Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

Pilates/Yoga
Should you go to yoga if your knee hurts?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Nov 24, 2013 09:42 AM

In general and in my specific case. I keep debating on whether or not to go to class this afternoon. On one hand, I think it might make it works. On the other hand, it might help it, but I have no idea which one.

I did something to my knee yesterday. Now it hurts if I straighten it when standing.

If there a general rule of thumb for this sort of thing. The class is a vinyasa/ yin.

2 Replies to Should you go to yoga if your knee hurts?

re: Should you go to yoga if your knee hurts?
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Nov 24, 2013 02:26 PM
I would rest it, you don't say which part is hurting, but rule of thumb is if there's restricted movement then it's probably better to rest rather than use it.
re: Should you go to yoga if your knee hurts?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Nov 24, 2013 04:41 PM
Thanks. I did not go to the class. It's the soft spot below the patella. There is a sharp pain if I straighten my knee all the way standing or sitting (to be fair though, my knees hyper-extend a little bit, and having it slightly bent is probably really almost straight).

ReplySendWatch