Forum: Adults / Married Life

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Is this weird??
By Dancerat50member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 353, member since Fri Dec 18, 2009
On Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:58 PM
When in doubt, do nothing. I would not respond with a card but would probably not be able to resist the next time I run into her saying "Thanks for the great laugh. You really know how to joke around! That had to be the wildest thing I have ever heard of - gifts for an elopement! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Mon Dec 30, 2013 01:49 PM
The inappropriateness of her interaction/request for $/gifts etc. is WAY BEYOND words. The behavior should NOT be rewarded in anyway. Either send a card or do nothing.
By kashmirjayPremium member Comments: 287, member since Tue Mar 01, 2011
On Wed Jan 15, 2014 08:52 PM
So basically what they're saying is, "You're not good enough to be invited to our wedding, but your money is."

Yikes.

And then having the balls to call it an elopement!

YIKES!!

And you barely know these people!!!! Oh man. Everything about this is bad, bad, bad.

I would be tempted to just pretend it didn't happen. No card, no gag gift, nothing. You don't owe these people ANYTHING.
By KaeDancer Comments: 33, member since Wed Jan 22, 2014
On Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:24 AM
Very, very odd!

I have heard of a trend where people set up a wishing well at wedding and outline that they only want money in the well. I've even heard that people have set amounts, nothing under 20, etc per person!

I say send a card, you don't have to but it's just polite :)

Kaela x
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch