Forum: Irish / Irish

Dyeing hair to match my wig?
By celticprincessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 AM

O's are this weekend, and I have a bit of a problem.

I got a new wig recently, and it's a few shades lighter than my natural hair color. I bought the BBlonde Natural Blonde spray in hair color, but it comes out a bright, glittery gold. I tried to lighten it a bit with dry shampoo, but it just came out looking really gross, and people kept making comments about how I looked like I was wearing a powdered wig. Any tips on how to make my hair color look a bit more natural? Please, I need to figure this out before saturday!

7 Replies to Dyeing hair to match my wig?

re: Dyeing hair to match my wig?
By Shamrocker80591
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:39 AM
Depending on how light the wig is, Jerome Russell spray in Platinum might work. The other sprays come out too yellow where as this one comes out in a more white blonde tone. Maybe you could try using just the platinum or mixing the two to get the right shade? I know girls who would spray the platinum first to give themselves almost a white base to start with and then add the blonde spray to give a more realistic color.
By celticprincessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 AM
Any idea where I can find the platinum blonde one? I had enough trouble finding the one I did!
By SamCartermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:59 AM
celticprincess wrote:

Any idea where I can find the platinum blonde one? I had enough trouble finding the one I did!

Amazon has it:

www.amazon.com . . .
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:01 PM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2013-11-18 12:02:03
If you're talking about actually dyeing your hair to match your wig--my sister's done it, but a shade darker. It's always to go darker rather than lighter, unfortunately. And especially when it comes to blondes, going lighter can be disastrous without being in the hands of a capable professional.

The spray looks like it can be found on Amazon (TWINSIES, SamCarter!)--I got pages of results searching for "jerome russell platinum blonde spray" on Google. Good luck!
By SpiffyLlama78
On Mon Nov 18, 2013 02:00 PM
Vendors at Oireachtas should have different color sprays. If you want to do a trial before the big day, try CVS or Walgreens. If you can't fin it there, asian beauty supply stores usually have them.

You can also try to put baby powder on before spraying. Make sure to hold the can a few inches away from your hair and spray in light layers to build it up naturally.
By Anadances
On Fri Nov 29, 2013 02:56 PM
Put baby powder on before spraying it. I did that once for an Irish routine, and baby powder helped me so much
By danseire
On Fri Nov 29, 2013 08:59 PM
Go to Sally Beauty - they usually have a good selection of sprays. Get the white hair spray AND the Beach or Natural Blonde. Spray with White first than go over that with the Beach/Natural Blonde until you get the right color. My daughter has the same issue with her blond wig.

ReplySendWatch