Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Misc

Ballet Photos - Misc
Reverse PDD
By ex_gang_girl Comments: 418, member since Sun Jan 17, 2010
On Wed Nov 27, 2013 07:31 AM

Some people think that ballerinas are weak little things, I think this pictures proves that notion wrong.......

4 Replies to Reverse PDD

re: Reverse PDD
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:08 PM
Yes, lifts are wonderful and they aren't limited to a guy playing the part of a fork lift truck while a girl plays the part of the crate being lifted.

A while ago when I went to a week-long local summer intensive (all female students), we practiced a modern number with a lift where the group all lifted one tall (though I must say skinny and light) student. It was very easy. At the little show for parents and friends at the end of the week everyone gasped as if this were a great accomplishment.

I wish I knew more about the art and science of doing this effectively. Maybe in another life I will study kinesthesiology.
By Storm_Trouper Comments: 808, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Thu Nov 28, 2013 01:23 AM
I just discovered a copy of 2nd edition Nikolai Serebrennikov's book on partnering. Chs. 8 - 13 are concerned with all manner of lifts. He breaks it down.
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2214, member since Thu Dec 20, 2007
On Sat Nov 30, 2013 08:17 PM
toroandbruin wrote:

I wish I knew more about the art and science of doing this effectively. Maybe in another life I will study kinesthesiology.

Why not volunteer to partner for a PDD class? People are always looking for good partners, and PDD class is where they teach that stuff.
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:28 PM
greenpumpkin wrote:

Why not volunteer to partner for a PDD class? People are always looking for good partners, and PDD class is where they teach that stuff.
Because, in spite of the masculine-sounding username (it reflects my many years in the field of investor relations), I'm female and short. Around here guys are always in demand for pas but women aren't. And I'm not on pointe so I can't fulfill the typical woman's role. I've always been pretty strong; so if I were younger and taller -- oh, just even young -- I'd volunteer to learn the man's parts. As it is, for lifting weight to keep osteoporosis at bay I'll just have to make do with free-weights in Jazzercise class.

ReplySendWatch