Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Girls Only
Where do you buy your DD+ Bras (USA)
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 04:05 PM

I'm a Brit living and working on a ship sailing out of America, I need to do underwear shopping urgently... I have more than one underwire poking out.

The trouble is Im a 32E which I think is a 32DDD here and that's a tough size to find, especially with the few stores in the mall near where we dock.

So I'm looking for somewhere online that does nice bras in the larger sizes.

Please don't suggest Victoria secrets, I find them useless. They measured me as a 34B I told them they were wrong and got them to bring me a DDD but there just isn't the support in their bras.

thank you

10 Replies to Where do you buy your DD+ Bras (USA)

re: Where do you buy your DD+ Bras (USA)
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 04:12 PM
Iliah, would know about this the best. ( The ddn member). I believe she is a 30E?
She went and bought me a 30 DD bra at some asian store. I would PM her asking for some suggestions.

She does my Bra shopping for me and sends me links.
Have you tried Nordstrom? We have both had luck there finding bras that fit.
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 04:31 PM
Edited by Dancing_EMT (115664) on 2013-12-06 16:32:35
Frederick's of Hollywood.

There's also a store called "Intimacy", but their bras run $125+ EACH.

Macy's, Dillards also have a decent bra selection. I've also gotten some nice things at a store called Soma.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 04:46 PM
Some Macy's, Dillards or Nordstrom's. Macys usually has Wacoal. Dillards has Wacoal, Freya, Chantelle and Le Mystere. Nordstrom has all of those plus Panache.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 06:12 PM
I'm a 28F and can only buy in specialty stores. I've never found my size in any North American chain. I'd google for lingerie stores in your ports and see if there's somewhere that carries non-"standard" sizes as your best bet.
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 09:53 PM
Lol...YYD Facebook messaged me about this.

Everyone else has given you great suggestions.

Yes, a UK 32E is a US 32DDD, which shouldn't be as hard to find as say, a 28 or 30 band. I range between UK 30E/F, 28F/FF which is a pain in the butt, but I'm so glad I'm not a 26 band because that would mean ordering waaay overseas from Polish brands.

A few good online retailers (which do free shipping/returns at times):

Bare Necessities
Figleaves (they're UK based but has a US presence)
HerRoom
eBay (search for specific brand/style/size by UK shops who ship overseas and sometimes you find amazing deals/steals. I got a bra for $30 including international shipping and it normally retails for $70 in the U.S)

They offer much more selections than a chain department store. You can also try Yelp searching specialty lingerie stores in your area.

bustyresources.wikia.com . . .

This is also a good resource.

For Japanese bras (great quality, fairly inexpensive), you can try Rakuten, which has an international site that ships worldwide. You would be a G70 in Japanese sizing so you can search that directly.
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:10 PM
My dd and I get ours from Lady Grace shops. She's a 30DDD and these are hard to find elsewhere. I just went to the site and selected size DDD32. It looked like there were dozens to choose from. ladygrace.com .
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:21 PM
Soma is a good one; I've had some luck there, especially with stuff on sale, which is always nice.

I'd suggest giving a try to the Fabulous line at Victoria's Secret, if you haven't already. That's pretty much the only style of theirs that fits me well plus has enough support. The Fabulous demi is my everyday bra these days. I'm a 34DD but I know they carry your size, at least online if not in the store.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:32 PM
Ya, depending on where you are you could look for a local boutique but it is going to be overpriced, most likely. I too wear a size that isn't in regular stores (30DD) and I order online almost exclusively. If you are in a total pinch you could always purchase a bra in a sister size just to get you through. For you that would be a 32DD, you'd probably have to wear it on the tightest hook right away but the volume would be the same.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 AM
Ok so I just reread your post and totally missed the part where you said that you could order online. For some reason when you mentioned that you are working on a ship I thought you needed to be able to shop at an actual store at a mall.

Anyway, if you are ordering online you could still go with Nordstrom, that is probably the only US based store I can fully recommend. www.figleaves.com . . . and bravissimo aren't US based but will ship here reasonably and should have anything that you need. Just pay attention to the brand to see what sizing it is.
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Sat Dec 07, 2013 09:46 AM
Thank you all for your assistance, you are wonderful! I always like to have beautiful underwear which as I'm sure you know is quite a challenge if you're anything above a C but these sites you have suggested do have some lovely options.

I have used Bravissimo and was very happy with two bras I purchased from there but both have fallen apart very quickly, more than a little disappointed with the quality. The colour and lace damaged within a short space of time then the underwire came out. Very unimpressed

ReplySendWatch