Forum: Adults / 40 Something

40 Something
Older Ballet Dancers
By Matherina Comments: 43, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Fri Nov 15, 2013 03:46 PM

I am 56, and still dance on pointe nearly every day. I have a small studio, and also teach Ballet part time. Just wondering if there are more of me out there. I definitely don't have the strength I used to, having taken several long breaks along the way, after a professional career. Please share your experiences as older dancers. Inspire me!

3 Replies to Older Ballet Dancers

re: Older Ballet Dancers
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Sat Nov 16, 2013 02:17 PM
Talk to smileywoman! She posts on the ballet boards all the time! And she's absolutely beautiful en pointe!
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 635, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Nov 16, 2013 07:32 PM
I was never a professional, but my mom started me in ballet when I was young. Never really took to it. However, I came back to it after college. Now at 47.5 yrs old, I am really enjoying taking adult recreational class. I take two classes a week. I am retiring from a 27+ year career in the Forces next year, and I intend to do more with my dancing if I can. I have never been on pointe, but would love to start learning the basics of it, even if it is at almost 50 years young!
By Matherina Comments: 43, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Thu Nov 21, 2013 09:53 AM
Thanks, muffin head!

ReplySendWatch