Forum: Irish / Irish

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
By KelleeBean17
On Tue Nov 12, 2013 01:39 AM
Edited by Theresa (28613) on 2013-11-12 15:51:54 It has the asterisk when I look at it?
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2013-11-18 20:14:00 try this...
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2013-11-18 20:14:21 hooray

Well it's official, guys. I've made it into the ranks of LV, A&F, & CK. Someone is ripping off my designs. ...more specifically a Zazzle user called HaveAGreatLife. ...who apparently doesn't know karma is key to said 'great life.'

Aaaanyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I sell only on Etsy & Zazzle, under the name PassClick (previously JbKb):

Zazzle

www.etsy.com . . .

The second pic has colors/products I've been using lately... anything else probably isn't me. Haven't sold at feises (yet?) either.

Guess I'll be keeping an eye out from now on =/
And thanks for being so supportive! Seeing the design at feises & out is super awesome <3

6 Replies to Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

re: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 12, 2013 06:36 PM
Several years ago you made me a v-neck ladies style shirt. I'd love another one if you can still get the shirt. I'd be happy to send you the info on it. It's my favorite dance shirt - planning on wearing it at the Mid-Atlantic Oireachtas in 2 and a half weeks (ahhh, near panic!!) *sigh* Better now.
By CelticCatPremium member
On Tue Nov 12, 2013 09:38 PM
That's not right - if you contact Zazzle, tell them this is your original design and another shop is using it without your permission, you should have a strong case to get the copies taken down. It's a very distinctive design, which helps. Do you have any sketches/notes from when you were creating it? Records of when you first started using it for products?

I sell a t-shirt design on Cafe Press that I have permission from the artist to use. It's also very distinctive.

www.cafepress.com . . .

If you do a search for "Ghillie Girl" on Cafe Press, you'll also get this t-shirt design, which was added much more recently. Different enough not to be a "copy," but you can see an influence.

www.cafepress.com . . .

Reminds me a lot of the pin-back button I designed and have been making and selling online for about 5 years, as you can see in my photo.
By KelleeBean17
On Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:04 PM
Hey Kirvin! There're V-necks up at Zazzle - both March Madness & not. Lemme know if you can't find 'em. Plus, the cool thing about that site is that for all apparel, you can change the color and style but keep the design.

And CelticCat, your copycat is just as similar as mine! Your original design is so much cleaner and more balanced. CafePress won't take the imitation down?! I'm shocked. ...in the works with Zazzle for mine right now...
On Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:07 AM
KelleeBean, my ghillie heart was done by a professional graphic artist, the other one looks like it was a sketch for an idea rather than a finished design. People don't realize that just because something's on the Internet doesn't mean it's up for grabs!
By KelleeBean17
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 08:31 PM
Definitely, CelticCat.

Zazzle was swift in removing the copycat design, hooray! I had copy-written my design earlier this year (only $35), just in case. I wonder if the actual documentation sped up my case or if they would've been equally as helpful without it. I hear another easy proof is to present sales/listing records dated earlier than the copycat's...

Hopefully Cafepress will be helpful, because your case is certainly infringement.
On Tue Nov 19, 2013 03:09 AM
Good news, KelleeBean! You were really smart to do what you did earlier in the year.

ReplySendWatch