Forum: Irish / Irish

Irish Dance Magazine Promotional Codes
By sweetpea185
On Sat Nov 02, 2013 04:34 PM

Hi all!

I'm really interested in subscribing to IDM (Irish Dance Magazine), but I've noticed that it's quite expensive to Canada. Does anyone have any promo codes that I could use to get a discount, please and thank you?

Thanks very much,
Dana

11 Replies to Irish Dance Magazine Promotional Codes

re: Irish Dance Magazine Promotional Codes
By irishismylifemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:10 AM
I don't think they really have those.
By Sakura_Efreet
On Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 PM
They usually have codes to get an item included in your subscription (something dance related, like a bag, leg-warmers, etc). But I have never seen a discount code for the actual cost of the magazine.
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:20 AM
If you, or anyone you know, are a attending a feis where they have a booth, IDM offers great subscription rates at feisanna. Something to check into for a discount.
By byudawn
On Tue Nov 05, 2013 05:31 PM
Slightly off-topic---have they announced anything about the Dress Design contest? I thought they would by the end of October..
By byudawn
On Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:58 PM
Edited by byudawn (224140) on 2013-11-06 12:59:04
Edited by byudawn (224140) on 2013-11-06 13:03:26
***Note--I asked the above question yesterday and suddenly it appeared after my comment today, weird!

DD's teacher is subscribed and she kindly offers to let her students borrow them :). ^^ I agree that at a Feis/Comp is the best place/time to get a subscription--it is pricey! However, I do see on their website to subscribe that there IS in fact a spot to enter a Promotioinal code---so I don't know where you get one?

As a highjack---has anyone read/heard anything about the results for their Dress Design contest? I though they were posting some of the favorites/winners near the end of October??
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 06, 2013 01:19 PM
The dress design short list is always posted on the website for voting, however they're having a new website done which hit some snags and isn't ready yet. S the designs will be posted as soon as the new website is ready.

The box for a promo code when subscribing is as someone else explained - for the incentives. ie subscribe before the end of x month and receive a free shoe bag if you enter promo code xyz.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with how cheap the subscription is - I'm sure it's less than £28 where I am, for a whole year, and even I don't get discounts ;)
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 06, 2013 01:29 PM
^ The subscription in the US/Canada is $70, which a currency converter tells me is the equivalent of roughly £44 at the moment. I'm guessing it's printed on your side of the pond and shipped to the US, which is why it's so expensive? Magazine subscriptions are typically $20-30 a year, which is why people are talking about sticker shock :O
On Wed Nov 06, 2013 03:04 PM
Ah, ok. Yes, it is printed in Bristol.

I know they do packages for schools who want to set up a bulk subscription order. I'm not sure if this is a rolling thing or just occasional, but OP, if there are others in your school who would like to subscribe perhaps you can find out. Mo is the boss of subscriptions and her email address is (usual email drill): Maureen AT Irish dancing dot com
By sweetpea185
On Wed Nov 06, 2013 05:10 PM
Thank you guys, I will definitely be on the look out for them at my next feis!

I agree, it is quite pricey, but I guess Canada to Britain is a long way. Still though... $70?!?

So I've read other posts about Idm, and I've heard that it's poorly edited and it doesn't have the greatest content, plus a lot of ads? What do you all think of it?
By irishismylifemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Nov 07, 2013 09:42 AM
I love IDM. Althought I have to agree at times it's a bit boring. I was hoping to switch to Feis America the last time my subscription ran out but then they got bought out :( Feis America was awesome
On Fri Nov 29, 2013 08:36 AM
You're in luck!

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL - SHOP NOW and save 10% on a one year subscription with promotional code 1032. In addition, we will ship to YOU, upon receipt of your order, a high quality gift card to wrap up and put under the tree – all on time for Christmas! IDM is the BEST gift for any Irish dancer. We rarely discount the subscription, so act today! *note: cannot be combined with other offers. Offer expires MIDNIGHT TONIGHT! MUST USE PROMOTION CODE 1032 to trigger the 10% discount!

ReplySendWatch