Forum: Irish / Irish

Open platform?
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 AM

There was a post a whole back speaking about open platform feisanna that don't require a tcrg to sponsor students.
There were no competitions at the time in the northeast USA.
But I would like some more information on it or possibly a website to go to. Did it begin with a W?
Thank you for any help or direction. Especially after hearing the results from my former dance school at the Os my frustration has again surfaced with the An comisiun (I think that's the right org) and the "good old boys" club.
There always seems to be favorites played. One of the reasons I stopped competing and a minor reason why I have not pursued my tcrg.

4 Replies to Open platform?

re: Open platform?
By SophiaOlympia
On Thu Nov 28, 2013 02:45 PM
Hello,

I am a TCRG with the World Irish Dance Association (WIDA). They have just added a number of schools from the US and have an open platform feis circuit starting in 2014 including a North American Nationals and Oireachtas. You do not need a TCRG to be a member or compete, but they offer the exams. You can check out their website here worldirishdance.com and contact the head person here eiriu@aol.com
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 29, 2013 09:40 AM
Thank you!
By KCID
On Fri Nov 29, 2013 07:11 PM
This is actually a perfectly times post! RTN is looking to grow the NE area. We have 2 feises there a year one in September and 1 in April. We are having our World Qualifiers in January in NJ where the next day we are having a TCRG workshop, refresher for current teachers, etc. If you want I can give you the contact information of the head of our organization, the name of the teacher/school in Mass/NH and also the info about the tcrg workshop.
And you do not have to be a member or a tcrg to participate in any of RTN's events.
By KCID
On Sat Nov 30, 2013 03:48 PM
I believe ashly Irish dance? has on their website all the OP feises or a good number of them and also the diff schools and who they belong to and where they are.

ReplySendWatch