Forum: Irish / Irish

Wig cases
By luckycharms5
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 06:02 PM

Wondering wear to purchase those wig/ makeup cases I have seen for sale at a feis. 4irishdancers have them but I am hesitant to purchase because of some bad press about them. Could anyone share the brand or where to purchase? TY

6 Replies to Wig cases

re: Wig cases
By saoirse3473member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:49 PM
Honestly, I just use a very large plastic container. They're essentially the same, but considerably cheaper. I got mine from Target.
By Teasharkmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Dec 07, 2013 04:53 AM
Or if you want a really good quality one that is guaranteed to last you, then go with one of those beauty cases from luggage companies or something designed for wigs. If I was in a full wig, that is what I would use. A few examples below.

Ebay search for wig case

Samsonite pink hard case

Delsey blue hard case

Kind regards,

TeaShark
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:06 PM
At the feis, we use a train case. At home, I use a vintage bowling bag. At a feis, one of the wig vendors suggests using large zipper plastic bags with hair nets. Just some other options, instead of a special wig case. Train cases by Samsonite or American Tourister can be bought very inexpensively from thrift stores, yard sales, and flea markets. Ebay is pricier for them, since they are a vintage item.

Hope you find something that works well for you!
By tinydancer1988
On Mon Dec 09, 2013 07:16 AM
I use a round hat box. I have ziplock baggies for my hair pins, tiara, hair brush etc so that they don't get caught in the wigs, and I have nice hair nets (not the cheap flimsy type) for the wigs themselves. I've been doing it this way for 10 years, and it's always worked great.
By nbsiddancer
On Fri Dec 20, 2013 04:40 PM
depending where you are from you can get them from feisfayre in Ireland, i personally use a toiletry,makeup bag to store mine, i first put it in a hairnet then in a plastic bag then in a container then into the toiletry/makeup bag this keep it safe for travel to and from feis

hope it helps a little x
By boleyngrrl
On Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:39 PM
Store your wigs in plastic bags (just to protect the curls), and I use this: www.ebay.com . . .

It's got a water resistant interior, a bunch of pockets (very useful for bobby pins, earrings, bows, etc.), and it's pretty hardy. It won't work for big wigs, but I store 2 large bun wigs in mine and it works great. :)

ReplySendWatch