Forum: Adults / Money Matters

Money Matters
Completely Broke...and I want to give up...
By CaitDestinymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2541, member since Fri Dec 21, 2007
On Mon Dec 09, 2013 09:44 PM

I need help, DDN...

I am completely helpless as of right now. I currently only hold $1.06 to my name, in my bank account. I am trying my hardest to keep pushing through to every new day. I want to give up. I have no money for food, no money for my bills that are stacking up...nothing. I am barely holding on by a thread.

I am working, however I still have yet to be paid for work. I am in their training period which they don't pay you for. It's been a month and I haven't been cleared. I'm not even on the payroll to be honest with you.

I'm really struggling. I need advice, please.

2 Replies to Completely Broke...and I want to give up...

re: Completely Broke...and I want to give up...
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Dec 09, 2013 09:52 PM
Go to the Department of Human Services in your town and ask for help. There's oodles of public assistance programs, for exactly situations like yours. I know you don't have kids, but I used to work with a lady who got her child care subsidized because she had a low enough income. I know around here, they all have a certain time frame where you'll get an answer right on the spot. Go then.

And please resolve this job situation. Unless this is the most amazing job to ever be amazing, surely you can find someone to pay you to do something. Even if it's flipping burgers at McDonald's.
re: Completely Broke...and I want to give up...
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Tue Dec 10, 2013 02:02 AM
Also check out your local food pantry. You have got to feed yourself so you can stay healthy and keep working. Being poor sucks. Use your resources, be smart, be creative. Who can visit at dinner time? Who can you do odd jobs for to get some extra money? (Evening babysitting usually means you get to eat dinner with the kids.) What bills are optional? Can you use the Internet at the library, for example, and get rid of that bill? Hang in there, network and be willing to accept help until things improve. Some workplaces allow you to get an emergency "draw" on your check. Explain the situation to your boss.

ReplySendWatch