hope you're getting things how you want them in the new house.
On Tue Jul 01, 2014 07:03 AM
Whew! Has it been, what? A month and a half since I put an entry here? Oh wow!

I guess we've unpacked about 85% of everything we brought with us and threw out 5% of what we brought, lol! That means only 10% are left in boxes somewhere. I've been trying to sort little by little, but since it's summertime my son is home and it is that much harder to get anything done when you're trying to keep an eye on a 10 year old that is socially and mentally more like a 4 year old. The paradox of that is that as he grows, mentally he matures, just at a much slooooower pace. I see a huge difference in behavior compared to three or four years ago.

So my boy is getting therapy three days a week now. They are talking about keeping the amount of days the same, just upping the hours little by little. I'm supposed to drop off this packet to an office tomorrow (paperwork to fill out, EEK!) so that he can start getting other therapies in two weeks. I also might be putting him into an art therapy course for the month of August. We'll see. I'm type-BROKE all of the time and I'm trying to figure out where that money is going to come from.

Would it be rude for me to feel that I just can't handle a housewarming? Because I can't. Etiquette wise (I looked it up! ;)), I should have it sometime this month. After this month is up, that's it. I can't have one and seem 'polite'. I don't know why, but the etiquette people say you're supposed to do it within 2.5 calendar months after you move into the home. Whatever. Fine. If it were up to ME I'd have had it in October. But I guess that is considered rude. I'll just have to have a Star Trek bash instead! Bahahaha!

And now that I'm on the subject, I want to talk about BBT. Big Bang Theory. No, not the actual theory (although that would tickle me pink). But the show.

I love the show. Love it love it love it. Don't get me wrong. But I have two pet peeves with the show. First, they make it look like women aren't interested in sci-fi/fantasy on their own. Like the only reason they would like that kind of stuff and RPGs is if some guy in their life introduces them to it. Pardon you writers of BBT, but I was a Trekkie before I even knew the word 'Trekkie' existed. I was writing fanfiction before I even knew what the heck fanfiction was. And I can sure as hell hold my own at a sci-fi convention in a conversation involving anything JRR Tolkien, Star Trek, Inception... Oh, don't get me started!!!

I went and looked it up. Apparently, females like myself are the unicorns of the geek world. I am a minority female from the projects. Apparently that doesn't happen very often? Or maybe they don't poll people from there? And I sure as heck wouldn't just stand there if someone tried to bully me or take my stuff. Frak that. I'm like Walter Sobchack in The Big Lebowski. What's mine is mine!

So anyhow, I just wish BBT would introduce a geek girl that started out that way all on her own. That would be nice.

As for the second thing I'm annoyed with the show about. I'll leave that for another day. I signed up for Camp Nanowrimo and I've got to get to work on that novel.
On Sun Aug 03, 2014 07:53 PM
I won another Nano! WOO!

I feel OBNOXIOUS!!! WHY? I am kind of d-runk right now. Still able to type though. (I gots skillz!)

My bro-in-law and his husband are over my house now and I am shlossed-ish. I am NOT used to alcohol anymore. I am going to be training from next week onward for some stuff, working out a lot, so this is my cheat weekend! :)

Being not too right now I am going to talka bout a beef I have.

I am mad short and almost 40. I keep getting carded!!! CURSES!@!!

In the pst I used to care about some stuff. The older I get the more IDGAF I'm turning. But people thin I'm some assertive little girl until they hear my voice. I have a 'woman voice' and big big boobies... I'd like to have surgery for the boobies. I want samller boobies. I'm gettingsurgery when I'm 45. These girls have got to goooo. They make my back hurt!

My son is sleeping. Wee!
By hummingbird
On Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:01 PM
Congrats on your win and have a drink for me! :P
re: Hana Hou! (karma: 2)
On Mon Aug 11, 2014 09:08 AM
We are finally working on our dreams. We had our first business meeting on Saturday.

We're launching our own company. And I BELIEVE that because we are not 'the norm' we will bring something different to the gaming world. We had someone who could music, two writers and not much else. My husband's coworker was a coder looking for stories. So we've merged.

I'm excited. So very excited!!!
re: Hana Hou! (karma: 2)
On Thu Sep 04, 2014 09:23 PM
My son walked out of a therapy session today and called me 'mama' today. I asked him to say it again and he did. I cried for 10 minutes after that.

There are a few sounds they seem to be coaxing out of him and I'm trying not to get my hopes up that he will seriously talk one day or even that he will just have a basic verbal vocabulary to tell us things like what he wants for breakfast and stuff like 'hate that shirt' or 'buy me candy' whatever!!! I'll take it!!!

Buy I've finally heard my son call me mama a bunch of times today and I just don't know what to do with myself, to hope or not hope. I'm just in awe right now. And hope is there again.
On Thu Sep 11, 2014 07:26 PM
Edited by Celebrian (127245) on 2014-09-11 19:28:36 Change one word.
And now he's saying 'bye'. Word #2!

The kid's therapy got increased from 3 hours a week to 6 hours a week and two weeks later words are trying to pop out of him. I'm hopeful and frustrated at the same time. The professionals say these kids are supposed to get 40 hours a week to maximize their potential. He's not even getting half of that and look at what's starting to happen. Imagine if he got everything he needed? I'm trying to be patient but the clock is ticking and he's getting older. And so am I.

I may look quite young, but I will be 40 next year and not a week goes by that I don't have an anxiety attack about what will happen to my son when I die.

So I made a deal. I've basically bartered myself out to a company two days a week so my son will have a summer of intensive therapies next year. I work for them and my 'pay' is my son getting therapy. So while writing for the company we're trying to launch I'm working two days outside the home. And I have a new space to start teaching hula again.

I'm gon' b busy...
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 11, 2014 08:26 PM
That's so exciting! I'm stoked for you guys.

My friend's 10 year old daughter is Autistic and non-verbal as well. She can say about two words now, too. She started computer therapy some time ago and now has a computer that speaks for her. It's incredible, much like this 20/20 episode: www.youtube.com . . .
Does your son have access to that type of therapy? It has been remarkable for my friend's daughter.
On Thu Oct 16, 2014 06:05 PM
Hi, STG! He's getting pre-training for that now. Thanks for stopping by!

In other news, I'm trying really hard to be forgiving but there seem to be idiots everywhere!!! Ugh! I'll talk about this some other time when I'm not so pissed off!
On Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:13 AM
My next to worst nightmare come true just happened. I'm shaking right now. My hands are shaking. Thank God for autocorrect right now.

We have a triple lock on our front door. This place is only a step down from Fort Knox. Well Esteban found a way out somehow.

I heard a door open, thought it was the Florida room. I went into the kitchen and felt a stuff breeze. From there I saw it. The front door was WIDE OPEN. No Esteban in sight. I screamed.

I ran out of the house in these horribly short shorts, no bra and no shoes. My husband ran one way and I ran the other.

An older neighbor out washing his car said, 'the boy ran that way with no shirt and no shoes!' I screamed thank you and kept on running.

I finally spotted him up the block and screamed, "Esteban, wait for mommy!" He looked scared and confused and COLD. When he saw me he was no longer scared and wanted to run some more. I caught him.

On the way walking him home the neighbor let me know he would keep an eye out for our boy if it happened again.

We had our son show us when he got home how he got the door open. He can't reach the top latch so I still don't understand how that happened? Was it left open last night? We're making a trip to the store today for yet another lock.

I'm still shaking.

I'm so grateful I started running a few months ago. That kid is fast. Mom's got to be faster.
On Fri Dec 05, 2014 05:46 PM
It must be great to be willfully ignorant. Great.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed